Embassy Suite or Hyatt Place One Night Dec 6 2018

taylortime05

It is only for one night. Does it really matter all that much?

We have stayed at both. ES rooms are dark, in desperate need of a reno but they are large, clean, and comfortable. HP rooms are more modern, brighter, and more up to date.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I was also looking at Bahia Mar to be closer to the beach but when I looked them up on trip advisor there were couple of complaints of bed bugs and I think they are under renovations. So it's between the 2 listed here.

I'd go with whichever is cheaper. Hyatt Place's breakfast was always adequate for us before a cruise. (We haven't stayed there since they started advertising it's been improved.) The last time we stayed at the Embassy Suites, I could not drink, so the evening reception wasn't that big a draw for me. The food at the reception isn't much--not as good as some other Embassy Suites we've stayed at.

I am surprised that ES is cheaper than HP. Are renovations taking place?

I was surprised the ES was priced much lower than HP for my date via usual travel sites. Earlier this year, they were both pricing out @ $230 per night, but last week for a couple of days, the ES dropped to $160 per night with my Hilton membership (still refundable too). Even with Valuetrips, HP would be $173 for us as we are a family of five (two older teens who would be charged as adults, I'm guessing?). Anyway, we were booked at the Pelican Grand Resort, but for a $100 price different, we have switched to the ES.

We have stayed at a number of ES locations. The FLL is not very representative of the brand.

We find the so called happy hour at this property to be very cheesy. Really, a few nachos and glass or wine or beer is not what I would call a big draw for us. Certainly not worth the long waits at the elevator that we have had on our last two visits.

The made to order breakfast is fine. We are not big buffet breakfast people so again, it is not such a draw for us. Besides, if we are going on a cruise I doubt that we will be hungry later in the day.

When it comes to a one night precruise we select on value simply because we are usually arriving later in the day. Very different if it is a longer stay. If we get it on Priceline bid for a great price all is well. It would not be our first pick if we had a choice.

To be fair, the sign at the Embassy Suites Evening Receptions states "Free Drinks and Light Snacks". It is not a meal replacement event!

The limited drink choices and free sodas can save you some money versus going to an outside bar.

The snacks are indeed light - chips, hard pretzels, cold veggies, dip and popcorn with iced tea and lemonade but they change slightly every now and then.

The pool at ES is much more attractive than the HP pool which is plain ugly and clearly an afterthought.

Embassy-Suites-Evening-Reception-Snacks.jpg

I was surprised the ES was priced much lower than HP for my date via usual travel sites. Earlier this year, they were both pricing out @ $230 per night, but last week for a couple of days, the ES dropped to $160 per night with my Hilton membership (still refundable too). Even with Valuetrips, HP would be $173 for us as we are a family of five (two older teens who would be charged as adults, I'm guessing?). Anyway, we were booked at the Pelican Grand Resort, but for a $100 price different, we have switched to the ES.

The rates are per room, not per person and these chains don't charge more for additional people. BUT there ARE rules about max occupancy in hotel rooms in Florida so be sure that the hotel will allow 5 people in a room. The suite type properties should. Often rollaways are not allowed in rooms with 2 beds.

The rates are per room, not per person and these chains don't charge more for additional people. BUT there ARE rules about max occupancy in hotel rooms in Florida so be sure that the hotel will allow 5 people in a room. The suite type properties should. Often rollaways are not allowed in rooms with 2 beds.

The "fine print" on Valuetrips states the base rate for the Hyatt Place is for two adults, and cost is $10 more per adult / person. Kids are considered to be under 12, so I assume that my 19-year-old and 16-year-old will be charged the additional fee. Which is not a big deal if we wanted to book there. But agree - on Hyatt's site, they quote for each room, not occupancy. Think we will still stay with the ES which, yes, does fit five people. With two doubles and a queen sofa bed, max occupancy is actually for six people. We're not big fans of double beds, but it's just for one night so should be fine!