Kettle or coffe maker in balcony cabins

CH_ca

I noticed that cruises sailing from Southampton will provide a kettle in the balcony cabins. So for sure they have these equipment onboard. Do you think they will provide one in my cabin (cruise not sailing from Southampton) if I ask for one? Hate to go all the way to the buffet and come back to the room for just one cup of coffee first thing in the morning!

You can have free coffee or hot water delivered to your cabin in the morning. If your on Reflection or Silhouette on deck 7 or 8 they have a coffee station at The Hideaway. Also Cafe La Bacio deck 5 has coffee. We have coffee and fruit delivered in the mornings before going to breakfast.

I asked for a kettle when we were on Eclipse on a Southern Caribbean itinerary. At first I was told they were in storage in Miami, but when we returned to the cabin, a kettle + a tray of tea/coffee & milk had been provided.

Edited by upwarduk

I was on Eclipse sailing from Barcelona last month and asked steward for a kettle and it was there when we returned from dinner that first night. Like you I like a hot drink on waking in the morning. I hope you get one as easily as I did. Happy cruising.

3 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

You can have free coffee or hot water delivered to your cabin in the morning. If your on Reflection or Silhouette on deck 7 or 8 they have a coffee station at The Hideaway. Also Cafe La Bacio deck 5 has coffee. We have coffee and fruit delivered in the mornings before going to breakfast.

I am new to celebrity and will be sailing on reflection can someone please tell me what The Hideaway is?

TIA

1 hour ago, Ms Jo UK said:

I am new to celebrity and will be sailing on reflection can someone please tell me what The Hideaway is?

TIA

Mid-ship.  It is on the ship diagram.

10 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

TIA

Just forward of the aft elevators on deck 7 and 8. I think the coffee station is on deck 7 starboard side near cabin 7264.  Check out the photos. 2nd row 1st photo you can see the coffee station.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-silhouette-594/the-hideaway-214293/

12 hours ago, CH_ca said:

I noticed that cruises sailing from Southampton will provide a kettle in the balcony cabins. So for sure they have these equipment onboard. Do you think they will provide one in my cabin (cruise not sailing from Southampton) if I ask for one? Hate to go all the way to the buffet and come back to the room for just one cup of coffee first thing in the morning!

On our last cruise on the Infinity out of San Diego, our cabin steward realising that we were from U.K., asked us if we wanted a kettle. This was provided with cups and a selection of teas and instant coffees. 

We had room service on a recent HAL cruise. Selection of teas was poor and water not quite the right temperature. It is important that you have freshly boiled hot water to have a decent cup of tea.

We will be on the Reflection in March and will ask for a kettle.

9 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We find it very easy to order a pot of coffee from room service.

5 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

We had room service on a recent HAL cruise. Selection of teas was poor and water not quite the right temperature. It is important that you have freshly boiled hot water to have a decent cup of tea.

Yes, very easy to order from Room Service, but not as convenient for that first cuppa on waking. Sometimes it is great to just wake up an no pre-determined time and be able to make a hot drink.

Also as quoted, it is very difficult to make tea with 'almost' hot water - yuk.

I think the strange need of passengers desperately seeking a kettle (mostly Brits) has become understood by Celebrity in recent years and it is becoming much easier to obtain one.  😀

Good to know! Is it just Brits that make tea with freshly boiling water?

One of our local Devon cafes recently tried to offer customers a pot of water of hot water and a teabag on the saucer, a la US style, and got a proper telling off from the customers! Can’t imagine trying to make a decent cuppa with water that has been transported by room service from the nearest kitchen, definitely off the boil!

1 hour ago, Ergates The Ant said:

Good to know! Is it just Brits that make tea with freshly boiling water?

One of our local Devon cafes recently tried to offer customers a pot of water of hot water and a teabag on the saucer, a la US style, and got a proper telling off from the customers! Can’t imagine trying to make a decent cuppa with water that has been transported by room service from the nearest kitchen, definitely off the boil!

My tea is iced and some people make it sweet enough to stand a spoon up in - but it starts with briskly boiling water, add tea, leave off the heat, but on the stove to heat. Have to use boiling water to make good tea.

I'm that weird Southerner, though, I like hot tea too.

Thanks for your replies! Glad to know some of you were able to get a kettle from the cabin steward. I will definitely ask for one. Yes, I know I could have ordered room service, but I don't like to wake up at a specific time to answer the door for my cup of hot drinks in the morning. In fact, I don't like to be disturbed by anyone first thing in the morning.  I just like to have it when I want it. :)