Luggage Shipping

Moosemellows

I think the first question is why do you want to do this? If reliability is a concern, I would much rather have my bags flying with me than being handled by a freight company. And if you have physical issues moving bags, the cost of porters at airports and hotels would be much less than a luggage company. Even a shuttle/limo company would help you in moving the bags.

If the reason is you just don't want the bother of dealing with them, then have your people deal with it, like they do for other things.

Why waste your time and money. Most cruise lines will not accept luggage hipped that way, so you are going to have to find someplace to take it and hold it until you arrive to pick it up.

??? Not sure where you received that information. Luggage Forward, and Luggage Free are both used commonly on most Cruiselines for their world cruises, and are commonly used by others for cruises worldwide.

To TS (OP), you can google both using the search argument of ship luggage to cruise. We have never shipped our luggage, but searching on CC, there are quite a few threads on the World Cruise Forum, as well as this one, on luggage shipping mechanisms.

Thanks! I’ve been doing the research and found there to be several luggage shipping companies as well. I am going to use one and was just looking for a recommendation. I didn’t realize it could be controversial.

We have used Luggage Free and our bags were delivered to our cabin as promised. We traveled by train cross country for an Alaskan cruise and did not want to handle the luggage needed for our warmer clothing as we changed trains several times. We were very happy with their service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great, thanks! This is the answer I’ve been looking for. I’ll give them a call. I appreciate your help.

We have used Luggage Forward many times, sending our luggage both inside and outside the U.S. We have never had any problems with them. You give your bags to the shipping company that comes to pick them up at your home and see them next in your cruise ship cabin (or you can have them delivered to a hotel). On the way home, you hand the bags off to their representative as soon as you clear customs, and they are delivered to your home at a mutually decided time. You know where your bags are at all times.

I really see no need to justify why I want to do it. I am simply asking if anyone has. Feel free to do whatever you like as will I.

Not asking for any justification. Nor do I want the answer.

The reason for my post was so that YOU know why you are doing something and can make a rational evaluation. Personally, I don't give a whit what you do or why. I just want people to think logically and make informed decisions.

We have used Luggage Forward many times, sending our luggage both inside and outside the U.S. We have never had any problems with them. You give your bags to the shipping company that comes to pick them up at your home and see them next in your cruise ship cabin (or you can have them delivered to a hotel). On the way home, you hand the bags off to their representative as soon as you clear customs, and they are delivered to your home at a mutually decided time. You know where your bags are at all times.

That is most helpful. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

That is most helpful. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We have to add that one of the biggest reasons we ship our luggage is that we aren't getting any younger, and it is great to just get up out of your airplane seat and walk straight out of the airport. No baggage claim areas to wait in, no looking for porters, nothing to haul anywhere. The freedom is priceless (and our bodies love it too). Some things are just worth the money.

We have to add that one of the biggest reasons we ship our luggage is that we aren't getting any younger, and it is great to just get up out of your airplane seat and walk straight out of the airport. No baggage claim areas to wait in, no looking for porters, nothing to haul anywhere. The freedom is priceless (and our bodies love it too). Some things are just worth the money.

That is exactly the reason we are looking into shipping our luggage. We are going from airline to hotel to train to hotel to ship and neither one of us want to drag around a month’s worth of clothes. Thanks again.

Has anyone had experience shipping luggage directly to your cruise ship? If so, was it good, bad, indifferent? And, if you recommend it what company did you use?

This would be similiar to people shipping luggage to Fla which seems to be a trending thing .