New Terminal at Port Everglades- When Opening?

DTL321

Hello fellow cruisers!

Just wanted to find out, when does the new Celebrity Terminal (T25) open at Port Everglades? In some articles I read it mentioned it will be opening in October. Well it is coming to the end of October and no word.

Does anyone here have any ideas? I am guessing it should be open by the time the Edge starts cruises, but that is a guess and we all know how construction goes!

2 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

I have the port Everglades ap, that shows terminal assignments for the next 30 days, although as I mentioned they can change.

From what I saw the app is only available on I phones, not androids.  Is that your experience?  We are hoping to be at T25 for our Reflection Cruise at the end of November, before Edge sails although she will be in port for final fitting out.

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

From what I saw the app is only available on I phones, not androids.  Is that your experience?  We are hoping to be at T25 for our Reflection Cruise at the end of November, before Edge sails although she will be in port for final fitting out.

Yes, the ap is on my iPad and iPhone. Right now it shows Reflection at T25 on November 16, but won't list it's return for a few more days.

16 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

Yes, the ap is on my iPad and iPhone. Right now it shows Reflection at T25 on November 16, but won't list it's return for a few more days.

Thanks, our sailing is on Nov 26.  If you think about it, could you post again when you see that date.  Greatly appreciate your help and info.

41 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

Thanks for sharing! I'm on that cruise and have an Android, I don't see the app in the Google Play store. I'll of course confirm closer in. 

I did find this which all sounds great: The Terminal 25 facility will be comprised of a new and improved U.S. Customs and Border Protection area, ground transportation layout, baggage collection areas, baggage processing area, new check-in counters, new seating, easier passenger movement within the terminal, and new passenger loading bridges.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Forever42 said:

Thanks for sharing! I'm on that cruise and have an Android, I don't see the app in the Google Play store. I'll of course confirm closer in. 

Never ceases to amaze me - why are apps developed for Iphone versus android when Android has nearly 85% of the market and IOS has 15%.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:56 PM, JoeMammy said:

I did find this which all sounds great: The Terminal 25 facility will be comprised of a new and improved U.S. Customs and Border Protection area, ground transportation layout, baggage collection areas, baggage processing area, new check-in counters, new seating, easier passenger movement within the terminal, and new passenger loading bridges.

But for those who drive to port...same parking.

2 hours ago, belcherwm said:

Terminal 25:

Nov 15 Infinity

Nov 16 Reflection

Nov 18 Silhouette

Nov 21 Edge

Edge is not sailing until December, although she will be in port.  If she is at T25 for fitting out I guess that means Reflection will not sail from there on Nov. 26.  Hope we get a look at Edge before we sail.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, Dawniepoo said:

The last time I checked, the Infinity is leaving from terminal 4 on our November 1 cruise and it its the only ship in port that day. I would assume that the terminal will not be ready then.  

If that is the Terminal  closest to the Convention Center, that is our favorite, esp if we are parking our car .

Parking is right out front or  in the adjacent garage .  We cruised on Connie or Infinity  from there.. Easily parked out front, just a short walk to terminal entrance, smooth flow   Getting off the ship also easy..walked to the car and were on the road.

The new terminal for EDGE looks beautiful but due to its location,  it  means parking in the mid port garage.

In January,  we are going to try to take our luggage on the shuttle rather than drop it off first....to avoid 2 trips around! That is awful!

In Nov 2019 we will be flying to FLL, much easier..just take a cab to the ship from our hotel

Can't wait to hear all about the new Terminal!

Edited by hcat

16 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Edge is not sailing until December, although she will be in port.  If she is at T25 for fitting out I guess that means Reflection will not sail from there on Nov. 26.  Hope we get a look at Edge before we sail.

The Port info shows Edge going out on several 3 night Bahamas trips before going out on a 7 night Western Caribbean on Dec 9th.

The rebuild of Terminal 25 was well overdo.  When I used this facility sailing on Celebrity Eclipse, the embarkation experience was fine.  Disembarkation was the worst I have ever experienced in any port and it was due to the inadequate Terminal.  Baggage had to be picked up at Terminals 22/24 which was a walk from 25.  Even then, once in Terminals 22/24, there was a long snaking line to get to baggage claim followed by more congestion and lines for Customs/Immigration.

I was so upset that I wrote Mr. Michael Bayley,  then CEO of Celebrity Cruises.  I received a personal letter from him that said that he had visited the Terminal and witnessed the "mess".  He agreed that changes needed to be made.  So, this rebuild has been a long time coming.  I am sure that the Celebrity guests using the "new" Terminal 25 will have a much more pleasant experience that I had.