Didn’t believe in upgrade fairies

DocJohnB

But I do now.  Received an email from HAL this afternoon that informed me of an cabin upgrade I had received. 

I had booked into a cat HH (outside - completely obstructed view) (cabin 3425 on the lower promenade).  I have been reassigned to a cat E (outside)(cabin 1924 on the dolphin deck).  It is right near the aft elevators, but I don’t see this as a problem. 

Not or sure of the upgrade process, but I like it!!! 😃😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DocJohnB said:

Received an email from HAL this afternoon that informed me of an cabin upgrade I had received. ... Not sure of the upgrade process, but I like it!!! 😃 😃

47 minutes ago, School library lady said:

We paid for a VF guaranteed cabin. Got our assignment today and it’s a VB cabin in the aft of the ship close to the elevators. Don’t know if HAL considers that an upgrade, but I do!!!

Congrats on the upgrade assignments. Enjoy! 👍🏻

56 minutes ago, School library lady said:

We paid for a VF guaranteed cabin. Got our assignment today and it’s a VB cabin in the aft of the ship close to the elevators. Don’t know if HAL considers that an upgrade, but I do!!!

3 hours ago, DocJohnB said:

But I do now.  Received an email from HAL this afternoon that informed me of an cabin upgrade I had received. 

I had booked into a cat HH (outside - completely obstructed view) (cabin 3425 on the lower promenade).  I have been reassigned to a cat E (outside)(cabin 1924 on the dolphin deck).  It is right near the aft elevators, but I don’t see this as a problem. 

Not or sure of the upgrade process, but I like it!!! 😃😃

Excellent news 😄 

Congratulations and hope you enjoy them to the fullest 😄 

34 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Congratulations!  When is your cruise?  Did you book directly with HAL?

As I type this, I sit in my room overlooking the San Diego Harbor, I just debate what time I will leave in the a.m. for the Volendam.

i did NOT book through HAL.  I have used the same T/A for 20 years and just would not do it any other way. 

WOW, so you received the email a day ahead. 🧚‍♂️  Very nice!

We also book through a TA.  Was your email from TA or directly from HAL.  I am not sure I would want to be upgraded without them first asking me.  

Edited by Iamthesea

11 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

We also book through a TA.  Was your email from TA or directly from HAL.  I am not sure I would want to be upgraded without them first asking me.  

11 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I normally mark my reservation "do not upgrade" for this reason.  HAL still contacts me for "upsell" offers though, which gives me the option of approving the cabin prior to accepting the upgrade.