Come Sail Away With Us!! - allure OTS Live Blog 9/23/2018-9/30/2018

lcookie

Quick Hitter - Nassau

Loving it. In short we checked off some more 1st life experiences.

Now I am off to zipline but this may cramp my style

[ATTACH]429209[/ATTACH]

Chat yall up in a bit. Yo Boy Is Hungry!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

#WHENYOURFAMILYTHINKSYOUDONELOSTYOURMINDScreenshot_20180924-150806_Messages.thumb.jpg.84230c32deb28684318b4dd0dbf55072.jpg

Following! We board her in January with the same itinerary, but leaving from Miami! Looking forward to your review, we haven't been on the Oasis class yet so will be very different from our previous cruises!
Now that I am on her I can say it feels different but only in small subtle ways.

Two most noticeables are:

The lack of water views. Really have to go up to top desk for that. Feels like a City more than a ship.

There is so much to do. Been on here for 2 full days and I literally just went to deck 4 for the midnight comedy show. Still have not made it to central park.

Such fun so far, thanks for sharing! I love the jet ski text!

Glad to hear the app is working!

I was dying when he sent that to me.
Thanks for the Ap update. Hopefully it will still be FREE in 2 weeks 6 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Fingers crossed. [emoji120]

Great review so far! We board her Oct 28th doing the same itinerary.

Look forward to following along.

Jenni

Hope I don't spoil anything for ya.
Enjoying your review so far. I can definitely feel your excitement!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please go back to my high school and tell my English teacher lol. She said I had trouble expressing my words.

Day 1 Continued -

Wow. Here it is Day 3 and I have not cleared out Day 1 yet. So much for the "LIVE" blog huh? Well don't you fear. I will not cut you short. Yall signed up for an adventure and that is what I intend to deliver.

So after we board and the WOW factor had set in, I stormed to the reservations desk to finish out my calendar. I had it all set but when I switched to the dining package i had to clear it all out. The paid choices that is. I wanted to get the times I preferred so I knew to jump right on it. Thanks CC!

Now on my Davina Cruise I learned a valuable lesson. PRINT EVERYTHING THAT BENEFITS YOU! I was naive and thought no way the Cruise Line could lose any of my reservations. Guess What?? "HOLD MY BEER" was their response.

The brunch with galley tour, sushi making class, and cupcake decorating class are all part of the dining package options on the planner but that info was not shared with the ship.

"Here you go sir. You don't have to search any further. You can skip the small print and focus on the orange highlighter. It will save you the trouble" I said with the biggest smile on my face. He looks at the papers, at me, back at the papers and said "that was very smart of you". Regardless he had to get his manager to approve it. ??? It's there on your letterhead. They did not give me any troubles and booked me just the way I wanted.

Umm excuse me aren't you going to give me that receipt sir? Oh and yes please write included in dinning package do not charge on there. (Prepping for my account dispute at this point just in case)

After that, we went up to deck 15 and found some loungers to relax until the rooms opened.

Getting bored lil bits and I started exploring. We made our way to the Boardwalk for our hotdog tasting. We then met up with mama and found our room.

After getting acquainted with our attendant we took the spa tour. We then went up to 15 to sign up for zip lining. The girls flaked out on me. So I walked the Green Mile alone and their first words were "how much do you weigh?" Geesh get to know a man first. Does it really show that much?

"Well I've Never. A gentleman never kisses and tells" was my response. Naw seriously mam I make the limit with a couple lbs to spare. I tested that on the same scale that I used to weigh my luggage and yall know Delta don't play. My scale is certified!

OK well jump on our scale anyway and hold this harness while your at it.

WHAT!!! That was not in the disclaimer. It did not say max weight including gear. We alk know how to weigh ourselves when we wanna feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside [emoji1]. I have a law degree from Google University and this is not on the up and up. I'm not answering any more questions until I consult with my lawyer.

Now there's no hiding the fact that I am BIGGGG BONED [emoji12] but did they have to put my weigh in on the big screen at the aquapark? It was as if I was going to fight Tyson. I get the all clear to zip then just like that they snatch the rug from under me.

Sorry Folks All Activities Are Closed For Muster Drill.

What [emoji15] That is like 30 mins from now. Plus you are closed until 3 pm tomorrow. Do you know how many meals I'm about ta go through? This is not even subtle anymore. Yall are flat out trying to control my diet. Did my wife out you up to this?

We head down to the room to wait it out until Muster. Yall already got my take on that.

Next installment will be dinner at Samba.

Off to Dreamworks Breakfast!

Day 1 Continued -

It's now 6 pm and time for Samba. This is bitter sweet for me. On the one hand I LOVE Brazilian steakhouses! On the other if I go HAM there's no way in @?#! I'm making weight for my fight.

20180923_180230.thumb.jpg.2428014f64777cc9ab0b81be6f6fa6aa.jpg

Dear Lord my vacation is spiraling out of control and I can't right the ship. THIS IS ONLY DAY 1. I'm gonna need some pressure pills. This all boils down to leaving the hotel 1 hr late. My entire factor of safety went out the window. Let that be a lesson folks. Don't be Dave. Be better than Dave.

Forget it. Throw caution to the wind and enjoy the meat feast.

Just want to say I am loving your cruise report!! It is so informative along with having great photos, with the added bonus of being hilarious!! Can't wait for your next post :)
Thanks for following. Keep checking back I'm sure it'll get better.
Great review

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks
Following - a little late to the party, but better late than never.
Don't worry I'm a little late too so you're just in time.

See those little "Sweat Manna From Heaven" "Agave Nectar" "Whatever You Wanna Call Em" cheesy bites?

20180923_180734.thumb.jpg.0a6554630481ab6b894679d03b079afb.jpg

I threated to crack their knuckles with the butter knife if they touched another one of my golden nuggets. The only way I can describe them is chewy yet satisfying.

The waiter told us to be easy on the buffet cause the meat would overflow our wildest imagination. "SIR YES SIR" was my response.

20180923_180403.thumb.jpg.bf38ee04c7689ee47af9ae8ea0e024fe.jpg

Don't have pics of the meat but they were good. By far the beef short rib followed by the bottom round were my favs. Next would be chicken or sausage depending on the day of the week. The crew kept bringing food faster than we could swallow. I'm like "Jesus Take The Wheel". Please make it stop [emoji120] Then the Lord spoke "silly rabbit - flip the card to red". Palm To Face! Finally I can take a breath without chewing.

Get this - After they brought all 8 servings they had the nerve to ask if we wanted a second round. Heavens No! This was a plot by RC to see how serious I was about zip lining.

You got to get up earlier than that to catch this roadrunner.

After the meal, I had this special treat waiting on me.

DJI_20180923_193326.jpg.8e8230486833221cc3c45b88a6fcbf9e.jpg

The girls had no idea. Only bummer was that my camera quit rolling so I did not get the song on film.

After Samba we went to Mama Mia. We left at intermission. The events of the weekend were catching up to us big time. The show was just okay. Probably due to exhaustion superseding everything else. Not gonna try for it again as I really don't want to devote 2.5 hours of my time to the show. I am more of a sitcom guy vs mini series watcher.

Well this concludes embarkation day.