No World Series on Viking Star!

Kruzkrazy

The Series is not being shown at any venue on the ship even though the big screen by the pool would be perfect. Can't even get it on stateroom TV. This is a major disappointment. What are they thinking? Can VO really be so out of touch with their own customers? 

Yeah I am sure all the Australians, English, Canadian and others such as non-baseball fans are very disappointed...Viking must be nuts Another reason I love Viking is that you can get away from professional sports culture and enjoy more intellectual pursuits.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TruJeffie said:

Yeah I am sure all the Australians, English, Canadian and others such as non-baseball fans are very disappointed...Viking must be nuts Another reason I love Viking is that you can get away from professional sports culture and enjoy more intellectual pursuits.

Totally agree for shorter cruises, but no football for 4 months on the World Cruise, I might be in withdrawal !!!

Hoping to see a few English & Scottish Premier matches, don't expect games on the big screen by the pool, as not everyone is interested, but hoping to watch a few matches on the cabin telly. 

I feel your pain!  On the World Cruise we did not get the Alabama/Georgia National Championship Game.  I asked Cruise Director Heather Clancy why not and she asked me if I wanted to pay $100K to watch a football game and I said I thought I already had!  Lots and lots of cricket and soccer (aka "football").  In all fairness, they did show the NFL stuff.  Who cares?  Roll Tide!!!😎:classic_biggrin:

We're currently on the Star, and while there's no MLB or NFL, Sky Sports (whatever that is) did carry one NCAA game. Unfortunately it was between Kansas (3-5) and TCU (3-5).   My XM satellite  radio won't even allow me to listen to NFL and MLB play by play because the southern Caribbean is apparently an "unauthorized geography".  

Otherwise we're having a great cruise.

Edited by Baron Barracuda

I might be reading too much into some of the replies, but don't understand the "hostility" by some on this topic.  The pool screen uses wireless headsets and what someone watches in their room won't "bother" anyone.  It's been a great World Series.  It was a great World Cup with the UK surprising many.  I'm glad I got to see both.  Will be on the World Cruise for the Super Bowl, but in the Beagle Channel, so doubt availability of satellite coverage.  I figure this guarantees my favorite team will be playing.  (Oh the sacrifices I'm making.)  On the other hand--Glad the Jayhawks won.     

20 hours ago, Homosassa said:

My husband and I would not even notice that football, baseball, basketball, etc.; wasn't being shown on a cruise.

We don't watch at home so why do we need it on a cruise? 

I guess Viking is very much in touch with its customer base.

DITTO!!!

17 hours ago, eylarson said:

I might be reading too much into some of the replies, but don't understand the "hostility" by some on this topic.  The pool screen uses wireless headsets and what someone watches in their room won't "bother" anyone.  It's been a great World Series.  It was a great World Cup with the UK surprising many.  I'm glad I got to see both.  Will be on the World Cruise for the Super Bowl, but in the Beagle Channel, so doubt availability of satellite coverage.  I figure this guarantees my favorite team will be playing.  (Oh the sacrifices I'm making.)  On the other hand--Glad the Jayhawks won.     

Perfectly fine to watch this in your stateroom but don’t see why we all need to watch on country’s sport dominate the pool screen. Any country and not just US. I wouldn’t want to see soccer, or cricket, or any other sport. 

Edited by Pushka

I find what you folks are saying here surprising. When we were on the Sky cruising in the Gulf last January and NFL was in the midst of the games before the Super Bowl, they certainly made sure we got to watch them. Both weekends. In fact they made sure we were served appropriate grub too (very good grub btw). They showed one game in the Star Theater and the other on the main pool deck. Could it be because we were getting the games live and it was pretty easy to get them? When I watched one of the games on the Pool deck people were annoyed and made their thoughts known about the initial technical issues with the sound (picture but no sound). But they fixed it pretty quickly and we gave the crew a grateful cheer.