On the Caribbean Princes......

Eagle_and_hawk

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Every time I see the menu with that "gourmet beef burger" it make me cringe.  How are can Princess sink :(.  Speaking of menus, many Princess cruisers are aware that the best ice cream Sundae's are not on the adult menu :).  Ask your waiter about a "volcano."

Hank

Hank, I totally agree with you “gourmet beef burger” give me a break.

Now about the Volcano 😁  I have at least one on every cruise. I think we should stop talking about it. If Princess knows how much everyone  likes them they will remove it from the menu.

Tony

F6592131-53B7-4CA8-B747-66B7F9C851AB.jpeg

11 minutes ago, travelbug615 said:

In regards to your picture of  Princess products you can purchase to hold the medallion, is there a holder for the medallion that is free?  Are you carrying around the medallion loose in your pockets?

Enoying your posts.  Thanks for all the effort involved.

This what you get for free when you check in at the pier. We have the medallion and card holder on the same ring. That part will break away from the lanyard, which is the way we are carrying them in our pockets. Still need the card for any drink order at any bar/restaurant. We don’t like them dangling around our necks. 

B544A3D9-5663-476B-9732-9445626F7734.jpeg

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Every time I see the menu with that "gourmet beef burger" it make me cringe.  How are can Princess sink :(.  Speaking of menus, many Princess cruisers are aware that the best ice cream Sundae's are not on the adult menu :).  Ask your waiter about a "volcano."

Hank

I have never read the description of of that burger before and sounds nasty.  Of course as soon as I seen “crab”, that would have made me pass it over anyway. 

David

11 minutes ago, travelbug615 said:

Thanks for the photo.  I am not a lanyard fan, so  it's good to know  the medallion is encased in something big enough that I would notice if it fell out of my pocket.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

It is a little smaller than the card. It’s enclosed in a hard, acrylic case and seems durable. I can’t wait to get it home and cut it all open to see the insides. Sure it is nothing more than a chip, but enquiring minds wanna know.....😀

Interesting conversation I overheard yesterday while standing in the sweltering heat for the excursion. I know this was brought up in some thread, although I never seen all the discussion. 

They were here discussing it was their first Princess cruise, and was telling the other couple they were sailing as Elite and had black cards. They said they were invited to a first cruisers gathering, and they had a drawing for , I am guessing 10 cabins, and not passengers since both had black cards, to experience being Elite for this cruise. They had won and were talking about how they enjoyed the mini-bar setup, free laundry, and priority tendering. Not sure if every first time cruiser was invited or how they selected them. Thought it was interesting and wish I had a chance to have asked them more about it, but split up to load buses after that. 

I am going to follow up with the Internet cafe tomorrow about prices as asked them earlier, but forgot to get all the details I wanted to know since back here again in February. 

For a a seven day cruise, unlimited internet is $70. For a ten day cruise, unlimited internet is $85. Both of these are for one device only, and will check into the other option we have now, with up to four devices. None of this seems to take into any account of free minutes based on status as think that might be a moot point. I will talk to them again the next two sea days, as heading back to FLL at this current time. 

1 hour ago, travelbug615 said:

Thanks for the photo.  I am not a lanyard fan, so  it's good to know  the medallion is encased in something big enough that I would notice if it fell out of my pocket.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Here's the size of the Medallion in the casing.

IMG_1672.JPG

43 minutes ago, Eagle_and_hawk said:

Interesting conversation I overheard yesterday while standing in the sweltering heat for the excursion. I know this was brought up in some thread, although I never seen all the discussion. 

They were here discussing it was their first Princess cruise, and was telling the other couple they were sailing as Elite and had black cards. They said they were invited to a first cruisers gathering, and they had a drawing for , I am guessing 10 cabins, and not passengers since both had black cards, to experience being Elite for this cruise. They had won and were talking about how they enjoyed the mini-bar setup, free laundry, and priority tendering. Not sure if every first time cruiser was invited or how they selected them. Thought it was interesting and wish I had a chance to have asked them more about it, but split up to load buses after that. 

It's something they give away at the gathering for the first-time Princess cruisers. All first-time Princess cruisers are invited. I think it was even in the Patter when we were onboard. 

5 hours ago, Working 2 Cruise said:

It doesn't make sense to just send that email to just elites.  Everyone should be getting it. But, thanks to you, I now know about it and will be on the lookout for it!

I don't know who they send the email to or why.  I was just suggesting that maybe they only sent it to certain ones based on status or based on cabin type or it just go lost in the email.  I personally have no knowledge as to who it was sent to and for what reason.  Check your rejected email. 

I downloaded the OceanReady app onto my droid cell phone which was easy.  After opening it up, it asked for information to be put into the app.  First I had to create a logon and password, then it wanted my travel documents where I had to take a picture of both our passports, enter passport number, dates etc.  I had to take two pictures of each of us one for a security photo and one for a profile photo and finally establish a PIN code for each of us.  It then offered to sell us an OM holder but none were available so we will get the lanyard shown below.  Since they now have all the information needed at sign in such as passport information, pictures etc maybe just maybe we will be able to board the ship without any delays.  However due to the short time we were told we will get our OM at the port so still have to talk to registration desk.  

Two weeks or so we will find out how well the OM works and the effort I put forth in entering the information.  I still expect to show our passports before boarding of course but we will see what else they want.  I would love to hear from someone who has already done this.

2 hours ago, pcsunlover said:

Thank you so much for the great review and the pictures of your balcony.  We’ll be in D737 on the CB next year.  Our first time in a suite and now I’m even more excited!  I hope you continue to enjoy your cruise!

I'm in D737 on the Grand in July.  Can't wait.  First time for us too.  

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 9:39 AM, Eagle_and_hawk said:

I am not really sure since we were using our free minutes until yesterday. When I needed to buy more, it showed we had five days left at sea, at the time. One day was $20 for one device or $30 for up to four devices. It also had a selection for five days under each option, but no price. I assumed it was just five times the daily rate. We picked the plan for up to four devices, five days and expected it to be $150, however it was only $100. It is working well as when we signed in our iPads, it showed we had xx number of devices connected and let us add the next one. 

When you first signed in for your free minutes, did it offer you the option at that time of purchasing additional minutes or purchasing an unlimited package?

8 hours ago, idahospud said:

Here's the size of the Medallion in the casing.

IMG_1672.JPG

That thing is HUGE for something just to carry around a Medallion & besides I really dislike having it swinging on my neck. 😵 Weren't they giving out the wrist bands any more?

I might have to come up with a simple clip-on carrier for my wife who never has pockets. 

6 hours ago, caribill said:

When you first signed in for your free minutes, did it offer you the option at that time of purchasing additional minutes or purchasing an unlimited package?

It did offer to let us purchase unlimited as low as $10 a day, but was not going to decide until I went thru the free minutes. With all these postings and uploads, I did 😀

This was the insert that was included in today’s patter. I know how much everyone enjoys getting them. 😀 

My only real reason for adding them as this has been about the only sale flyer we have received, not the usual 3-4 a day for art auctions, spa stuff, Effy sales, photo  packages, etc. we did have a couple the first day and all we can remember getting. The patter for the next day was placed on our bed when the room was cleaned at night, and only thing inside was the usual shopping port sheet. We also have not been approached to buy the beverage package, or much of anything else. We did see the usual table around the piazza selling beverage package, and one day around the pool someone was showing us about Planks & Steamers. I hope this is a new direction for Princess. 

Just in in case you miss them......

D5083A27-1BE3-47CA-A469-FFDDF8125495.jpeg

F8C6A5CE-EFD7-4708-94EB-D62C34562C94.jpeg