Frustrated with final payment...

ma23peas

I am an agent at a brick and mortar agency and when I make a payment it takes about 1/2 a second to post. Within a minute I have an invoice from Royal showing balance due zero.

I have no idea why it should take someone 48 hours for a payment to show up, unless they are a huge agency and have to forward the payment to their accounting department or some other place.

Yeah. This.

Five minutes before they closed, an agent called and literally ran my payment through in seconds. I received confirmation on my email shortly thereafter. Whew...just happy I called and caught that they had not set it to pay before the 17th...just sent my cc info to my agent who is out of town and can't access that information. Crisis averted...likely never using an agent again. Let's hope RC gets their information correct between all agents. I really, really do not like depending on other people to secure my booking I worked so hard to nurse these past 8 weeks.

Five minutes before they closed, an agent called and literally ran my payment through in seconds. I received confirmation on my email shortly thereafter. Whew...just happy I called and caught that they had not set it to pay before the 17th...just sent my cc info to my agent who is out of town and can't access that information. Crisis averted...likely never using an agent again. Let's hope RC gets their information correct between all agents. I really, really do not like depending on other people to secure my booking I worked so hard to nurse these past 8 weeks.

Great. Now you can spend the next 3 months in happy anticipation of a wonderful cruise! :)

Thanks for the update!!!

I use a local TA and if my TA is out of the office, any of her associates will handle the payment and call it into the cruise line that same day. I also have my TA call into the cruise line to make final a month before the date listed on my Invoice. I would never wait until the exact day or few days before. I am sent an updated Invoice that same day or no later then the following day. Happy to hear you were able to get your payment processed, enjoy your cruise. :)

I’m so glad you got this sorted out and can now enjoy your vacation!

I’m curious what incorrect information RCI gave you, that made you initially seek out a TA?

We wanted two cabins on deck 12. At the time I booked they told me only the Panoramic was available but availability would change a lot to keep calling back so we could move our three kids from deck ten to an inside on deck 12. I would check weekly, I saw balconies and other panoramic rooms open up, but I kept checking for an inside. I would even call back and ask them to check..each one said, none available now- but keep checking.After about 4 weeks, I began searching for pics of those inside cabins and noticed they only had a chair, no couch. I called to ask how it could fit three, they said a pull down, but the more I checked- the more I confirmed they can only fit 2. If that were the case, I wasted 5 weeks of availability searches. I found an inside that popped up and wanted to move 3 into our panoramic and 2 into the inside. But, they had put us in a panoramic that only held two- even though they told me they all accommodated 3-4. Those that fit 3-4 had popped up several times but I didn’t think I needed them. So, long story short...I could have had us all on the same floor had they just given me accurate information from the get go. We went ahead and snagged a balcony that will hold 3/4 in case one of those insides open up again. I was just amazed how many told me the wrong information consistently.

The very simplest stuff should be so very easy to handle in the reservation system, like the number of people a room can actually sleep because of it physically has installed.

Of course Royal Caribbean can't manage to deal with rooms or suites that sleep more than 4 at all online.

You'd think this was some rinky dink sea skipper chartering out the S.S. Minnow. Though he probably would know how many it could sleep.

The very simplest stuff should be so very easy to handle in the reservation system, like the number of people a room can actually sleep because of it physically has installed.

Unfortunately it is not that simple. A ship has beds for more passengers than it "legally" carry. So, just because a cabin can sleep four, doesn't mean that a booking for four passengers can be accepted.

Unfortunately it is not that simple. A ship has beds for more passengers than it "legally" carry. So, just because a cabin can sleep four, doesn't mean that a booking for four passengers can be accepted.

I am fine with that glitch, but telling me you can fit 3 in a cabin that only fits 2 on any day and then telling me 3-4 could fit in my room, but there ARE 4 staterooms that only fit 2 and they put me in one. This sailing will have quite a bit of availability because it’s historically a low sailing date, but the least they can do is give accurate information.

So now your telling me computers can't keep count, and can't use algorithms to determine when to permit sections (i.e., assembly station/lifeboat assignment/etc) to utilize 3rd/4th/additional berths?

This is not rocket science. This is little more than typical scheduling issues any number of different industries faces regularly, and manages to actually accommodate. Frankly that they do may be doing it all by hand makes me worry much, much more.

I am fine with that glitch, but telling me you can fit 3 in a cabin that only fits 2 on any day and then telling me 3-4 could fit in my room, but there ARE 4 staterooms that only fit 2 and they put me in one. This sailing will have quite a bit of availability because it’s historically a low sailing date, but the least they can do is give accurate information.

I agree, one would think that giving out accurate information would be a no brainer. Sadly RCI like so many companies these days does not consider it that important for the bottom line.

...likely never using an agent again. Let's hope RC gets their information correct between all agents. I really, really do not like depending on other people to secure my booking I worked so hard to nurse these past 8 weeks.

Not all agents are like that.

Ours requires final payment 10 days before Royal's deadline.

Emails, and if no response, calls me to get things set up.

This has come up before here on CC.

They have changed some cabins from 2 to 3. So photos from before, may not be what is NOW.

