Do all Carnival Ships have that same sort of party/laid back atmosphere?

HarryKane

Good morning/Afternoon folks,

I’m looking to book a 7 or 8 day cruise next year for my wife and 8-year old daughter and just wanted to know if all Carnival cruises have the same type of ‘party atmosphere’ as the carnival magic does? We last cruised on carnival magic back in November 2016 out of port Canaveral and we loved it, it was amazing. We really enjoyed the deck parties and the music/dancing that was constantly going on around the deck, it was great. The food and activities we found were great. My question is are all carnival cruise ships like that? My only other experience cruising was the crown princess about 10 years ago but I preferred the laid back atmosphere of the carnival magic.

It might sound strange to you guys but we really enjoyed being some ofthe only English guests onboard (there wasn’t many of us which we loved) as wereally enjoy meeting people from all over America.

Ive been looking at flying to Houston and trying the new carnivalvista – that ship looks great!

Another question is should we book now or hold off a couple of weeksbefore the cruise and hope to get a good deal?

Thanks guys!

I have been on the Magic and Sunshine for both Carnival and they both have that same feel you described. I have been on the Magic twice and both times it was that way. We’re going on the Carnival in April for our honeymoon. Also personally I would book as soon as you can because if you wait you run into the chance that it might be sold out, they type or room you want, or the whole ship. Plus the earlier you book the better chance you get at the time of dinning you want. We’re doing anytime dinning since it’s just me and my will be them husband. Have fun sailing and a wonderful trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed Vista and had a great cruise. Plenty to do for all. If you want a specific Cabin/ location book now.

Yes Vista has a party atmosphere, but you can find a little more quiet location (Aft pool or Serenity).

Serenity is 21 and over , so your daughter would be excluded.

Yes, that is why they are called the "Fun Ships"

I try to book early so I can choose my cabin location, dining times, etc. I use early saver rates and typically end up saving additional money after the booking. I check regularly and call Carnival if I find a better rate.

I also check what amenities the ship offers and ensure it has what we want. This is not a show stopper, but if I have options it may help me choose. I have yet to sail on the same ship, and all have been great. I have not been on a single Carnival ship and thought "I'd rather be at work right now," never happened.

YMMV, but this is my two cents worth of free advice.

Yes, Carnival is pretty laid back across the board. This is one of the things we really like & we find the staff to be friendlier than Princess. As far as booking, I wouldn't wait too long if you are particular about your cabin. We are booked on Vista for May 2019. Our Lido cabins have been booked since they were first opened up for bookings. Our friends decided to hop on the cruise as well & they were unable to get a balcony on Lido, but did manage to get one on the deck above us. So far, the pricing has just increased since we booked, but I am always checking for price drops. It seems like there are fewer & fewer these days, at least for the sailings & cabins I have booked.

The ships all run the same type of parties and events, depending on the length of the cruise. So the experience from one ship to another is pretty consistent, at least with regard to what is offered. You will see small differences between the cruises, depending on the passenger demographic; older cruises tend to draw an older crowd and shorter cruises are more like to have party groups like girls trips, bridal showers and long weekend friend getaways. And short of looking at the length of the cruise and time of year (spring break, Christmas etc will draw more families) you can never predict the actual vibe of an individual cruise.

All good info - thanks guys!

Another question. Say for example I book an inside cruise right now for $500 per person but when I look a couple of months afterwards I can get a ocean view or balcony cabin for $600, could I simply call carnival and pay the additional $100 and change my reservation to a better type of room?

I know they have a 48-hour 'best price guarantee' but if I found a balcony cabin to be only a few dollars more a couple of months after booking I would want to upgrade to one and pay the extra!

Another question is should we book now or hold off a couple of weeksbefore the cruise and hope to get a good deal?

!

the earlier you book the better the deal. you are price protected through final payment so if the price comes down you are entitled to that. BUT you have to be pro active in looking at the cruise fare.

In 30 cruises only two has ever come down in price

The Party atmosphere tends to be more on the 3 day cruises. The laid back feel tends to increase as the cruise days increase.

You can always find a great deal on cruises. They need to fill the rooms. Just subscribe to websites and keep your finger on the pulse.

