Canary Island Cruise?

phabric

1 hour ago, BigGuy25 said:

A voyage to the Canaries out of Southampton just returned a week or so ago. Likely you’ll get someone on that cruise to respond and give you the info you need.

Just back from that cruise out of Southampton on the Sapphire. We had to miss Madeira due to the tail end of a hurricane. I don't know what it is with the Sapphire but it was the most rock and roll sailing we have experienced on a cruise ship and we have been on many of the grand class. Hey Ho that's cruising.

2 hours ago, Ron the Rev said:

Just back from that cruise out of Southampton on the Sapphire. We had to miss Madeira due to the tail end of a hurricane. I don't know what it is with the Sapphire but it was the most rock and roll sailing we have experienced on a cruise ship and we have been on many of the grand class. Hey Ho that's cruising.

Maybe because the sailing went over the Bay of Biscay , a roller coaster of a sea certain times of the year , 

Vowed never to go over BoB beginning or end of the year .....BoB by name and BoB by nature ....

Yes, we did it 4 years ago on the Emerald Princess.  We ended up doing to ports out of order due to a forming hurricane in the area and also experienced a tropical storm in Tenerife where we really should not have stopped due to severe flooding that left everyone who got off the ship that day with stories.  Loved Madeira.  Probably wouldn't do the trip again but it was different enough that I don't regret going there.

42 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, we did it 4 years ago on the Emerald Princess.  We ended up doing to ports out of order due to a forming hurricane in the area and also experienced a tropical storm in Tenerife where we really should not have stopped due to severe flooding that left everyone who got off the ship that day with stories.  Loved Madeira.  Probably wouldn't do the trip again but it was different enough that I don't regret going there.

We are on the Sky Med cruise next year.  The 2020 cruises will be coming out soon and I was thinking of which cruise to book.  I have done many Caribbean, 4 - Alaska,  2 - Scandinavia capitals, 2 - Norwegian Fjords, 2 - British Isles cruises.

I was wondering if the Canary Island cruises would be interesting to do.

We just got off the October Canary Islands cruise. Ironically the bay of biscay was as smooth as anything, the bad seas were prior to that! 

To the OP - was there anything specific you wanted to know? There is a similar cruise next October but missing Lisbon at the end which is a great pity as I think it is one of the best ports. 

We were on the Sapphire and I must say I think it is my least favourite of the Princess ships I have sailed on.

Looking at the OPs question, we did it as we live in the UK and it is a quick trip to Southampton. I would not waste the air fare to do this cruise. Madeira and Lisbon are excellent ports, the others (IMO) are just filling gaps!

Edited by downsmead
Updated

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

We just got off the October Canary Islands cruise. Ironically the bay of biscay was as smooth as anything, the bad seas were prior to that! 

To the OP - was there anything specific you wanted to know? There is a similar cruise next October but missing Lisbon at the end which is a great pity as I think it is one of the best ports. 

We were on the Sapphire and I must say I think it is my least favourite of the Princess ships I have sailed on.

Looking at the OPs question, we did it as we live in the UK and it is a quick trip to Southampton. I would not waste the air fare to do this cruise. Madeira and Lisbon are excellent ports, the others (IMO) are just filling gaps!

Thanks that is what I was looking for.