How many ships in port

lneilan

One caution on cruisetimetables.com. While they are quite accurate, you do need to check under BOTH the "Departure Ports" and "Ports of Call" sections to get an accurate picture of the ships with you. Some ships will show up in both (often with HAL as a midpoint of a collector cruise) but most will appear in just one of those two areas.

Another good check is to google your individual port for a schedule.

Roy

A huge note of caution about that web site -- the only time I have seen someone mention it, it was terribly wrong. I spend too much time here on CC ;p, and had never, ever heard of that site until this year, when someone on the Roll Call for a westbound TA I'll be taking this fall on the Celebrity Silhouette, which has an overnight at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, was terribly upset because she read that we were going to be at Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ. What? Where was she getting this information? Celebrity's documents clearly specified New York, NY; the Manhattan Cruise Terminal schedule has us there, as do the other port schedule sites listed in the posts above (cruisett.com and cruisetimetables), the only ones I've used. And, for further confirmation, Cape Liberty's own site does not show us there.

The misinformation was coming from crew-center.com. [And it's still there.] Ugh.

Cruisecal.com is indeed a pay site, to use all of it's features. BUT you can get your 'what's in port" info free by clicking on the Itinerary Lookup in the menu bar. EM

Wow. I never new that. Assuming it is fairly accurate, it is certainly the easiest site I have seen to answer the question "What other ships are in port on my cruise?" In the past, I have used cruisetimetables.com and did a lot of clicking.

A huge note of caution about that web site -- the only time I have seen someone mention it, it was terribly wrong. I spend too much time here on CC ;p, and had never, ever heard of that site until this year, when someone on the Roll Call for a westbound TA I'll be taking this fall on the Celebrity Silhouette, which has an overnight at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, was terribly upset because she read that we were going to be at Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ. What? Where was she getting this information? Celebrity's documents clearly specified New York, NY; the Manhattan Cruise Terminal schedule has us there, as do the other port schedule sites listed in the posts above (cruisett.com and cruisetimetables), the only ones I've used. And, for further confirmation, Cape Liberty's own site does not show us there.

The misinformation was coming from crew-center.com. [And it's still there.] Ugh.

Thanks -- I had seen this site mentioned but hadn't used it yet.

I want to take this opportunity to thank people for the information and contributions that have been made in response to the OPs question. I have checked the various sites that have been recommended and have learned that there are 6 ships scheduled to dock in Port Everglades on January 13, 2019. I cannot say that I'm a seasoned cruiser, but this seems to be a very large number of ships departing Port Everglades. Can Port Everglades handle the amount of congestion and crowding that inevitably occurs when these large ships converge on a single port on the same date? Should I be allowing extra time to arrive at the pier? Any other recommendations will be sincerely appreciated.

I want to take this opportunity to thank people for the information and contributions that have been made in response to the OPs question. I have checked the various sites that have been recommended and have learned that there are 6 ships scheduled to dock in Port Everglades on January 13, 2019. I cannot say that I'm a seasoned cruiser, but this seems to be a very large number of ships departing Port Everglades. Can Port Everglades handle the amount of congestion and crowding that inevitably occurs when these large ships converge on a single port on the same date? Should I be allowing extra time to arrive at the pier? Any other recommendations will be sincerely appreciated.

Pretty standard fare for Port Everglades during the winter season. I don't recall the maximum number of cruise ships it can handle, perhaps nine, but six is well within its capacity.

This Port Everglades link has lots of useful information, in addition to which you should check out the Cruise Critic Ports of Call board for Fort Lauderdale. http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/

Six cruise ships at one time is not an issue for Port Everglades! On the attached pic there are eight (8) cruise ships of various sizes, incl. three dam ships, visible. On December 21, 2003, PE set a record by hosting fifteen (15) cruise ships on a single day (not simultaneously). No other port in the world has hosted 10 or more cruise ships on a single day.

23847406_10155751908915729_6777095140012719343_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1288e64acd164613efe20e41c680e1b3&oe=5C36276D

Edited by Copper10-8

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel (local daily paper) recently stated that during the coming cruise season there will be 10 dates when all 8 terminals will be in use. Lots of auto and bus traffic between 9am and 1:30pm. Just be patient when arriving at the Port!

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel (local daily paper) recently stated that during the coming cruise season there will be 10 dates when all 8 terminals will be in use. Lots of auto and bus traffic between 9am and 1:30pm. Just be patient when arriving at the Port!

I've been In Port Everglades WHen it was jammed full and we were processed in and out ina bout the same time as always.

Which port do you mean? Port Eveglades, Miami?

I've been In Port Everglades WHen it was jammed full and we were processed in and out in about the same time as always. Which port do you mean? Port Eveglades, Miami?