What did you learn on your last Carnival cruise?

marshhawk

I learned not to wait until I got home after the cruise to call Carnival about the excursion we had. Bright side is that they gave us a partial refund for the excursion in OBC to be used on a future cruise.

If I had only gone to the excursion desk during the cruise they would have given OBC and I could have used it then. But that just means I now have to book another cruise so I can use the OBC. Aww that's a shame lol

I complained about an excursion and got nothing but sorry you didn't enjoy it. We will make a note of it. I'll stay onboard if I ever go to Freeport again.

I learned that no matter how sick you are, and how it is not possible to leave your room, Carnival does not care or try to assist you in any way on debarkation day.

No help with a wheelchair or anything? I’ve always wondered about people I’ll with NORO on debark day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After multiple cruises with teens I strongly recommend you still have them go to the club the first night of every cruise. The leaders and mix of kids varies greatly. Sometimes mine don’t go much after that but other times I rarely see them except at dinner and port days (required by mom;p)

What I learned on my last cruise in that I REALLY like the aft balcony cabins. <3

We are having our first aft balcony in February doing the southern itinerary. Tell me, what did you

like about your aft balcony? I'm so excited to have my first one!

Marshhawk - Love this thread - great idea!

On my last cruise I learned that I can have just as good of a time in an oceanview as in a suite!

We (me, oldest daughter and middle daughter) were cruising for my oldest daughter's college graduation and

about 5 days before we were to sail I received the upsell call to go from an OV to a grand suite on the

Fantasy. At the time there was going to be 4 of us going (my best friend as well) so we decided to take it

because we knew it would be better with all 4 of us trying to get ready and make it a surprise for my daughters.

She ended up not being able to go due to a grandchild being born and even though it was very nice - the

cabin was 2X the size of a regular cabin, the bathroom was large with a huge tub, walk in closet and the

balcony was a lot larger as well - we just weren't in the cabin enough to justify the extra money spent.

Oh well, at least now I can say I've cruised in a suite and cross that off my bucket list!

on my last cruise I learned drinking on the last night is not such a good idea, travelling hungover back to the hotel was awful thank goodness my family looked after me

Ooof, I've been there! Hubby still jokes about it. I remind him that he was the one pouring!

That we are much better off bringing a 12 pack of coke on-board with us than purchasing bottomless bubbles. The wait at the bar was often ridiculous and that was to receive a sometimes flat half a can of coke. Insulated tumbler and a twelve pack in the room for us from now on.

We learned that as well! While it didn't really seem like a lot of money upfront (2 adults; 2 kids), when we reflected back on how few sodas we drank, we were disappointed with ourselves.

Then tell that to people who have received price adjustments from Carnival. Start with me as I've received a price adjustment from Carnival for excursion.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

So have we. Jeep safari excursion on Freeport last Halloween [emoji3] Exactly same one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app

No help with a wheelchair or anything? I’ve always wondered about people I’ll with NORO on debark day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They never offered. I went down and asked if they had any and they sent me to the special needs debarkation lounge. I couldn't figure how to open the chair so I waited around until I saw a worker and he sent someone with me to wheel my daughter out. They stayed with me until we got to the luggage area and someone from customs took over then.

So have we. Jeep safari excursion on Freeport last Halloween [emoji3] Exactly same one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app

Indeed, I know of quite a few others who have as well. No idea why comment was made, but it was on the internet so it must be true [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I learned that cruise number 37 was a much fun as number 1 on the Mardi Gras.

I've preached to all that would listen the value of getting there early, walking around, checking out the ship, etc is a grand way to spend your first day. Using that reason a five night cruise is really two days in port, two days at sea and then you're done kind of vacation. For years I've had my family and friends muster in our driveway at 10:00 am and head for Galveston. Not this past time.

We didn't leave here until after noon, traffic was light (30 minutes usual drive, I go to Galveston 3-4 times a week) dropped off luggage at a nearly empty terminal, let my family out, went to park the car and returned to a empty priority line. We were onboard the ship unpacking carry-ons in less than 20 min after I got back on the shuttle bus.

I also was "not in charge" for this trip. Our group can vary in size from just my wife and I to several families, and I'm always the tour guide. Not this time. We had them all over for dinner and I used Apple TV to show the excursions in advance, told them it's a do what you want vacation and we'll see you at 6:00 pm dinner if your choose fixed-time. Most did.

It was a delight to walk to the cab stand, taxi to Nachi Cocom, relax with the headphones, snorkel, float and chill.

If your still with me, the moral is let others make decisions on their own and not depend on you to plan their vacation. As a very light drinker I used this strategy along with the help of Bacardi to have a great cruise. 2017 saw my dad pass, a friend for 45 years take his life and my career path take a major detour. This vacation was different. The next one in a few months will be as well!

A pirate looking at 60 in 36 days... Still 200 years to late. The cannons don't thunder there's nothing to plunder I'm an over forty victim of fate.

I love hearing other peoples' stories of wisdom, from their own personal life experiences. Thanks for sharing!

I learned that cruise number 37 was a much fun as number 1 on the Mardi Gras.

I had to check to verify -I- had not posted this! Mardi Gras was our first cruise together in 1989. Since then we've taken 32 cruises, though I have three more booked right now. The Mardi Gras was an old ship then, but beautiful and graceful, full of wood and brass. I miss that style ship.....but not the inside stateroom we had! Two built in bunks on opposite walls and the head was a combination shower/toiletsink. But it was a great experience, and we were hooked after the first day.:cool:

My last cruise was on Vista and I learned that I really liked the Vista, despite a lot of people not really liking this ship.

This cruise also confirmed to me that I will still cruise with Carnival in the future (I will eventually branch out and try another line). Still haven't had a bad Carnival cruise, and this was my 14th or 15th.