Should I be frustrated/Is it worth pursuing a resolution?

Grantl14

I will be on pins and needles hoping it works out for you. You have your whole adult life ahead of you, this wasn’t a great way to start it. You have kept a good attitude throughout, and I’ll bet you gave proud parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One thing seems pretty clear, OP -- just about all of us are rooting for you! (Having children your age, I personally would encourage them to stand up for themselves even more vociferously, but I appreciate what a polite and reasonable person you are.) HBD and enjoy your celebration . . . at Señor Frogs and elsewhere!

Update: Just received a call going over everything from executive office via the Michael Bayley email (thanks for that tip to whoever gave it). They said they were working on getting a resolution approved, but didn't want to let me in on the exact details yet because it is "pretty significant." Should be back in touch tomorrow!

Good luck to you, really hope everything works out. Save everything, document everything, print it out. I would go as far as periodically email yourself with narratives of the situation, resolution, and any applicable documentation. This way you'll have the time-stamp from the email server on your docs. Let us know how it goes :D

One thing seems pretty clear, OP -- just about all of us are rooting for you! (Having children your age, I personally would encourage them to stand up for themselves even more vociferously, but I appreciate what a polite and reasonable person you are.) HBD and enjoy your celebration . . . at Señor Frogs and elsewhere!

Absolutely! One of our sons just had his Amazon account hacked and someone charged close to $600 in gift cards on it which were debited from his bank account. He was just going to shrug it off (SMH) and I said the heck you will, you need to dispute this with the bank and get your money back. He wasn't aware that you could do that.

OP, I hope that Royal does the right thing for you.

Good luck!

You might not be able to post the final results and that would be a good thing (on your part). They just don't want to give others the ability to say "well, you did so and so for this poster"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If it's the right thing to do they should do it for everyone regardless. And saying "you did it for so and so" holds no water if it's not the right thing to do.

One thing seems pretty clear, OP -- just about all of us are rooting for you!

And that doesnt happen a lot here in threads like this :) The OP is totally in the right. RC is totally in the wrong. I applaud the OP for his attitude over it and hope RC takes that into consideration. I hope to read about a satisfactory resolution to this one soon today :)

Thanks, shot him an email in hopes, but if this fails wil probably be my last try. I did include our status, and that we have occupied the presidential suite on oasis and allure, not at all for snooty reasons, really to show we aren’t just trying to get money back and mess with Royal, I really do think we are pretty loyal customers who have spent a good amount of money and time with these guys.

Sorry if this is off topic but you mentioned the presidential suite on Oasis and Allure. Where is it located, I would love to check it out. Thanks!

Sorry if this is off topic but you mentioned the presidential suite on Oasis and Allure. Where is it located, I would love to check it out. Thanks!
I think it's gone on the Oasis. Not sure about Allure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll look again. I saw it on Harmony but not on Oasis and Allure.

For some reason what I’m seeing in a quick search it can’t be booked online for oasis, I know I’ve seen it pop up a few times when I was doing my original searches, but it would always say it wasn’t available.

It’s not gone, it’s just called a four bedroom villa suite now.

On the Allure they split the presidential suite into 2 two bedroom grand suites. I think they did the same thing on the Oasis. These particular cabins are on deck 12 and still have hot tubs on the deck. I have stayed in one.

Update: Just received a call going over everything from executive office via the Michael Bayley email (thanks for that tip to whoever gave it). They said they were working on getting a resolution approved, but didn't want to let me in on the exact details yet because it is "pretty significant." Should be back in touch tomorrow!

Good luck! Hope it all turns out well :)

On the Allure they split the presidential suite into 2 two bedroom grand suites. I think they did the same thing on the Oasis. These particular cabins are on deck 12 and still have hot tubs on the deck. I have stayed in one.

Thanks. I was really hoping to find the 4 bedroom suite.

For some reason what I’m seeing in a quick search it can’t be booked online for oasis, I know I’ve seen it pop up a few times when I was doing my original searches, but it would always say it wasn’t available.

Because it doesn't exist anymore. They split them into two 2 bedroom grands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I read only one has the hot tub

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Update: Just got our call, so the original two guests on the room were price protected and moved back down to their original rate, and the other two guests new added were given 25% off, bringing our new balance to around $700 instead of $1200. We also were given $200 onboard credit and 2 bottles of champagne per room. Much better than just being told "sorry." Thanks for the support everyone, we are so excited for this trip!

Update: Just got our call, so the original two guests on the room were price protected and moved back down to their original rate, and the other two guests new added were given 25% off, bringing our new balance to around $700 instead of $1200. We also were given $200 onboard credit and 2 bottles of champagne per room. Much better than just being told "sorry." Thanks for the support everyone, we are so excited for this trip!

That is fantastic! Congratulations to you and to RCI. Well done.