Hotels in Miami

cleob

We have a four night cruise on Mariner in October. We booked a hotel for one night prior to the cruise but recent reviews of this hotel haven’t been great. Any suggestions of hotels relatively near the cruise port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a four night cruise on Mariner in October. We booked a hotel for one night prior to the cruise but recent reviews of this hotel haven’t been great. Any suggestions of hotels relatively near the cruise port?

Covered almost daily in the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I also recommend the Intercontinental. Lovely property and easy access to Bayside Marketplace and lots of shopping nearby.

The last time we stayed in Miami (Dec 2016) we needed two rooms and the Intercontinental was just too expensive. We ended up staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It was comfortable but not much within walking distance with four kids in tow at night that we found that evening. The taxi ride wasn’t too long but definitely further than the IC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Look at hotels in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, etc.) with lots of local dining and nightlife nearby. Any downtown hotel will be close to POM - under $15 in a taxi or closer to $10 in an Uberx.

Last time we cruised out of Miami (July 2018), we stayed at the YVE Miami. It’s right across the street from Bayside Marketplace and a very short ride to the port. We had a fantastic 16th floor view of the port and we watched our ship come in right from our window.

The hotel has a trendy, modern vibe and they give you free drink vouchers to be used at the Biscayne Tavern located in the lobby.

The best thing was the rate: $99 which made me wonder if the place would be a dump but it was far from it. Would absolutely stay there again. d40565d129661d6d6c57bf130caea566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flying into Miami a day early (don't trust the New England weather in January). Staying at the Hilton Downtown Miami on Biscayne Bay. Looks like a nice hotel but what is nearby? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We stay at the Hilton Downtown. It's a place to stay pre-cruise. There's a couple of fast food places and a supermarket across the street (that's all we're looking for pre-cruise).