Vibrations on eclipse

TULIP9

I am concerned about all the comments on vibrations on this ship as we are going on it in October. We are in cabin 7344 towards stern. Usually we go forward to keep away from engine and prop shafts as they are known sources of vibration. We chanced this booking on basis that as this ship has azimuth pod drive, prop vib would not be a problem. Also our cabin is well astern of the main engines. I am a very bad sleeper and need real silence to get a good nights sleep. I would appreciate the latest comments on the vibrations/noise, particularly in relation to the cabin location.

We were on Eclipse on the March 18 2018 cruise. The comments on vibrations are greatly exaggerated IMHO.

The only vibrations we felt were in the very rear of the Oceanview cafe and you really had to think hard to notice them. We stayed on the 10th deck midship and slept like babies.

We were sailing in the Caribbean if that means anything to you.

I think you should relax and not worry about anything.

Enjoy your cruising days.

• Like 1

We were on Eclipse on the March 18 2018 cruise. The comments on vibrations are greatly exaggerated IMHO.

The only vibrations we felt were in the very rear of the Oceanview cafe and you really had to think hard to notice them. We stayed on the 10th deck midship and slept like babies.

My dear,

You cruised almost 6 months ago.A lot of things can happens to the engine.Did you happen to read one of the poster that cruise in July a month ago?

The couple hardly sleep in thier cabin due:rolleyes: to vibration and the officers agreed to the problem too.

I am concerned about all the comments on vibrations on this ship as we are going on it in October. We are in cabin 7344 towards stern. Usually we go forward to keep away from engine and prop shafts as they are known sources of vibration. We chanced this booking on basis that as this ship has azimuth pod drive, prop vib would not be a problem. Also our cabin is well astern of the main engines. I am a very bad sleeper and need real silence to get a good nights sleep. I would appreciate the latest comments on the vibrations/noise, particularly in relation to the cabin location.

One roll call member Maligator of our Eclipse Sept 22/2019 cruise just returned from the BI cruise on the Eclipse He reports : We're back from our 12-night British Isles sailing on Eclipse and she's in fine shape. Well...mostly. There's a pronounced vibration just aft of the middle elevators. A cruiser from the sailing before ours posted video of a bag shaking in his room that looked like an earthquake. We didn't feel a thing in our aft cabin on Deck 11, but in Oceanview, it's very noticeable. Glasses clinking, floor shaking, overpressure feeling in the ears...not unbearable, but very overt. I didn't hear any passengers complaining about the rooms during our cruise. I can't recall seeing anything else I thought was an issue with the ship, herself.

See

Live from eclipse 8/18 Baltic

We were on the Eclipse in June, starboard side deck 11 aft of the mid ship elevators & no noticeable vibration.

Got off the Equinox yesterday and there was a constant low vibration when at sea, we were again on deck 11 but closer to mid-ship. We didn’t notice it when up and about but lying down it was noticeable- just pretended it was little waves.

We were on the Eclipse March 18th, 2018 and May 20th, 2018 on 9th floor nearer the back and vibrations were awful. Even sitting on the chair near window or couch near window was bad. I had 3 different people come up and check and couldn;t sleep at night. Many people on 9th have complained and they said it's nothing. I won't go on it again.

We were on 18th March cruise in 6224 and the vibration was pretty bad. The tv used to rattle all the time, and glasses would vibrate along the table. It was also pretty unpleasent even trying to read, as the page you were holding was vibrating wildly. The vibration occurred when both moored up and moving so appears engine room related. I have sailed on the eclipse in the same stateroom for the last 6 years and this was the first time ant appreciable vibration was felt in the stateroom. We were moved to an alternitive stateroom up on deck 9 in the end which was also on the 'hump' section. This also vibrated pretty badly.

We are booked in 9292, does anyone have any feedback on this cabin. It is midship just off the bump aft, starboard.

My DH has back pain from disease so vibrations are out of the question. Please post any update to this condition. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruised Eclipse to British Isles on 8/3/18 cruise... far aft Sunset Verandah... no out of the ordinary vibration... of course, it is common to have a tiny bit of vibration on any ship at any time, but we had nothing very noticeable.

As mentioned above, everyone's tolerance of vibration is different.

We were on Eclipse 8/5-8/18/18 on deck 10 mid-ship bump...no problems with vibration at all. I only had one b-fast in the Ocean View and didn't notice vibration there either. We did meet people who had their cabin changed due to vibration but they were on deck 8 and I think that's where most of the problems originated. I have to be honest....I've sailed on Eclipse 5 times and never noticed vibration anywhere on board...however as previous poster has said a lot can happen in a few months on a cruise ship. It seems like there are very few complaints when you consider the number of passengers on the ship. Of course if you're in one of the cabins that vibrates that's the only one that counts!

We are booked in 9292, does anyone have any feedback on this cabin. It is midship just off the bump aft, starboard.

My DH has back pain from disease so vibrations are out of the question. Please post any update to this condition. Thanks.

