Internet

Nanascraps

Quick question regarding internet on the Crown Princess. The last Princess Cruise we took was back in 2010 and I don't think internet was an option. Due to my medical issues we finally were able to go on another cruise February of this year. Unfortunately we chose Carnival but we were able to purchase unlimited internet usage. Looking at our upcoming cruise November 2019 on Crown Princess you have to pay for packages that are minutes not unlimited. Princess doesn't have unlimited internet?

Princess is in the process of upgrading the ships to a higher speed internet and offering unlimited packages. The issue is which ships are being upgraded soonest and whether you'll be on a ship that has been upgraded. Sorry, I don't know the status of the Crown or when an upgrade might be completed. I'd wait till near your cruise and see what is available at that time.

I know that the Caribbean Princess was on the "old and slow" system in April and as of August has had the upgrade completed. The Golden is old and slow still as of last week.

The Golden is old and slow still as of last week.

When I was on Golden in May--and on Island the week before--connectivity was much much better than on any previous Princess cruise' date=' including Royal last year. The technology for the three tiers of unlimited plans (as well as for on demand TV) has been installed on almost every ship. Yet only Regal, Grand, Coral and Caribbean offer unlimited internet plans as of now; Emerald is selling them in the personalizer for future cruises starting late this year per multiple reports on the board.

Does that mean that unlimited plans may be available on Crown by next fall? There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the order of appearance--other than timing the launch on Caribbean to coincide with the start of Medallion preview cruises.

The last Princess Cruise we took was back in 2010 and I don't think internet was an option.

There have been internet cafes with terminals for passenger use since at least 2004, when Diamond, Sapphire, and Caribbean Princess will all launched with them in situ. Wireless internet in cabins did not appear until the end of the decade though; I was on Coral Princess in April 2009 just a few weeks after that ship came on line. And it stopped working the following week.

Carnival and Royal Caribbean offer unlimited internet packages because a big segment of their target audience are those who would rather bury their nose in their electronic devices than enjoy what is going on around them. Despite Princess succumbing to that marketplace as well I gather that is one of the reasons you are returning.

Edited by fishywood

Quick question regarding internet on the Crown Princess. The last Princess Cruise we took was back in 2010 and I don't think internet was an option. Due to my medical issues we finally were able to go on another cruise February of this year. Unfortunately we chose Carnival but we were able to purchase unlimited internet usage. Looking at our upcoming cruise November 2019 on Crown Princess you have to pay for packages that are minutes not unlimited. Princess doesn't have unlimited internet?

We are booked on the Crown in 2020. PrincessCONNECT, that is the unlimited internet, is not shown as being available. Maybe the Crown will have it before November 2019, maybe not. It is being rolled out on various ships.

There is no rhyme or reason as to how the PrincessConnect is being implemented fleet wide. I am on the Crown on Nov 3 and not looking forward to the slow and go. Also booked on the second and third cruise on new Sky and they are selling the old packages. How can you build a brand new ship and not put the most up-to-date internet on board. Just baffles my mind on how they do things.

By the time they get ***** and PrincessConnect fleet wide, there will be cruises on Mars.

I am very disappointed that I can't get unlimited internet for my Royal cruise next month. We sail at least twice a year, and since we were on Regal for our last three cruises, we could use Whatsapp to talk,and it was great. I don't mind paying, but we must be able to communicate. No, we don't want to stream video or watch Netflix. However, we run a small business and will lose a lot of money and customers. We will have to sail on the other lines. I don't want to change, but there is no other way. :(:(:(:(

Internet options are weird. We have 3 cruises booked at the moment. The two next fall show Internet options. The one this fall shows zero Internet options. When I click to see the options the only thing listed is "In cabin calling to shore". 10 minutes for $49.50. That's not even an Internet thing so why is it listed there and where are the actual Internet options? We only use the "free" Platinum minutes anyway but it's pretty darn weird that there is nothing listed.

On the Caribbean princess as I type this. “MedallionNet” Internet is actually very impressive. It’s unlimited, always connected and very fast.

It’ll stream video and support Wi-Fi calling. Best part is you can actually keep in touch with your friends on board via text since the princess messenger is the worst messaging app on the planet.

Every ship should have this internet connection.

There is no rhyme or reason as to how the PrincessConnect is being implemented fleet wide. I am on the Crown on Nov 3 and not looking forward to the slow and go. Also booked on the second and third cruise on new Sky and they are selling the old packages. How can you build a brand new ship and not put the most up-to-date internet on board. Just baffles my mind on how they do things.

By the time they get ***** and PrincessConnect fleet wide, there will be cruises on Mars.

Can you believe that about the SKY??? - it's only 461 days to our SKY cruise and by the minute???

chill...Princess has been way burned by the ***** and will not put up any PrincessConnect packages on any ships until it is up and running - no more of that, well we hope it will be, so let's sell it anyway...