NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - Revitalized!

eroller

31 minutes ago, eroller said:

These ships have always had aft cabins, but they don't extend to the very edge of the deck like in the rendering.  They are recessed, and the ship structure is still behind them.  Perhaps they are extending the balconies all the way back I don't know?  

But there's no superstructure, can't be possible.  I'm puzzled.

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

But there's no superstructure, can't be possible.  I'm puzzled.

Here is an aft picture of the ship.  There are cabins all back there, but the balconies don't extend all the way aft to the superstructure of the ship.  So you might consider them partially obstructed.    I also included a view of the deck plan for reference.  Hopefully that helps you understand it better.  

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.01.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.03.51 PM.png

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I cannot believe how they are destroying the fitness center.

It's one of the best at sea, especially with those great changing rooms with the free mens and women's steam/sauna.  Those days are history unfortunately.  It's the one change with the ship I really don't like.  

12 minutes ago, firfightergreg said:

I love Navigator and I'm sailing on her in Feb.  Super excited.  

Wait is the Feb 24th sailing the first one out of dry dock?  What are the chances of things being delayed?  

Yes that is her first cruise out of dry dock (Feb 24th).  I think it's a very slim chance the ship will be delayed, but I think it's almost a 100% chance there will still be work going on around the ship during your cruise, and that certain new features (such as the slides) might not be fully operational yet.  

39 minutes ago, eroller said:

Is that from a Royal Caribbean website, or 3rd party or different country than US?  I've looked at the deck plans on the Royal Caribbean website (all date ranges) and mine doesn't show that.  I even tried different web browsers.  Anyway thanks for posting.  That mystery is solved.  I just knew it could not all fit in that small space.  

On the Royal Caribbean US website. Had to clear my cookies. Decks 11 and 12 are the only ones that show the post dry dock changes.

2 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

On the Royal Caribbean US website. Had to clear my cookies. Decks 11 and 12 are the only ones that show the post dry dock changes.

Thank you for that.  

I am seeing post dry-dock changes on other decks.  My deck plans are showing To Dry For and the Bamboo Room on Deck 5, and Hooked Seafood and Starbucks on Deck 4.   I believe these are all new venues from this upcoming dry-dock.   

1 minute ago, eroller said:

Thank you for that.  

I am seeing post dry-dock changes on other decks.  My deck plans are showing To Dry For and the Bamboo Room on Deck 5, and Hooked Seafood and Starbucks on Deck 4.   I believe these are all new venues from this upcoming dry-dock.   

Any chance you could post screenshots of decks 4 and 5?

4 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Any chance you could post screenshots of decks 4 and 5?

Sure.  I think it's so odd we are seeing different things all from the same Royal Caribbean website.  

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.34.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.35.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.35.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.35.36 PM.png

10 minutes ago, eroller said:

Sure.  I think it's so odd we are seeing different things all from the same Royal Caribbean website.  

Actually, that is quite normal for RC's website.

41 minutes ago, eroller said:

Here is an aft picture of the ship.  There are cabins all back there, but the balconies don't extend all the way aft to the superstructure of the ship.  So you might consider them partially obstructed.    I also included a view of the deck plan for reference.  Hopefully that helps you understand it better.  

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.01.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 7.03.51 PM.png

I've had aft cabins on V class ships. Very familiar.  The pics on the website are very misleading.

“Head to El Loco Fresh℠ for crazy good tacos'”

Interesting.   Anyone know more about this? Is this a paid for food location or included with the cruise fare?

Very excited to see Hooked on the ship as well. Do you need to make reservations for hooked like specially restaurants or can you just walk in

Dan

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Actually, that is quite normal for RC's website.

It definitely should not be that way, but we know they suffer from some severe technology challenges.  I always find that a bit odd since they are so forward thinking, and usually get it right with the execution of new concepts.  But they struggle from a dated technology platform that can't keep up and is inefficient.  

13 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Thanks so much @eroller.

Interesting to see the DL move to deck 5. I would imagine that the SL is taking its place up on deck 14. Izumi is up there as well.

Yes that makes sense, although on my deck plans at least, the DL is still showing on on Deck 14 in the Viking Crown.  Yours may differ of course!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

“Head to El Loco Fresh℠ for crazy good tacos'”

Interesting.   Anyone know more about this? Is this a paid for food location or included with the cruise fare?

Very excited to see Hooked on the ship as well. Do you need to make reservations for hooked like specially restaurants or can you just walk in

Dan

El Loco Fresh was introduced on Symphony. I believe it is included in your cruise fare.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

We love the Navigator.

Nice to see the new plans...perhaps they should make sure to permanently fix the hole down on deck 2.

You have peaked my curiosity.  What is the hole down on Deck 2?  

Edited by eroller

Again they found a new place to add significantly more cabins, now on deck 11 forward taking away the outer decks and peak-a-view bridge as deck 14 forward cabins have already been added during last dry dock. When will this end? Other cruise lines like Crystal even decrease the amount of cabins to improve quality for guests.

6 hours ago, eroller said:

You have peaked my curiosity.  What is the hole down on Deck 2?  

Google Navigator for current news and details.

Azipod had "technical" problem resulting in a hole down on deck 2...ship took in water and had an emergency stop in Vigo, Spain.

She is now heading back to Southampton.

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Google Navigator for current news and details.

Azipod had "technical" problem resulting in a hole down on deck 2...ship took in water and had an emergency stop in Vigo, Spain.

She is now heading back to Southampton.

Thanks for the info.  I recall reading about Azipod problems, but I had no idea is resulted in a hole.  WOW!

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Again they found a new place to add significantly more cabins, now on deck 11 forward taking away the outer decks and peak-a-view bridge as deck 14 forward cabins have already been added during last dry dock. When will this end? Other cruise lines like Crystal even decrease the amount of cabins to improve quality for guests.

I agree it's getting to be too much, and they are getting greedy.  This is how Carnival does their refits (adding decks of cabins and removing entire lounges to add cabins), and I like to think Royal Caribbean is a bit more thoughtful and balanced.  They are pushing the envelope with those cabins on Deck 11 forward.  It was a prime spot for the fitness center and spa.  It's unfortunate but hopefully the rest of the refit will make up for it, and at least the new fitness center will still have ocean views.