So now your telling me computers can't keep count, and can't use algorithms to determine when to permit sections (i.e., assembly station/lifeboat assignment/etc) to utilize 3rd/4th/additional berths?

This is not rocket science. This is little more than typical scheduling issues any number of different industries faces regularly, and manages to actually accommodate. Frankly that they do may be doing it all by hand makes me worry much, much more.

No it isn't.

And no, RCI does not do a good job at this. Yes, a GOOD website and reservation system could handle this.

What is the biggest advantages to booking through a TA. I'm not an experienced cruiser but I have always planned and booked all of my own vacations. It's part of the fun for me. My cruise on Liberty next month was booked through a TA but all of the next ones after that I have booked directly through RCI. I see no advantage to booking through this TA. She took down my information and collected my payment. That's all she did. Should I have expected her to do more? There was no price difference booking with a TA. There was no additional OBC booking with a TA. I haven't had any upgrade offers booking through a TA. There were no offers of price reductions through the TA. I have other cruises booked which I booked directly. The advantage is when I call in with a question or wanting to make a cabin change or whatever there is someone there to take my call and respond and react immediately. With the TA, she work 5 days a week and I have to call during office hours. Even then when I called asking about changing cabins I had to leave a message, which she returned about 90 minutes later. What exactly do people get booking with a TA?

Many on CC boards people swear that they either get a reduced price or some large amount of OBC. Over the last ten years that I have been a member of CC, I have never found a TA big or small who offered a reduced price compared to what the cruise line was offering at the time. All I ever found was a reduced price based on a fictitious brochure price. As far an OBC, until this current booking I only found it to be worth $50. Not compelling enough for me to give up control. I booked this upcoming cruise through my big box warehouse club. They were offering $250 OBC for a standard balcony booking during some tax return promotion. We will see how this pans out. Personally I have found it much easier to book directly with the cruise line.

I am a TA and have been for 10 years. I spend a lot of time getting to know my clients and always find a way to add something special to their trip that they would not get by going directly with the cruise line. I also have a partner so if I am not available she’s always there. Booking your travel by yourself you are missing out on some great perks if you find the right TA to work with. Good luck hope everything works out.

I am a TA and have been for 10 years. I spend a lot of time getting to know my clients and always find a way to add something special to their trip that they would not get by going directly with the cruise line. I also have a partner so if I am not available she’s always there. Booking your travel by yourself you are missing out on some great perks if you find the right TA to work with. Good luck hope everything works out.
Thanks for responding. I'm certainly not slagging on TA's I'm trying to understand the benefits. I've just not been accustomed to using them for booking travel, I've just always done that sort of thing myself. What would be an example of some the great perks that you would offer a client.

My experience has been to use a TA if you find a good one that will accommodate your needs, the Reason I use a TA is for the protection they offer over online or cruise direct sales.

as we all know each state or in my case provence, BC has a set of rules governing this type of transaction ie: what can and can not be changed / Charged,

As an example in 2008 I think it was, we were hit with a $400 pp fuel surcharge some of us will remember this

in my case booking in BC this can not be added due to the Law in BC so in this case it helped using a Local TA, I also Support local Business as Much as I can.

I am sure we all have many other examples where the TA has been very productive and helpful ! gone above and beyond

Cheers Dan

I am an agent at a brick and mortar agency and when I make a payment it takes about 1/2 a second to post. Within a minute I have an invoice from Royal showing balance due zero.

I have no idea why it should take someone 48 hours for a payment to show up, unless they are a huge agency and have to forward the payment to their accounting department or some other place.

Sometimes I book Direct, Sometimes Direct and Transfer to an Agent, Sometimes with an Agent, I do have a favorite and he is with one of the largest travel agencies (lucky I found him). Every time I make a payment, final or just partial, I always get an updated booking confirmation by email within 10 minutes.

Dennis & Sue

They will let you drop the travel agent with good cause. I had very similar situation and they removed the travel agent and took the reservation back to RCCL. I had to send the request in writing to agencychanges@rccl.com it takes a few days. Given you situation I would also speak a Supervisor at RCCL as soon as possible so that they don’t drop your reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I work for a very large travel company and we are often holding blocks of cabins at a better rate. We also always give more OBC than the cruise line is offering. We sometimes can get you a upgrade, a spa treatment, a free speciality restaurant. If it is a special occasion I always do something to recognize it. We are able to get the same if not better rates that you get when you call. Contrary to believe we are paid by the cruise line to promote them. You do not pay us.

I work for a very large travel company and we are often holding blocks of cabins at a better rate. We also always give more OBC than the cruise line is offering. We sometimes can get you a upgrade, a spa treatment, a free speciality restaurant. If it is a special occasion I always do something to recognize it. We are able to get the same if not better rates that you get when you call. Contrary to believe we are paid by the cruise line to promote them. You do not pay us.

Are the blocks of rooms for all itineraries? Are they only available when bookings open for that itinerary? I'm asking these questions only because when calling big online agencies there never seem to be group bookings that offer anything better than what the cruise line is offering.

Our agency has blocked cabins on most ships and most itineraries. They are available up until about 70 days prior to departure. If they are not quoting you a better price than there is a possibility that they are just making more on the cabin. Just saying!!!! I can only speak for how I run my agency