AzAmazing Evenings: general question

eileenover

59 minutes ago, Ebeth63 said:

Our favourite so far is the evening we spent  in Koper, Slovenia, listening to the fabulous acapella choir - Perpetuum Jazzile. It was a perfect example of an Azamazing Evening being so much more than the description given beforehand. You never really know ‘what you’re going to get’ on these evenings: some are undoubtedly better than others (due to personal taste), but they are always a special experience.

That was an incredible Evening.  And just a short walk from the ship.

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

What about White Nights? Are they held even on short cruises?

Can’t really answer that, but I remember that on another forum you sent me some excellent notes on an ancient site, I think it was Herculaneum. 

Don’t know if I thanked you sufficiently so I will do so now.

Glad you are considering Azamara and I’m certain someone can respond with the correct answer to your query.

1 hour ago, nordski said:

Can’t really answer that, but I remember that on another forum you sent me some excellent notes on an ancient site, I think it was Herculaneum. 

Don’t know if I thanked you sufficiently so I will do so now.

Glad you are considering Azamara and I’m certain someone can respond with the correct answer to your query.

Thanks -- yes, probably it was my Herculaneum notes. 😎

I'll be on an upcoming Cuba cruise on Journey -- trying out Azamara with hopes it will be another go-to line for me.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

What are the AZ evenings? I am sailing in April out of NYC for 11 nights.  Is this special entertainment?

There is a thread at the start of this part of the Cruise Critic site and it is entitled 'Azamara Newbies' ----all is revealed on there!

A quick answer though, Az Evenings are held once on most Azamara cruises. They are often ashore. They often involve the performing arts. They are free and for all passengers.

Hope this helps! 

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

What are the AZ evenings? I am sailing in April out of NYC for 11 nights.  Is this special entertainment?

Hi LoisR, the AzAmazing Evenings are a way we showcase local culture, to immerse our guests in the destination. They are a special evening ashore. 

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/shore-excursions/azamazing-evenings

Wonderful (rescheduled) Amazing Evening in Havana last week. List Alonso ballet performance in the beautiful reopened and refurbished Grand Theatre Havana. A real treat, and we then wandered home to the ship on our own (our choice!) via a couple of bars with live music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No, and still not listed as of today. I do not see any excursions for Beijing either yet. What company are you using in Tokyo for your excursion you have already planned?

nanc( we were born and raised in PA but moved to UT over 40 years ago, but have not lost my accent!)

Edited by cruiser0815nan

3 hours ago, cruiser0815nan said:

No, and still not listed as of today. I do not see any excursions for Beijing either yet. What company are you using in Tokyo for your excursion you have already planned?

nanc( we were born and raised in PA but moved to UT over 40 years ago, but have not lost my accent!)

In Tokyo we are using a guide from TripleLights. She was recommended by a friend who used her services when visiting Tokyo last year. Check our roll call and see if you are interested in the Beijing tour being planned.

Where ever you go and no matter how long you away, you can never lose that accent!   🙂