Names must match passport

RDDAILY

Hi, everyone! We are booked on the Carnival Magic in July 2019. I made the reservation through the Carnival website. Once I paid the deposit, it let me add the names of the other passengers in the cabin. It only asked for first and last name. My question is, I know that the names must match the names on the passports, and everyone in my family has their middle names on the passport. Is this something that I can add once I do the check in? I don't want to be charged later for a "name change"!! Thanks!

Our middle names are on our passports, but I don't think we've ever put them on the Carnival bookings. Pretty sure they are just looking at first/last names, so if you go by your middle name don't put that as your first name when you book, or if you get married and haven't changed your name on your passport then you should book using whatever name is on your passport.

Just went and looked at my bookings - no middle names. If they don't ask, I assume they don't need them.

First and last name... In case of hyphenated last name put the hyphenated last name without the hyphen, at least what will fit of it.

It may be possible to do that other ways, but this way will work for sure and is the way I do it each time.

If your first name is Joe, and you go by your middle name of Billy, be sure Joe is the name you is as a first name.

I got two people in my group, they have same first name, and last name, the only thing different is their middle name, my pvp didn't enter their middle name, so when we arrived, they send that 2 to guest services desk, to double check passport. (I send him middle name, first name and last name for every single in my group) none of our booking have middle name.

They don't really care about "middle" names (if you have one...I don't!)....it's your first and last name and birth info...that's all they care about.

yes you do.... its "at"

Lol!

Where's the "Like" button!

But yeah, lack of middle names seems like a weird gap in so-called security.

I have my middle initial on my passport. When I use it booking an airplane or cruise ticket, the middle initial gets added to my first name _ IOW, Robert becomes Roberta.

While laughable to me, this has never caused a problem with boarding a plane or ship, or with TSA or US CBP.

I have my middle initial on my passport. When I use it booking an airplane or cruise ticket, the middle initial gets added to my first name _ IOW, Robert becomes Roberta.

While laughable to me, this has never caused a problem with boarding a plane or ship, or with TSA or US CBP.

I have the reverse problem. I have a double first name, no middle name. There is always some clerk who decides my name is the first of the two names, second name is the middle initial.

On our first cruise, I had left off my wife's middle name. I was worried, and called the 1-800 number on the Carnival website. A nice lady fixed it right up and added the middle name for me. Everything can be fixed with calls and/or paperwork. Relax. Enjoy.

Just a supplement to this FYI. My daughter's name s Brianna and she goes by Bri. Carnival never has a problem with us booking it under Bri.

Just an FYI. You might want to start putting her legal name on documents. Bri is a nickname. I have a nickname. But I would never put it on any legal document. One day, you will have a problem, and it can be avoided by using her name.

Also, this is bad advice to say it never happened to you. It does happen where it creates issues.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I had to call Carnival for a price adjustment (saved $80, yaayy!!) and asked about this. They said the middle name was not necessary as long as the first and last name on the reservation matched the passport.

Just a supplement to this FYI. My daughter's name s Brianna and she goes by Bri. Carnival never has a problem with us booking it under Bri.

Carnival may never have a problem with someone using a nickname when boarding, true.

US Customs, on the other hand, when debarking, MAY.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I had to call Carnival for a price adjustment (saved $80, yaayy!!) and asked about this. They said the middle name was not necessary as long as the first and last name on the reservation matched the passport.

Good to hear, I could find nowhere to add middle names to match passport when I did online check in.

Just an FYI. You might want to start putting her legal name on documents. Bri is a nickname. I have a nickname. But I would never put it on any legal document. One day, you will have a problem, and it can be avoided by using her name.

Also, this is bad advice to say it never happened to you. It does happen where it creates issues.

Carnival probably corrects it at check in. It's not an issue until it is...

They just make sure the green light comes on when they scan your passport. :)

You know, I think I remember something. If the name is off and they scan the passport it will say "guest not found on manifest" and it will not check you in. They will have to correct it. Gregory does not equal Greg and he will have to have it corrected before allowed to check in. Birth certificate and DL will depend on the agent.