Help, Celebrity changed my dining choice!

itzfitz2

We are sailing on the Edge, March 3, 2019. We had selected "Open" dining. I went on to our reservation yesterday and saw that our dining option is now Traditional Seating at 8:30! Not acceptable for us. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you get it changed to your original booking?

I might suggest that if you have your original confirmation for Select Dining, call X and inquire as to the reason for the change. It could be a computer glitch, as well.

bon voyage

No, we not in AQ class cabin. I have contacted our travel agent and he is checking on it. It happened to 3 other couples traveling with so he is working through his group representative to resolve. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for the responses!

No, we not in AQ class cabin. I have contacted our travel agent and he is checking on it. It happened to 3 other couples traveling with so he is working through his group representative to resolve. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for the responses!

Thanks for your answer, what a bummer this has happened to you and your friends. Good luck.

We are sailing on the Edge, March 3, 2019. We had selected "Open" dining. I went on to our reservation yesterday and saw that our dining option is now Traditional Seating at 8:30! Not acceptable for us. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you get it changed to your original booking?

Happened to us (see cruise history in signature CEL EQUINOX - FLL - 12D Southern C - Jan/Feb 2013).

After we left port when we went to dine at 5:30!

A large group changed "their plans" to all dine early. We were bumped to 8:30, when we normally are in bed (we're 5am to 8/9PM people).

Went to everyone possible, NOTHING.

Buffet for 12N Southern Caribbean.

Told them that we would never cruise Celebrity again.

Emails during and post cruise resulted in nothing.

Years later, while they were doing the road trailer of the Edge at a TA in our town in NH, Sales executive asked if we were interested in the Edge. We said we wanted to look at it (appeared stunning) but them told him our story. He confirmed such and came back to us to offer us an incredible price on an Edge cruise. We said "no thanks," didn't trust them.

We've never sailed Celebrity since.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

I'll follow this to see if you get it resolved. Might influence us if you do; and affirm our concerns if you don't.

With four different MDRs my understanding is, if you want to try other than your assigned one, you can ask if the one you want has room. I would expect a lot of people would be in that kind of rotation plus those wanting to try all the new specialty restaurants, at least one of the four main dining rooms would have early availability on any given night.

Edited by hvsteve1
Typo

We had a similar situation last year on Harmony of the Seas. We were part of a large charter group. Our original request was for My Time Dining. Much to our dismay, after final payment we noticed we were put on the early traditional dining. Called the TA to change back to original My Time. Long story short, without asking, the Group TA put everyone in our group at the early dinner and never advised. We told them to immediately change,, they called back said they were sorry, but there were no more openings for the time we had requested. We ended up on boarding with no dinner plans for the MDR, going straight to my time dining room, spoke to head waiter and he signed us up for the time close to what we requested. It all worked out, we even got some unexpected OBC but very annoying when changes are made without authorization. Wishing you good luck and happy sailing.

Edited by Missymo

Note to OP....there's a Customer Service thread on main CC board praising assistance from X rep on a non dining issues but seems reps are willing to help ...

. ..maybe a few more tries to X will help work this out,...

But at least you have a chance to book the 4 mdrs if available.

Keep us posted.