Believe it or not, I took my family on a 7 day Spendor for 800 bucks. Balcony 3 people.

Have fun.

the earlier you book the better the deal. you are price protected through final payment so if the price comes down you are entitled to that. BUT you have to be pro active in looking at the cruise fare.

In 30 cruises only two has ever come down in price

Hi there,

I thought you only have 48 hours after booking to find a 'better' deal? Unless do you mean you are protected until you have paid the final amount? So it's maybe best to just stick a deposit down at the moment?

Carnival site says

• You'll have 48 hours from the time you book to find a lower price.
  • Carnival will give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit.
  • Lowest Price Guarantee only applies to publicly available rates

All good info - thanks guys!

Another question. Say for example I book an inside cruise right now for $500 per person but when I look a couple of months afterwards I can get a ocean view or balcony cabin for $600, could I simply call carnival and pay the additional $100 and change my reservation to a better type of room?

I know they have a 48-hour 'best price guarantee' but if I found a balcony cabin to be only a few dollars more a couple of months after booking I would want to upgrade to one and pay the extra!

I know you can upgrade without penalty, by paying the new rate, if you are booked under Early Saver or Past Guest.

However, if your original booking even under these rates, included a special promotion, such as OBC or reduced deposit, you will lose those

benefits, UNLESS they are also offered under the new rate.

If you originally booked with a reduced deposit you will need to pay the full deposit required under the new rate or risk having your cruise cancelled.

Just be sure to ask the right questions before upgrading.

I know you can upgrade without penalty, by paying the new rate, if you are booked under Early Saver or Past Guest.

However, if your original booking even under these rates, included a special promotion, such as OBC or reduced deposit, you will lose those

benefits, UNLESS they are also offered under the new rate.

If you originally booked with a reduced deposit you will need to pay the full deposit required under the new rate or risk having your cruise cancelled.

Just be sure to ask the right questions before upgrading.

Thanks for this info.

So just to be clear-

Right now for example i can book an inside for $550 or a balcony for $850.

If I book now on a ‘early saver’ and then in maybe two months or so down the line I look at the prices and the balcony cabin is then $650 I can simply call carnival and pay the additional $100 to upgrade to a balcony cabin?

But I’ll lose any OBC deals that were on at the time right?

Thanks for this info.

So just to be clear-

If I book now on a ‘early saver’ and then in maybe two months or so down the line I look at the prices and the balcony cabin is then $650 I can simply call carnival and pay the additional $100 to upgrade to a balcony cabin?

Yes to upgrading, the obc would only carry if it is still offered. My advice is use an expert and they will do all the work for no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this info.

So just to be clear-

That is correct, however ...

I sincerely doubt you will find that to be the case. You will more likely find the price for all cabin categories has increased.

You will be happy with your booked price, and you will be disappointed if you were hoping to upgrade.

I book what I want as early as possible.

The only Carnival ship I've been on that didn't have the awesome deck parties like the Magic was the Conquest. The layout makes it seem so small, you can't do much outside on lido.

I’m so glad you mentioned that because I have literally just been looking at a conquest cruise out of Miami so might avoid this ship if the deck parties ain’t as good!!

The pictures of the lido deck do appear smaller like you mention. Reviews of the conquest seem great though.

Ahh decisions!

Ahh ok, gotcha.

I always assumed travel agents take a cut though so booking direct cuts out the TA. I used travel agents years ago but stopped doing so when the internet came along! 😆

You and half the world. That said, they know the answers to your question and also can assist with pre and post (which a PVP cannot). It costs you zero to get the answers to all your questions. They will also know of any last minute deals that you could take advantage of.

You and half the world. That said, they know the answers to your question and also can assist with pre and post (which a PVP cannot). It costs you zero to get the answers to all your questions. They will also know of any last minute deals that you could take advantage of.

Appreciate that, thanks buddy.

Yes Carnival is the fun ship!

No, don't wait! I like to book 6 months to 18 months in advance. For me a big piece of the fun is planning and researching.

As far as a travel agent, I've also only booked online and found all the answers to my questions out here on Cruise Critic!