Can I sit at LAX airport from midnight till 9am when my cruise starts boarding?

fstuff1

solo cruise: 8day Bliss Oct 5

cheapest flight ($315) arrives at LAX oct 5 12:25am.

2nd cheapest (+$60) arrives at 8:30am.

my plan:

sleep at airport then at 9am take uber/taxi to cruise port.

Can i sleep/stay at airport from 12:25am - 9am?

Edit:

i have carry on luggage so all is with me

Edited by fstuff1

I am sure you can STAY at the airport. If you can SLEEP at the airport is a different question. There probably won't be a comfortable place to lay down, and you may have security concerns about your luggage while sleeping. And if you check luggage you'll have to leave the terminal area to get your luggage and then stay in whatever area is on that side of security.

Even spending a few hours at an airport due to a delayed flight is uncomfortable, there is no way I would try to sleep in an airport. I think we all try to save as much as we can on flights, but saving less than $100 and having to trying to sleep in the airport wouldn't be something I'd attempt or even think about.

You might want to look at other LA area airports too. Long Beach airport is only a few miles from the cruise port.

HERE IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO STAYING AT THE AIRPORT......

If it were me...I would go outside the terminal to the "Hotel" courtesy shuttle stop and wait for the Hilton LAX free shuttle. Get on and go to the very nice Hilton LAX Hotel lobby. Very large with nice chairs, restrooms and a 24 hour food choice...see below! Then when you are ready to go to the port, call Uber/Lyft and they pick you up in the Hilton Portico right in front of the lobby.

$60 savings is still $60 to use for food and Uber:D

We use Hilton LAX all the time...it is very close to the airport.

THE BISTRO

The Bistro offers 24-hour casual dining, and proudly brews Starbucks Coffees® and specialty drinks. We feature to-go items any time of day. Selections include breakfast pastries, light meals, sandwiches, salads and pizzas. Seating area features four large flat screen TV's with international programming. The Bistro is open 24 hours a day.

Edited by jvsnana

As others have said, LAX is a busy airport that runs 24/7, and you can find a chair or spot on the floor to crash.

But with that said, do you really want to sabotage your vacation, for which you are most likely spending hard earned thousands of dollars, by willingly sleeping at an airport terminal for the sake of saving $60?

You may save $60, but you will most likely affect the enjoyment of your vacation considerably, at least during the first 24 hours until your body recovers from what you did to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with what others have said about it not being worth saving $60 but to me, it would also depend on the length of the flight to get to LAX. If it's a longer flight to get there, would you rather spend the better part of the night cramped trying to sleep on the airplane (8:30 am arrival) or perhaps try to find something more comfortable at/near LAX to catch a few hours sleep (12:25 am arrival)? The Hilton LAX lobby sounds like the way to go if that is the case.

my plan:

Edit:

Stay in a hotel.

my plan:

Edit:

Wow! You’re willing to accept eight hours of misery to save yourself 60 bucks? My sister and I had a seven hour layover in I believe it was Germany on the way to Italy and we had to spend the night with all of our luggage in the airport for that seven hours! I decided at that time that never again in my lifetime would I spend the night in an airport!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having encountered similar situations on unavoidably long, late layovers between flights, we generally try to get lounge passes. Airport lounges are much more secure and comfortable than trying to sleep in the gate areas. Most lounges will feature reclining chairs that are very comfortable. Most feature complementary food and beverages and some even offer showers. Nearly every major airline flying through LAX has a lounge or at least offers access (for a fee) to a lounge. Depending on the location some close at 10 pm or midnight while others are open 24-7. Passes can be purchased on-line through the airline or from Ebay. Prices will range from $10 to $60 depending on the lounge and the expiration date. Good luck!

HERE IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO STAYING AT THE AIRPORT......

If it were me...I would go outside the terminal to the "Hotel" courtesy shuttle stop and wait for the Hilton LAX free shuttle. Get on and go to the very nice Hilton LAX Hotel lobby. Very large with nice chairs, restrooms and a 24 hour food choice...see below! Then when you are ready to go to the port, call Uber/Lyft and they pick you up in the Hilton Portico right in front of the lobby.

$60 savings is still $60 to use for food and Uber:D

We use Hilton LAX all the time...it is very close to the airport.

You've used the Hilton LAX lobby for this purpose? Sleeping overnight?

I wouldn't think the staff at the Hilton LAX would approve of or allow people to just come sleep in their lobby.

Last December due to ice storms in Atlanta, our flights were cancelled the day before and we would not make our cruise the next day. Drove to O'Hare from Michigan at 10PM to get a 7AM flight and slept in the airport. If you call it sleep. Had to hang out by the ticket counters as security was not open. chairs were limited, cleaning people were all around, and had to put feet on luggage to keep safe. We did not sleep a wink. It's not worth the $60.