Freedom - Suite lounge or Concierge Club?

Does anyone know if Freedom currently has a Suite lounge or a concierge club? The Freedom overview page on RCL is showing a Suite Lounge as one of the things to do. Yet the deck plans still show a Concierge club. thanks.

As of today (11-SEP-2018), there is a Concierge Lounge.

• 3 months later...

We are on Freedom in  February 2019 in an Owners Suite.  I am completely confused about the lounges.  As OP stated, Freedom overview shows a Suite Lounge.  Deck plans show Viking Crown Lounge and Diamond Club in Deck 14, and Concierge Lounge on Deck 10.  

We are currently Emerald (working hard on that Diamond status, and I think we will be there as of Oct 2019 sailing on Jewel) but it's a little maddening trying to figure this all out.  Can someone clarify the difference between the three please?  Thanks and Merry Christmas all!

8 minutes ago, rich_cathybrock said:

We are on Freedom in  February 2019 in an Owners Suite.  I am completely confused about the lounges.  As OP stated, Freedom overview shows a Suite Lounge.  Deck plans show Viking Crown Lounge and Diamond Club in Deck 14, and Concierge Lounge on Deck 10.  

We are currently Emerald (working hard on that Diamond status, and I think we will be there as of Oct 2019 sailing on Jewel) but it's a little maddening trying to figure this all out.  Can someone clarify the difference between the three please?  Thanks and Merry Christmas all!

The main difference is who is allowed:

Diamond Lounge: Diamond level and above C&A members

Concierge Lounge:  Full suite (GS and better) guests and Diamond Plus level and above C&A members.

Suite Lounge: Full suite guests and Pinnacle level C&A members.

Offerings in the lounges are the same, except the Suite Lounge on Oasis class ships adds soda, bottled water, and selected beers/wines from 11am to 11pm.

The suite lounge is open to suite guests and pinnacle members.

The concierge lounge is open to suite guests, diamond plus and pinnacle members.

My experience is there is either a suite or a concierge lounge.

The diamond lounge is open diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle members.

I don't think there is any significant difference to the diamond and concierge lounges.

5 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

The diamond lounge is open diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle members.

I don't think there is any significant difference to the diamond and concierge lounges.

But there is, Diamond are not allowed in the Concierge Lounge as you stated above.

The Viking Crown Lounge, where it still exists, is generally open to everyone.  On several ships, part of the Viking Crown Lounge has been walled off to form the Diamond Lounge.  When there are a lot of Diamond and higher cruisers on board, the Viking Crown Lounge may be closed to the public during happy hour and used as an overflow area for the Diamond Lounge.  On Oasis Class ships, the Viking Lounge has been completely replaced by the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen...a dining area reserved for those who can enter the Suite Lounge (see above).

We enjoyed the Diamond lounge more than the suite lounge on the Explorer.

Loved the vast view the Diamond lounge has to offer--- the windows,  and the larger service area for foodies.

Suite lounge was the usual crowded area with 2 warmer pans and a small table of foodies.

Sea Ya

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We enjoyed the Diamond lounge more than the suite lounge on the Explorer.

Loved the vast view the Diamond lounge has to offer--- the windows,  and the larger service area for foodies.

Suite lounge was the usual crowded area with 2 warmer pans and a small table of foodies.

Sea Ya

That's because EX has a Concierge Lounge not a suite lounge if I'm remembering correctly.

34 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

That's because EX has a Concierge Lounge not a suite lounge if I'm remembering correctly.

Correct, Royal has not yet moved the D/D+ guests to the Connoisseur Club on Explorer.

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Correct..............Diamond lounges are over crowded.

I'd say that's usually true.  I was just on the Anthem and there was always seating in the diamond lounge when there was none in the concierge lounge.  Generally I think the lounges are over crowded and I tend to just get free drinks at a bar and avoid them.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:51 PM, micruiser2002 said:

Does anyone know if Freedom currently has a Suite lounge or a concierge club? The Freedom overview page on RCL is showing a Suite Lounge as one of the things to do. Yet the deck plans still show a Concierge club. thanks.

Just off Freedom in September (B2B) and there was a CL & DL. We enjoyed the DL (deck #14) much more...larger room with a view and outside seating. The CL (deck # 10) small inside room no view. Our SeaPass worked to enter either lounge as we were D+ but had only booked a JS category. At times when the DL was crowded we easily got our drinks and snacks and sat out in the Olive or Twist with the great views...our great server (which we had on both legs) in the DL even came out to check on us a few times when we did. 

9 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I'd say that's usually true.  I was just on the Anthem and there was always seating in the diamond lounge when there was none in the concierge lounge.  Generally I think the lounges are over crowded and I tend to just get free drinks at a bar and avoid them.

It was just the opposite when I was on Anthem. One night @ 7:30 we were the only ones there.

Appreciate the feedback, and frankly a little disappointed to hear the SL is so crowded, especially on the Freedom which is already overcrowded elsewhere based on the recent refurb to add the new staterooms.

I will wait to see and will report back after February, but if this perk is no perk at all, that would be a shame, and I will be asking the Concierge for access to the DL so we can receive what we paid for if I find that to be the case.  HAL and other lines always have ample space for passengers in their Suite Lounges.  

We don't even drink, but do enjoy the occasional canape and of course, the espresso, as well as the Concierge from time to time.

I am growing increasingly frustrated with what feels like the endless upsell with little benefit, and hope this will not be the case.  Thanks, all, for the help, as always! 

I think the reason why the lounge is (or perhaps may be) over crowded is that 1) the Freedom does not have a suite lounge and 2) Royal allows non suite guests to use the facilities.  Depending on those numbers it can be difficult to accommodate them and the suite guests.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rich_cathybrock said:

Appreciate the feedback, and frankly a little disappointed to hear the SL is so crowded, especially on the Freedom which is already overcrowded elsewhere based on the recent refurb to add the new staterooms.

When exactly was Freedom recently refurbished?  Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

I think the reason why the lounge is (or perhaps may be) over crowded is that 1) the Freedom does not have a suite lounge and 2) Royal allows non suite guests to use the facilities.  Depending on those numbers it can be difficult to accommodate them and the suite guests.

Yes, however Royal says it has a Suite lounge on their website and that is misleading. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/freedom-of-the-seas/things-to-do/suite-lounge