Cruise Critic you lost me!

I am having so much difficulty navigating this website now.  I've been trying for days to figure things out and every day I just give up.  What is so great about the new look and performance of Cruise Critic?  I don't get it.  The search function is ridiculous.   Even the list of cruise lines is now in a horizontal alphabetical format.  What?  Why?  
Cruise Critic you lost me.  

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 6:58 AM, webecruzin2 said:

The search function is ridiculous.

While I've been away for a few days, it's my understanding that the indexing necessary for the old posts to show up on the search feature hasn't been completed.  Until that time, searches are incomplete.

Roughly equivalent to old control panel thread listing: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/

Roughly equivalent to old New Posts: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/

When list is displayed click solid dot or star to the left of thread title to get to first unread.

For more advanced custom viewing see (click on the button in the top right)

On 10/26/2018 at 6:58 AM, webecruzin2 said:

I am having so much difficulty navigating this website now.  I've been trying for days to figure things out and every day I just give up.  What is so great about the new look and performance of Cruise Critic?  I don't get it.  The search function is ridiculous.   Even the list of cruise lines is now in a horizontal alphabetical format.  What?  Why?  
Cruise Critic you lost me.  

I agree...way to tech for me....I'm managing to do some basic posting's finally but trying to remember what stars...dot's etc mean are frustrating...Many take easily to the high tech changes...I'm not one of them. Very disappointing CC didn't make this a little more user friendly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

trying to remember what stars...dot's etc mean are frustrating..

star = means you've posted on that thread.

dot = means you haven't posted on that thread.

dark blue dot/star = new posts since you were last there

gray dot/star = no new posts since you were last there.

pretty easy.

3 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

star = means you've posted on that thread.

dot = means you haven't posted on that thread.

dark blue dot/star = new posts since you were last there

gray dot/star = no new posts since you were last there.

pretty easy.

I can't even see the dots and stars that are not dark.

26 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I can't even see the dots and stars that are not dark.

I'm sorry, my brain doesn't get it....do you mean you only see grayed out ones?  Or you only see dark ones?

For example, in this sample, I see 2 dark stars, 1 grayed star, 3 dark dots and.....hmmm no grayed dots

image.thumb.png.c0cfab4a53c1d7b990bc12b13ddc8372.png

Edited by Shmoo here

On 10/26/2018 at 8:58 AM, webecruzin2 said:

Even the list of cruise lines is now in a horizontal alphabetical format.  What?  Why?  

I too find this annoying to have to scroll past pages of titles to get to the one I want to see. I have tried to find a way to Collapse all of the sub-forums and just see the main headers - Ports of Call, etc. I asked in both the Help and Report Bugs and Glitches Forums, but never got a reply. If someone knows how to get just the main headers of each primary forum to show on the main forum page, please post the answer. Thanks.

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I too find this annoying to have to scroll past pages of titles to get to the one I want to see. I have tried to find a way to Collapse all of the sub-forums and just see the main headers - Ports of Call, etc. I asked in both the Help and Report Bugs and Glitches Forums, but never got a reply. If someone knows how to get just the main headers of each primary forum to show on the main forum page, please post the answer. Thanks.

It was the same on the old format.  Some forms were expanded as the default.  Others weren't.  

11 hours ago, gnome12 said:

The greyed dots and stars are virtually invisible. If you actually SEE the dot or star, there are unread posts.

On my phone I see gray stars, but not gray dots. Either way, I've already read the thread

I’m leaving too. Sad thing is there is no way to remove myself so they will count me as a subscriber when selling to advertisers. They forgot we are both content creators and end customers and are catering to advertisers. Sorry to see that Cruise Critic has lost its way

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

It was the same on the old format.  Some forms were expanded as the default.  Others weren't.  

I see most all of the forums expanded now. On the app, most were collapsed. It was easy to scroll down 1-2 screens, click to expand the forum I wanted (Ports, Cruise Lines A-M, etc), then click the sub-forum I wanted (Alaska, Carnival, etc.). Now I have to scroll multiple pages to find what I want. Most sites offer an option to expand / Collapse each section. Maybe this one does too, but I haven’t found it so far.