Updated Cruise Director and Entertainment Director List

shof515

On 8/30/2018 at 11:44 AM, lele100 said:

Anyone ever have Donkey? is he any good, My favs are Dr E and Matt, love them any similarities?

Donkey was the CD on several of our cruises on Liberty. He is definitely one of the better CDs. Very entertaining and easy to talk to him. Ben Lambert is my favorite CD, but Dr E and Matt are both up there. Dr E definitely gives the best safety briefings. I almost looked forward to the safety briefings when he was the CD on Magic. . 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 10:44 AM, lele100 said:

Anyone ever have Donkey? is he any good, My favs are Dr E and Matt, love them any similarities?

We had Donkey a few years ago and he was fine, but nothing like Dr. E, who was the most entertaining CD I've had on over a dozen cruises.  I see that he's off the list so I can only hope he's gone off to "bigger and better things".  

32 minutes ago, GradUT said:

We had Donkey a few years ago and he was fine, but nothing like Dr. E, who was the most entertaining CD I've had on over a dozen cruises.  I see that he's off the list so I can only hope he's gone off to "bigger and better things".  

I may not be looking at the most current list, but Dr. E shows up as CD on the Pride for most of the first 5 months of 2019 on Kevin Noonan's Airtable schedule.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, crazycruzer68 said:

Michael Gibson, never heard of him anyone know him?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

He is great we had him on the Sunshine in May hope to have him again in April 2019.

1 hour ago, ABQrobin said:

Sad to see Malcolm Woohoo Burns is gone.  Loved him.

I see that Shwartz is doing a short stint on the Horizon...does that mean he is going to be on one of the newest ships next year?  He is awesome, too.

Last we heard about Malcolm (3 weeks ago) is that he is on medical leave recovering from surgery and doing well.

2017May_Freedom934-XL.jpg

1 hour ago, TomCruise48 said:

Last we heard about Malcolm (3 weeks ago) is that he is on medical leave recovering from surgery and doing well.

Thank you!  I remember reading something about his heart this past summer, so guessing that is related.  Just love him and hope he can come back to CD if he wants.  He is one of those cruise directors that MAKES you have a great time, impossible not to have fun with him around.  

That's him, Sailaway party on Freedom last year...yes, that's a wig.  

Edited by ABQrobin

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 11:24 AM, shof515 said:

John Heald posted the new updated CD and ED list here: https://airtable.com/shrowheYeozlqz6jF

We just got off of the Glory 1/12/ - 19/19.  Our CD was Dustin.  That is not what this table shows.  Dustin said he was going on vacation when we got off the ship, so I wanted to see if we had noticed the person who will be taking over.

We loved Dustin! He had so much energy and worked really hard!

On 1/21/2019 at 9:36 AM, let's go cruising said:

We just got off of the Glory 1/12/ - 19/19.  Our CD was Dustin.  That is not what this table shows.  Dustin said he was going on vacation when we got off the ship, so I wanted to see if we had noticed the person who will be taking over.

We loved Dustin! He had so much energy and worked really hard!

We had Jonathan "Cookie" Adams on the cruise after yours and he was the best!!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 7:44 PM, joepeka said:

Would be nice if he posted that link somewhere other than FB. Not everyone is on that platform (and yes, I realize that his FB page is open to the public but FB and their stupid partial screen block nagging you to join makes it difficult to use). :rolleyes:

ETA: Thank you to the OP for posting the link. My bad for not stating that up front.

He posts it on his blog:  https://johnhealdsblog.com/ in the very bottom right corner of the page.   you can also use good ole google and search for it.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:18 PM, Darwal said:

He posts it on his blog:  https://johnhealdsblog.com/ in the very bottom right corner of the page.   you can also use good ole google and search for it.

Yes, I've been aware of that for some time but it appeared that his blog had fallen into disuse so I couldn't trust much of anything posted there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Do we know who are the cruise directors on ncl escape and epic? 

unfortunately Norwegian does not advertise it like what carnival/john heald does. try posting on the norwegian forums