When is the Oasis Drydock 2019?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, kenns said:

Hi There -

Is Fall 2019 still the timeline for Oasis? I am looking at an Oasis cruise in February 2020 but want to be sure she has all the upgrades by then!

I am not sure when dry docked..booked for October 2020 when it will be in Bayonne..can't wait..I have never been on this ship..hope worth the wait

Oasis is going to the Bahama Shipyard  on March 31st for a wet Drydock. Have never released a statement as to the repairs needed but rumor control from previous passengers in the last month or so said were told by Staff that was a  propulsion problem to be repaired before Atlantic crossing. We are on Oasis April 7th so will advise if they have added any new features doing the week.     Waiting also to see what  they will add in the Big Drydock in the Fall.      Bob   The Villages, Florida

Edited by villager70
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Piperandleroy said:

We are booked Oct 2020, so guess probably leaving Bayonne shortly after that, do you know if Anthem coming back or are they replacing with a different ship?

We almost picked Anthem instead for 2021 - it will be back in Bayonne.

• Like 1

I'm looking at booking the Oasis on the cruise right after dry dock. Should I be concerned it might not be ready and they cancel the cruise? I already saw that once this year. While I know they give you options to reschedule, my concern would be paying for flights, as right now the flights are looking more expensive then the cruise per person.😣

1 minute ago, MNshortie21 said:

I'm looking at booking the Oasis on the cruise right after dry dock. Should I be concerned it might not be ready and they cancel the cruise? I already saw that once this year. While I know they give you options to reschedule, my concern would be paying for flights, as right now the flights are looking more expensive then the cruise per person.😣

Don’t book the first cruise.  Book the second or third.

2 minutes ago, MNshortie21 said:

I have to admit that it would make me uncomfortable to be booked on the first cruise after a drydock.

12 hours ago, MNshortie21 said:

Rule of thumb for all cruise lines. Never book the week before drydock as they may start some interior renovations during the sailing or the week after completion because they may not be finished with interior improvements. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Rule of thumb for all cruise lines. Never book the week before drydock as they may start some interior renovations during the sailing or the week after completion because they may not be finished with interior improvements. 

We were on adventure a few weeks before the dry dock, and the ship shape wasn’t great.  It seemed like they weren’t doing some of the maintenance (like painting & window washing).

I have booked the 1st week back, November 24. If the refurb isn’t complete, I think I can put up with some finishing up during this cruise.  As I pay the solo rate, I’d be happy to get a future cruise discount or some decent OBC or something worthwhile for the inconvenience.  What do you think the chances are? 

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Shelbs97 said:

Any news on the Oasis upgrades in the fall?  I just want to know what she's getting before I book...

Nothing publicly revealed by the cruise line.