where did the social groups go?

They were not brought over.  That is not to say we won't or that we won't do something similar.   I'll put on my list to discuss.

In the mean time can I create a Friends of Forum for you to use? Or perhaps you could chat in the Floataway

On 10/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, wwcruisers said:

Trying to navigate the 'new' forum. Where did the 'social groups' board go? It used to be accessed in the user profile -- but, I see no link for it there, anymore. I'm particularly searching for the 'who's onboard' social group thread. Thanks!

Suzanne, I knew you would be on this.  We’ll get lost in the Floatway I think.  I too asked what happen and got a reply on how too log in.

9 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

They were not brought over.  That is not to say we won't or that we won't do something similar.   I'll put on my list to discuss.

In the mean time can I create a Friends of Forum for you to use? Or perhaps you could chat in the Floataway

Hi Jenn -- thanks for letting us know what's going on. A 'Friends' group might work as a substitute, if CC is doing away with the 'Social Groups" board. If it helps, the title of our Social Group was "Who's Onboard".  Any help would be appreciated.

10 hours ago, Oville said:

Suzanne, I knew you would be on this.  We’ll get lost in the Floatway I think.  I too asked what happen and got a reply on how too log in.

I did not care for the Floataway Lounge during the "shutdown"......

Hi Lois!

What do you guys think of the idea for a  'Friends' groups? I think that's what Host Jenn was talking about helping us set up. If you scroll down the main menu, I think those are near, but not in, the Floataway Lounge. I just don't want to see us all drift apart, because of this. If we can set up a 'Friends' group -- especially if we can keep the 'Who's Onboard' name -- I think that we can get the word out to all of our old 'regulars' on where to find us. So -- Who's Onboard with that idea?

Edited by wwcruisers

55 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Hi Lois!

What do you guys think of the idea for a  'Friends' groups? I think that's what Host Jenn was talking about helping us set up. If you scroll down the main menu, I think those are near, but not in, the Floataway Lounge. I just don't want to see us all drift apart, because of this. If we can set up a 'Friends' group -- especially if we can keep the 'Who's Onboard' name -- I think that we can get the word out to all of our old 'regulars' on where to find us. So -- Who's Onboard with that idea?

Hi Suzanne, I’m onboard and I like the idea of the Friends group a lot better than the Floataway.  I think we all want to keep this going.  Katie

The 'Friends' forum seems pretty accessible,. so I think that would work. Hopefully, Host Jenn hasn't forgotten about us -- and will help us set something up, there.. Do you guys want to still call it 'Who's Onboard' -- so all of our 'social group' friends can find us, more easily? Once we get the group set up, we could try to track down our members, and let them know where we've gone. I have Jack & Kathy's e-mail address, so I can let them know. They were concerned that our group might very well get 'lost in the shuffle', with this big change.

4 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

The 'Friends' forum seems pretty accessible,. so I think that would work. Hopefully, Host Jenn hasn't forgotten about us -- and will help us set something up, there.. Do you guys want to still call it 'Who's Onboard' -- so all of our 'social group' friends can find us, more easily? Once we get the group set up, we could try to track down our members, and let them know where we've gone. I have Jack & Kathy's e-mail address, so I can let them know. They were concerned that our group might very well get 'lost in the shuffle', with this big change.

I emailed Kathy, Linda, Beth, Anne and Lois but not Eileen and Carolyn, I don’t have Carolyn’s email address.

Perhaps we should rename ourselves with some reference to our Jan ‘14  Century cruise(s).

thanks for your help Suzanne.

Katie

Edited by Oville

Maybe we could keep the main title of "Who's Onboard", and see if we can subtitle it:"Friends from Century, Feb. '14"

(Katie -- my records show that our famous b2b2b was in Feb, rather than Jan, of 2014.) That way, folks (like Rich) who don't stay in touch all the time, would be able to still find us. But, we wouldn't have the problem of random folks, thinking that they've stumbled onto THEIR roll-call thread (a recurring problem that we had with our social group).

Now, we just have to figure out how to start that friends thread. (I'm afraid that Host Jenn might have gotten busy with other matters and forgotten about us). There does appear to be a link in the "Friends" board, re: how to start a new group. Maybe we should check that out?

I agree that a Friends group sounds like a good option.  I would like to be in touch again. I have not spent much time trying to figure out this new CC system, but I am very frustrated with what I have experienced so far.  If needed, my e-mail is cgunning at twu dot edu. 

Fine with setting up a Friends group as long as it's private.  Not willing to undertake to figure out how to do it.  The new format is frustrating enough!

Has anybody figured out how to change their signature yet?  Pat posted that you can change your picture by clicking on your picture.  Went to my profile.  No way that I can see to change my signature.

The other possibility is to migrate to a private Facebook group as many are doing.  Don't have to reinvent the wheel every 5 minutes and they are simple to use.