where did the social groups go?

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I read post #8.  And your point would be?

The point is  you quoted my post  then JENN posted they were not carried over

I do not frequent the Social forms  so had not idea  what they were  at the time

I was trying to help

no need to be argumentative

we are all learning this new format

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The point is  you quoted my post  then JENN posted they were not carried over

I do not frequent the Social forms  so had not idea  what they were  at the time

I was trying to help

no need to be argumentative

we are all learning this new format

My response said that was not responsive to the original question.  I don't see that as being argumentative.  Read into it what you will, I guess.

Linda -- my signature (X and RC loyalty badges) just went 'poof' -- and I have no idea of how to get them back. Since the last forum change, when they made it so hard to even view signatures, I gave up on count-down clocks. So, I guess my signature line is just a thing of the past.

Re: Facebook -- I don't do social media (and have no desire to start).

So -- the FRIENDS boards has an instruction line, on how to start a Friends Group. Basically, someone has to email the admins and request one to be started. That person (like Arno was originally, on our social group) will be the 'contact' person between the Friends group and the CC mods/admin. Anyone want to volunteer to get us started?

3 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

So -- the FRIENDS boards has an instruction line, on how to start a Friends Group. Basically, someone has to email the admins and request one to be started. That person (like Arno was originally, on our social group) will be the 'contact' person between the Friends group and the CC mods/admin. Anyone want to volunteer to get us started?

Suzanne, perhaps you should take the bull by the horns and set the group up as you are reluctant or unwilling to use social media.  It would be a shame for our group to just disappear because of a social media vs Cruise Critic hangup.  What are your thoughts?

Katie

On 10/21/2018 at 12:14 PM, wwcruisers said:

Maybe we could keep the main title of "Who's Onboard", and see if we can subtitle it:"Friends from Century, Feb. '14"

(Katie -- my records show that our famous b2b2b was in Feb, rather than Jan, of 2014.) That way, folks (like Rich) who don't stay in touch all the time, would be able to still find us. But, we wouldn't have the problem of random folks, thinking that they've stumbled onto THEIR roll-call thread (a recurring problem that we had with our social group).

Now, we just have to figure out how to start that friends thread. (I'm afraid that Host Jenn might have gotten busy with other matters and forgotten about us). There does appear to be a link in the "Friends" board, re: how to start a new group. Maybe we should check that out?

Didn't forget you I promise!  I am going to create this now and will link when I am done.  

17 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Linda -- my signature (X and RC loyalty badges) just went 'poof' -- and I have no idea of how to get them back. Since the last forum change, when they made it so hard to even view signatures, I gave up on count-down clocks. So, I guess my signature line is just a thing of the past.

You're elected.  😁

5 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Didn't forget you I promise!  I am going to create this now and will link when I am done.  

Here you go!  Let me know if your Forum Name or Description needs any  tweaking

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2430-whos-onboard/