Where to find menu for the MDR for the entire cruise when boarding?

BIGADORF

We will be taking a 15 day Panama Cruise in March and want to find out what days if any we want to schedule Specialty Dining. Is there any way to see the entire MDR menu when we board to decide what days we want to book the Specialty restaurants?

Thank you:D

Not sure about your cruise, but we asked our room steward for a menu each evening. He was able to get them to our cabin by early morning each day. We were in a full suite on the CB.

Receiving the MDR menus the night before has been a suite perk for years

BUT

we have found that it can be a real tug of war to get them the past few years.

We've had good luck stopping at a specialty restaurant on embarkation day and they can at least tell you the name of the menu for each night in the MDR. They may actually be able to provide you with the details too.

Name of the menu is not of much use anymore. Many of the evenings the name is now "Princess Dinner" although the items on the menu change.

Name of the menu is not of much use anymore. Many of the evenings the name is now "Princess Dinner" although the items on the menu change.
You are correct. I believe that the only remaining “named” dinners are the Welcome and Gala dinners which are typically on formal nights, the Chef’s dinner, and Italian night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Although it's been a decade since our last cruise, system was so simple I doubt it's changed. On first day go to MDR and politely ask to see that cruise's menus. A three ring binder with a page for every dinner is available. Odds are it's the same from the last cruise, but if there is a change they simply replace or rearange one or two pages.

Although it's been a decade since our last cruise, system was so simple I doubt it's changed. On first day go to MDR and politely ask to see that cruise's menus. A three ring binder with a page for every dinner is available. Odds are it's the same from the last cruise, but if there is a change they simply replace or rearange one or two pages.

We asked a head waiter on embarkation day recently (Royal Princess). Our question was greeted with a sigh and a "best guess". No binder, no help. He seemed totally "put out" by the question. We had much better luck with our own waiter, but he still didn't know much more.

You are correct. I believe that the only remaining “named” dinners are the Welcome and Gala dinners which are typically on formal nights, the Chef’s dinner, and Italian night.

Mourn the passing of 'Landfill Diner'.

Also, if you have lunch in a main dining room on embarcation day, just

ask one of the head waiters there.

They are ready, as many people want to miss, or not miss particular nights.

Mourn the passing of 'Landfill Diner'.

Also, if you have lunch in a main dining room on embarcation day, just

ask one of the head waiters there.

They are ready, as many people want to miss, or not miss particular nights.

It seems to me that this is an opportunity to enhance Princess at Sea. Just make the menus available there. They are standard for each cruise for the most part. Minimally, put the daily lunch and dinner menus there. I would imagine it would save the wait staff some time.

It seems to me that this is an opportunity to enhance Princess at Sea. Just make the menus available there. They are standard for each cruise for the most part. Minimally, put the daily lunch and dinner menus there. I would imagine it would save the wait staff some time.
During the Wake Show on the Regal In 2014 on of the kitchen staff would have a short segment describing that evening’s entree items with examples. I really liked that. I do agree that with Princess@Sea they should provide menus for the cruise there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess does not want to give you too many opportunities to be able to stay in your cabin...some, of course, including room service (limited menu), hang tag breakfast..

but at the same time, Princess wants you out and about on the ship noticing more times to "enhance" your cruise experience...by spending money - aka, you have to get out of your room to view the menus..not in your room, via Princess@Sea

or even on the TV system, changing it each day.

The menu is usually posted outside the dining room.

Point a web cam at it, and put the link on Princess at Sea.

No one has any more worries about keeping it up to day, than they already do.