Bizarre question alert! Can a friend bring her own beach chair for the solarium?

Yeah I know very bizarre. She is aware that it can be difficult to get a seat in Solarium especially on sea days out of Bayonne on Anthem. She said that she is going to bring her own little beach chair so she know she has a spot. Do they even allow such a thing?:o:confused::eek:

Edited by irisheileen

Sure. She may also want to bring an umbrella, small BBQ grill and a boombox. Just set up like it's a beach.

Your joking about some of that, but some may remember years ago there was someone on here that actually wanted to bring own chairs & small grill, a camping set, for their Balcony... Not a Grill but over the yrs have seen lots of umbrella beach chairs bought on cruises to take off ship. Use to be many Golf Clubs also, not so much anymore. I miss the days of Skeet Shooting and Golfing off back of the Majesty...

Our neighbors had a boom box that they played on their balcony on the EN - first time I had that experience:cool:

They still make Boom Boxes? Assumed all used small electronics for music now. I remember almost 40yrs ago I'd bring my Boom Box to school and we'd listen to Pink Floyd while playing Euchre during Study Hall. Though I'd never tell my Kids/Grand Kids, they assume Papa had good study habits...

They still make Boom Boxes? Assumed all used small electronics for music now. I remember almost 40yrs ago I'd bring my Boom Box to school and we'd listen to Pink Floyd while playing Euchre during Study Hall. Though I'd never tell my Kids/Grand Kids, they assume Papa had good study habits...

They still have boom boxes. They're a little smaller than you might be used to. ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_JosCXyLwnUZcVuu7u2K6vCRLoMQZVPgQa73-xmUuQ7x3hFYecg

But they can get surprisingly loud.

Yeah I know very bizarre. She is aware that it can be difficult to get a seat in Solarium especially on sea days out of Bayonne on Anthem. She said that she is going to bring her own little beach chair so she know she has a spot. Do they even allow such a thing?:o:confused::eek:

I hope the other 4000 passengers bring their furniture too! (y)

In spite of what all the funny people are saying to you, yes you can do this.

Look at my avatar: it's our folding chairs off the back of a Princess ship in Moorea, in the shade, where there are loungers but no chairs.

Be sure to get the kind with the carrying bag and shoulder strap. We took them with us on shore to the beaches, too. Always had a place to sit in the shade.

I never ceases to be amazed at the bizarre things people feel they need to do/bring along on a cruise[emoji3][emoji75]

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Well, if you are accustomed to people in wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters, why should a folding soft chair be an issue? People with back issues (like my husband and I) cannot sit in/on the loungers and deck chairs for very long. A soft folding chair allows us to sit for longer periods periods on deck and on shore.

Also, being fair skinned and a magnet for skin cancer, it's nice to be able to go to the beach and have a place to sit in the shade.

Well, if you are accustomed to people in wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters, why should a folding soft chair be an issue? People with back issues (like my husband and I) cannot sit in/on the loungers and deck chairs for very long. A soft folding chair allows us to sit for longer periods periods on deck and on shore.

Also, being fair skinned and a magnet for skin cancer, it's nice to be able to go to the beach and have a place to sit in the shade.

Not an issue with me. Sorry if I offended.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

I don't have a problem with what a person brings, but I've never had a problem finding a lounger in the Solarium on Allure or Oasis. It's true that it's more difficult to find one of those comfy sofa chairs, but there's always plenty of loungers. I haven't been on Anthem so maybe that ship has an issue??