Set sail pass

We are boarding Liberty on Saturday.  I can't believe that it is finally here !! I was wonder about printing my set sail pass.  Is it necessary or can you just save a pdf on my phone and have them scan that?  My set sail pass includes myself and DW.  We don't have separate passes... if that makes any difference to your suggestion.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

We are boarding Liberty on Saturday.  I can't believe that it is finally here !! I was wonder about printing my set sail pass.  Is it necessary or can you just save a pdf on my phone and have them scan that?  My set sail pass includes myself and DW.  We don't have separate passes... if that makes any difference to your suggestion.

I'd print the SetSail pass.

• Like 1

What about their app that has the setsail pass in it?  Do I still need the printed version?  Or can I only use that if I have beem selected for fast/expedited entry. (I can’t remember what it is called, but remember reading about it a few weeks ago). 

Edited by cindivan

The need for SetSail pass is more important for the security screening BEFORE check in, rather than check in itself. For those folks, paper is probably better. This will eventually improve with the app set sail pass, but till then, print it.

12 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Why are to trying to complicate something as simple as printing a couple pieces of paper.  And NO,  they cant scan your phone.  Print the freakin paper, show up and stop being such a baby...🤯

Edited by joelheather
  • Like 1

I have what...40-45 days before the cruise to print out my set sail pass?  Somewhere in there I find the time to do it.  It is just so simple for me to have that sheet of paper along with my passport to hand to security as you enter the terminal.  Only way I would show up without it is if the dog ate it as I left the house...oh wait a minute....I don't have a dog!  🙀🐶

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, joelheather said:

Why are to trying to complicate something as simple as printing a couple pieces of paper.  And NO,  they cant scan your phone.  Print the freakin paper, show up and stop being such a baby...🤯

Not every body has such easy access to a printer, which could be why they are asking.  

2 hours ago, joelheather said:

I'm not trying to complicate anything.  I'm staying in my 5th wheel and don't have a printer.  I can go to staples and print it but that i'm trying to find out if that is a needless complication. If this question is so troublesome for you I'd suggest you hit the little red x in the corner of the screen and find an alternative activity. Maybe try lighting puppies on fire or poking babies with a fork. I'm sure those would be more to your liking.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joelheather said:

This is pretty funny considering you act as though people that print plane boarding passes are ridiculous. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2557845-plane-ticket-printouts/?tab=comments#comment-55223080

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

It took about 1 minute for the security person to look us up on their printed manifest and allow us into the terminal.

Right, but there may be a lot of eye rolling behind you in line during that minute by others who came prepared.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I have what...40-45 days before the cruise to print out my set sail pass?  Somewhere in there I find the time to do it.  It is just so simple for me to have that sheet of paper along with my passport to hand to security as you enter the terminal.  Only way I would show up without it is if the dog ate it as I left the house...oh wait a minute....I don't have a dog!  🙀🐶

Agree. And BTW it's a good thing you corrected your own comment about the dog. If you hadn't I can only imagine the attuited your kitty would have had. :classic_wink:

47 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

This is pretty funny considering you act as though people that print plane boarding passes are ridiculous. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2557845-plane-ticket-printouts/?tab=comments#comment-55223080

There was absolutely no malace intened in my post that you referenced.  You really went swinging for the fences at this one, just looking to disparage me. Well, you failed...

And unless you are “RIDICULOUS” you would not find my post as anything other than friendly advice.  However, your friend Tree skier was extremely rude on his reply to drummer70. NICE TRY...

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL TEXT, PLEASE JUDGE FOR YOURSELVES.

“Who prints out tickets anymore. Use your smartphone or simply use a kiosk at the airport. Why worry about something that is not needed.”

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. And BTW it's a good thing you corrected your own comment about the dog. If you hadn't I can only imagine the attuited your kitty would have had. :classic_wink:

That's for sure.  Her Royal Highness, Miss Katiekat would freak out if we even try to think about bringing a dog into "her kingdom".  🐱

This "Royal DS" finds herself having to bow and scrape at her feet, as that is how she sees it anyway.  :classic_love:

Edited by island lady

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You are not required to have a printed Set Sail Pass in order to check in, they will have all of your information if you have completed the on line check-in. However, having the printed Set Sail Pass will speed up the check-in process.

We did a B2B in September.  Seems I printed the 2nd week only.  😱

They checked us off a list. 

As long as you are checked in online, you’ll be fine without the printed set sail pass.  It may take a minute or two longer.  Adventure has the new app and I’m hoping to use my phone to board (although I did print the paper set sail pass just in case) since the app allows us to bypass traditional pier check in), but I don’t believe Liberty has the app as yet.

6 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

As long as you are checked in online, you’ll be fine without the printed set sail pass.  It may take a minute or two longer.  

Of course, if you haven’t completed online checkin, you can’t print a set sail pass. Still no problem, they will still let you in.