Bizarre question alert! Can a friend bring her own beach chair for the solarium?

In spite of what all the funny people are saying to you, yes you can do this.

Look at my avatar: it's our folding chairs off the back of a Princess ship in Moorea, in the shade, where there are loungers but no chairs.

Be sure to get the kind with the carrying bag and shoulder strap. We took them with us on shore to the beaches, too. Always had a place to sit in the shade.

:cool:

I've brought a sport brella beach chair with me on some cruises for use on beaches that I knew didn't have chairs for rent. I've been on Anthem many, many times and there is so where to put your own chair on the ship. The lounge chairs are so packed together you have to climb on them from the front. There is no space in between at all.

Yeah I know very bizarre. She is aware that it can be difficult to get a seat in Solarium especially on sea days out of Bayonne on Anthem. She said that she is going to bring her own little beach chair so she know she has a spot. Do they even allow such a thing?:o:confused::eek:

This is where your friend asking herself, 'what if everyone did it?' will provide the (apparently not so) common sense answer.

yes you can do this.

Look at my avatar: it's our folding chairs off the back of a Princess ship in Moorea, in the shade, where there are loungers but no chairs.

But have you successfully found space for your chair in a packed solarium, as the OP's friend intends?

I don't have a problem with what a person brings, but I've never had a problem finding a lounger in the Solarium on Allure or Oasis. It's true that it's more difficult to find one of those comfy sofa chairs, but there's always plenty of loungers. I haven't been on Anthem so maybe that ship has an issue??

Maybe not these big girls, however, I was on the Grandeur when there were no chairs anywhere on the top decks and solarium. There were people that put the beach towel directly on the deck on the deck above the pool. [would have gotten stepped on the pool deck]

I don't have a problem with what a person brings, but I've never had a problem finding a lounger in the Solarium on Allure or Oasis. It's true that it's more difficult to find one of those comfy sofa chairs, but there's always plenty of loungers. I haven't been on Anthem so maybe that ship has an issue??

Just got of B2B on Oasis and empty pool chairs were plentiful-every day. Lots of empty chairs in solarium and everywhere else except around the pool that looks like the beach.

M

Maybe not these big girls, however, I was on the Grandeur when there were no chairs anywhere on the top decks and solarium. There were people that put the beach towel directly on the deck on the deck above the pool. [would have gotten stepped on the pool deck]

Not saying I advocate chairs.

Your joking about some of that, but some may remember years ago there was someone on here that actually wanted to bring own chairs & small grill, a camping set, for their Balcony... Not a Grill but over the yrs have seen lots of umbrella beach chairs bought on cruises to take off ship. Use to be many Golf Clubs also, not so much anymore. I miss the days of Skeet Shooting and Golfing off back of the Majesty...

I recall the days when the only activities on cruise ships were skeet shooting ,shuffleboard and use of the pool . No balconies ,no fitness center .All cabins had portholes .

However the food was amazing and the nightly entertainment was excellent.