TBA cabins

Lottacruises

He must be like 4 or 5 days outs and his ship is showing sold out so he cant compare prices as someone suggested.

Maybe if no more cabins they put him in the presidential suite lol (I know there isnt one before someone jumps on me). better than saying he has to sleep in the broom closet or up by the pool.

We've only booked a guarantee once - a last minute cruise. We booked inside guarantee and were assigned a handicap cabin on Lido. We loved the location and the fact that there was no step up into the bathroom. The bathroom was huge, since the shower was made to accommodate the fold down seat. The only negatives to the cabin were no shelf under the sink and only 2 small closets. Since we packed light that trip, we did just fine. Had we packed gown & tux, it might have been a bit more difficult with the small closets.

I hope they oversold the ship, and no one wants to move. Perhaps they would put you into one of the VVIP rooms that don't show on the public deck plans. The booking engine uses algorithms that are pretty good at predicting how many cancellations will occur and how many TBA's should be listed.

Presidential suite???

Broom closet???

Oh my goodness!! Lol

My ticker shows 4 days to cruising and still a TBA.

I've had one of those forward obstructed view cabins before and really liked it. One tip though, be sure to clip those curtains together so they don't have the least gap. People may wander by at all hours after dark and peek in...

The suspense!! :=)

I also want those beds put together but can't select that until the room is assigned.

I did NOT sign up for the rooms with the pull downs. I think I remember this happening before too, and when the room was assigned I then could select that.

IMG_20181007_040034.png.03b32a937bcb399baf8e14453e382e69.png

How funny. I’m on the same cruise, and also booked a few weeks back, same category and STILL waiting for my cabin assignment. It’s driving me nuts, not knowing. I’ve never done this TBA thing before and am super selective about my cabin location [emoji23] Hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How funny. I’m on the same cruise, and also booked a few weeks back, same category and STILL waiting for my cabin assignment. It’s driving me nuts, not knowing. I’ve never done this TBA thing before and am super selective about my cabin location [emoji23] Hoping for the best.

Well hi there! Some suites were available when I booked, and probably you too. Maybe nobody will want to upgrade and that's what we will get?!!?

Have you been on the valor before? We are looking forward to this cruise!

Please come back and post which room (or whatever your comfortable with sharing) that you got also!

Hello. Yes, when I booked the only options were Suite and inside, with Carnival selecting the cabin.

Yes, I was on the Valor in March and the Freedom in June. Currently looking at the Vista for February [emoji2]

I’ll definitely come back and post which cabin I’m assigned. Hoping I don’t find out at the port 🤪

Hello. Yes, when I booked the only options were Suite and inside, with Carnival selecting the cabin.

Yes, I was on the Valor in March and the Freedom in June. Currently looking at the Vista for February [emoji2]

I’ll definitely come back and post which cabin I’m assigned. Hoping I don’t find out at the port 🤪

Me either! We are going to get down there about 130=200 or so, that should give them enough time to work it out.

We like the valor and are sad that it's leaving.

Let them assign me cabins twice. First time i was given a spa balcony on the Lido deck, second time upgraded to a suite. Do not know how they assign them but they have sone good by me. Booked a Balcony both times

Let them assign me cabins twice. First time i was given a spa balcony on the Lido deck, second time upgraded to a suite. Do not know how they assign them but they have sone good by me. Booked a Balcony both times

Pretty simple, whatever is left

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I feel like I’m going to get one of those cabins that people post videos of, with loud clanging and shaking all the time. [emoji23][emoji23] I just don’t want to have to get to the port and not have a cabin number for my luggage tags. Oh well [emoji16] as usual, I have Cheers, so I’ll be able to sleep through anything.

Anyone ever not get a room assigned to them doing a guarantee?

I look at it like booking a flight, if you cant select your seat when you book it is probably overbooked and you will be on standby.

Only once I didnt get a cabin until I got to the port, thats why I know for sure to look for the main porter with the book where they take all the suitcases. He has a book with everyones cabin #s in it.

But I did get on the ship.

I'm not sure, but it did say guaranteed cabin or something like that. People that are on standby won't have a boarding pass, and wait in the lobby, not even past the desko agents, until the end of the day to see what's left. No, that's not me!

Presumably also when you book a flight you have a seat, but when you cant book a seat while booking the flight you think you are on the flight and end up not getting on because its overbooked and you are SOL.

Just wondering if the same practice happens on cruise ships or not.

Presumably also when you book a flight you have a seat, but when you cant book a seat while booking the flight you think you are on the flight and end up not getting on because its overbooked and you are SOL.

Just wondering if the same practice happens on cruise ships or not.

No, it doesn't. They don't oversell cabins. What they are doing is calling people to try to get more money out of them. When they are done they will drop us in a room.They are very good at maximizing profits at every turn, and that's what they are doing now.

I can't wait to see where I end up in the shuffling!