Allure 10:15 flight.

Tin

As is very commonly discussed here, the Monsters of the Seas get in earlier, and start off loading sooner. So a 10:15 flight is possible...but you must consider...

Moving 6 people is more complicated.

Not sure what "luggage program" you are mentioning, but every one I am aware of has a "too early time", and at FLL it is no flights before 11:30, typically.

For a 10:15 flight you need to be at FLL for check-in by about 8:45 and earlier is better. With the ride from PE to FLL taking only 10-15+ min that translates into off the ship, with bags if the luggage program does not work for you, and clear of customs/immigration by 8:00 or so. Line up early and figure out your transport - I would grab the first two cabs in line for about $15 per taxi.

Good luck! ;)

I am very new to this forum but I have already seen this question (times vary a bit) asked so many times. Here is my thought....

WHY stress your self out? Life is way too short! You are still on vacation that day, in other words you can still make the most of it!

There is plenty to do in FLL until you would need to check in at the airport.

I’ve been on the allure 5 years ago. My rule is to not book a flight before 11. However, we are flying to Orlando for a short Disney trip after. I want to maximize the time spend there.

I’ve been on the allure 5 years ago. My rule is to not book a flight before 11. However, we are flying to Orlando for a short Disney trip after. I want to maximize the time spend there.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but I hate to rush. What if you don't make the flight? Then your day is really screwed up. Why not rent a van and drive to Orlando? It' only a 3 hour drive.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but I hate to rush. What if you don't make the flight? Then your day is really screwed up. Why not rent a van and drive to Orlando? It' only a 3 hour drive.

It cost like 300 for our whole family to fly. I’ll have to check again, but renting a van cost more than that for a day.

I just disembarked Allure this last Sunday with 10 people.  We walked down at 6:45 with our luggage and there was no line what-so-ever.  Walked right off.  We were home around 7:30 and only because it took a little longer for our international family to get through customs.  Which still only took about 15 minutes.  Else we would have been home before 7:20 and we live 15 - 20 minutes further than the airport.

I've done this several times now on Oasis-class out of Port Everglades and it's been the same every time.  A 10:15 flight would be VERY easy to make.  Go for it.  You walk outside, hop in a cab that is lined up and head over to the airport.  The area is virtually a ghost town if you self-disembark before 7AM.

For those saying "Don't risk it, rent a van" - I mean, if you didn't make the flight... THEN you could always rent a van or seek one of many alternate transport options to Orlando including several bus companies.

A 10:15 flight is incredibly easy to make off Allure.  But if anything went wrong, getting to Orlando isn't exactly rocket science either.

Edited by BNBR

It is discussed here a lot but I can tell you that we (our family of 19) made a 9:45 am flight from FLL-EWR after disembarking the Allure in August. This also was with one of our family members having his card key not ding and had to go to Guest Services, where that took about 15 minutes in line, have that fixed and then we were let back in line.  We were at the terminal with enough time to check our bags (flew Southwest), go through security, sit and get breakfast.

We were out of our cabins approximately 5:00 am and were the first people in line and we all had our luggage. We felt it would be quicker to just get a cab instead of waiting for a specific Uber (or any) driver.

I know things can go wrong, we took a gamble and I would most certainly do that again.

Edited by js
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, js said:

It is discussed here a lot but I can tell you that we (our family of 19) made a 9:45 am flight from FLL-EWR after disembarking the Allure in August. This also was with one of our family members having his card key not ding and had to go to Guest Services, where that took about 15 minutes in line, have that fixed and then we were let back in line.  We were at the terminal with enough time to check our bags (flew Southwest), go through security, sit and get breakfast.

We were out of our cabins approximately 5:00 am and were the first people in line and we all had our luggage. We felt it would be quicker to just get a cab instead of waiting for a specific Uber (or any) driver.

I know things can go wrong, we took a gamble and I would most certainly do that again.

Thank you for your update.  I think a key thing to consider is that delays happen sometimes - people miss connecting flights, for example.  It's just part of life.  But delays are not common nor are they normal.

Under normal circumstances, making a 10AM flight from Allure out of FLL, as you know, is quite easy to do and you not only had time to solve a keycard issue but even relax and have breakfast at the airport.

I appreciate your addition to the discussion.  We need more people to chime in who actually have done it.

• Like 1