We were on Eclipse 8/5-8/18/18 on deck 10 mid-ship bump...port side and had no problems with vibration at all. I only had one b-fast in the Ocean View and didn't notice vibration there either. We did meet people who had their cabin changed due to vibration but they were on deck 8 and I think that's where most of the problems originated. I have to be honest....I've sailed on Eclipse 5 times and never noticed vibration anywhere on board...however as previous poster has said a lot can happen in a few months on a cruise ship. It seems like there are very few complaints when you consider the number of passengers on the ship. Of course if you're in a cabin that vibrates that's the only one that counts! :(

Just off the eclipse this morning....I posted in the live from eclipse thread....but let me summarize again here. There are definitely areas of the ship that have vibrations...but it’s inconsistent. On the last day, there was very noticeable vibration on the starboard side of oceanview that wasn’t there earlier on the cruise. Early on the cruise, I walked around every veranda/ suite deck and found no really significant vibration anywhere. Later in the cruise, I found that on decks 6-10 on the port (left) side behind the rear elevators seemed to vibrate more...didn’t notice anything on the starboard side...but then there was the vibration in oceanview. To me, there is no fundamental problem with the eclipse....the vibration really seems to vary based on wind, sea current, etc....which aren’t predictable.

I think, to be safest, I’d book an even numbered cabin forward of the rear elevators....and I’d try not to be in an odd numbered cabin behind the rear elevators. Having said that, OP, you are going to get some vibration and rattles on every ship...so have reasonable expectations if you plan to cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on 18th March cruise in 6224 and the vibration was pretty bad. The tv used to rattle all the time, and glasses would vibrate along the table. It was also pretty unpleasent even trying to read, as the page you were holding was vibrating wildly. The vibration occurred when both moored up and moving so appears engine room related. I have sailed on the eclipse in the same stateroom for the last 6 years and this was the first time ant appreciable vibration was felt in the stateroom. We were moved to an alternitive stateroom up on deck 9 in the end which was also on the 'hump' section. This also vibrated pretty badly.

We were in a suite almost directly above you on the 12th floor. We had the same problem. The vibration was when moored, docked, or sailing. It didn’t matter. It was worse on the balcony and made it very unpleasant to be out there after a few min

In bed it really didn’t affect us.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So is it just Eclipse?

That's the only S Class ship we have not sailed on..Never had any vibration issues on the others. In the past, we noticed some vibration on M Class in the rear of lower level of MDR, but that was all we recall over the years.

Wonder if ECLIPSE will go in for some type of service to correct the vibration.....or is it the route she is sailing ? Does the staff or engineering people say anything ?

So is it just Eclipse?

Wonder if ECLIPSE will go in for some type of service to correct the vibration.....or is it the route she is sailing ? Does the staff or engineering people say anything ?

I asked and they didn't offer any recognition that there really was a problem that needed to be fixed.

We have only encountered vibration this bad on Eclipse, and we have more than 40 Celebrity sailings under our belts. Our issues were certainly NOT exaggerated. When the ship is shaking so bad you can't sleep, and so bad you can't sit on your balcony and read, it doesn't matter how susceptible you are. It has been quite awhile since that cruise, but I will never sail aft on Eclipse again!

We have only been on the Eclipse, the Silhouette and the Reflection. We have had 11 Eclipse cruises to date since 2012 and I have always noticed a vibration in Michaels Club which is on the port side even before it was a suite area just around where the bar starts and it does continue up the ship from there.

I have not noticed this in either the Silhouette or the Reflection although we probably wouldn’t have noticed much on the Reflection as the were building Luminae on our one Reflection cruise.

I have not noticed anything on the Silhouette.

• 2 months later...

Just recently returned from a 12-day Western Med Cruise on the Eclipse.  Had cabin #1625 (Port/Aft) which noticeably  vibrated continually (whether sailing or berthed) for the duration of the cruise.  After a few days it did get on our nerves - and despite calm seas it made my husband feel slightly nauseous on waking in the mornings - and we are used to sailing in the rough Irish Sea:classic_laugh:.  We felt there was little point in complaining as the ship was pretty full.  Other than that though we had a fabulous time.😊

4 hours ago, TriciaCC said:

Just recently returned from a 12-day Western Med Cruise on the Eclipse.  Had cabin #1625 (Port/Aft) which noticeably  vibrated continually (whether sailing or berthed) for the duration of the cruise.  After a few days it did get on our nerves - and despite calm seas it made my husband feel slightly nauseous on waking in the mornings - and we are used to sailing in the rough Irish Sea:classic_laugh:.  We felt there was little point in complaining as the ship was pretty full.  Other than that though we had a fabulous time.😊

We got off the Eclipse on Nov 10. We had S2 suite 2117 and I felt the vibration. Our friends were in a S1 aft suite on deck 8 and all was fine. We have 2 more cruises booked on Eclipse. We move to the starboard side deck 12.

• 2 years later...

We have just booked a Sunset Verandah suite on deck 7 of the Celebrity Eclipse for October 2021 around NZ.  Could anyone tell me if they have travelled in this type of cabin and if there was a problem with noise from the propellers or vibration?