Financing Options

Nanarrow

Now that we are seeing the financing options when looking to book new cruises, do you believe that RCL will eventually go to a financing only structure, and do away with customers making payments on their balances with no added charges? 

I set up a financial spreadsheet on my computer for bills, any cruises I am paying off, i set up my own personal payment plan after deposit. I normally will use the other acct for the payments so they are not coming out of the household acct. i work out what are comfortable payments based upon the amounts I put toward a cruise. I also try and pay off  in 2 to 3 large payments. This will depend on your income etc. I try to get the final payment under $2,000 and will call into my TA when I wish her to call the cruise line to run final which is normally 1 to 2 months early. Recently I have booked a cruise or two since 2014 so haven't built up the other acct. 

This option may appeal to anyone booking last minute.  Anyone who books ahead of time and uses this option is a fool.  

Even if Royal did away with accepting additional payments ahead of time it is very easy to open a separate savings account, make payments to that then the funds will be there at final.

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This option may appeal to anyone booking last minute.  Anyone who books ahead of time and uses this option is a fool.  

Even if Royal did away with accepting additional payments ahead of time it is very easy to open a separate savings account, make payments to that then the funds will be there at final.

I agree, there are a lot of people out there that would do this just because they don't know any better. It seems a stretch that they would take a deposit a year early and then accept no other payments until the final payment date unless they were made under the financing plan and I don't see them going to a pay in full up front when you book the cruise model even if you book a year in advance.

14 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I set up a financial spreadsheet on my computer for bills, any cruises I am paying off, i set up my own personal payment plan after deposit. I normally will use the other acct for the payments so they are not coming out of the household acct. i work out what are comfortable payments based upon the amounts I put toward a cruise. I also try and pay off  in 2 to 3 large payments. This will depend on your income etc. I try to get the final payment under $2,000 and will call into my TA when I wish her to call the cruise line to run final which is normally 1 to 2 months early. Recently I have booked a cruise or two since 2014 so haven't built up the other acct. 

I think you misunderstood my post. However I am sure your experience would be helpful information for a new cruiser.

How would they charge interest for money that is not yet owed?????

But, I still don't see the value in making payments.  But the money into a separate money market account and earn a small amount of interest.

And then pay with a credit card (for the points) and then pay the bill with the money market account.

And if I need to finance, why not pay with a card, using a 0% interest deal or transfer to a 0% interest deal.

• Like 2