Ordering Luggage Tags

mfrc

I maybe a bit confused.  I have a pdf file with our luggage tag, name and room number on it.  I'll just print as many copies as I need and stuff them into the sleeves I have for cruising.  Is there a different process that everyone is having trouble with?

3 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I maybe a bit confused.  I have a pdf file with our luggage tag, name and room number on it.  I'll just print as many copies as I need and stuff them into the sleeves I have for cruising.  Is there a different process that everyone is having trouble with?

If you are in the US, you can request for luggage tags to be mailed to you.  These are very sturdy and has stickies on them and all you need to do is put them around handles or anything that you can loop around.  We order these for all of our Celebrity cruises.  They are the same material as what the folks at the port put on your luggages if you don't already have tags on them.  The folks at the port just write onto the blank space.  We will be getting these blank ones in mail as their system that pre-prints our information is not working currently.

4 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

If you are in the US, you can request for luggage tags to be mailed to you.  These are very sturdy and has stickies on them and all you need to do is put them around handles or anything that you can loop around.  We order these for all of our Celebrity cruises.  They are the same material as what the folks at the port put on your luggages if you don't already have tags on them.  The folks at the port just write onto the blank space.  We will be getting these blank ones in mail as their system that pre-prints our information is not working currently.

Ah!  I see!  I've never cruised on Celebrity before, just Royal, so I am accustomed to plain paper tags.  I bought these nice clear plastic sleeves on Amazon, so I just fold them up, slide them in and go.  Since they have little steel cables they aren't getting yanked off for anything.  But I see the appeal in having better than paper and not having to buy anything else.

Thanks for explaining it!

51 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

I requested tags, and received them Tuesday. They were the printed ones with our names and cabin numbers. I don't know when the blank rumor started. Anyone receive blanks or was this misinformation by a celebrity rep?

9 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I requested tags, and received them Tuesday. They were the printed ones with our names and cabin numbers. I don't know when the blank rumor started. Anyone receive blanks or was this misinformation by a celebrity rep?

I ordered our luggage tags 2 weeks ago and nothing was received.  I called Captain's Club this week and I was told that their system was down and was unable to print names and that she would mail me the blank ones.  

16 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

I ordered our luggage tags 2 weeks ago and nothing was received.  I called Captain's Club this week and I was told that their system was down and was unable to print names and that she would mail me the blank ones.  

I'll be curious to hear what you actually receive. I called and ordered mine, then just for giggles also ordered them online. I received two separate mailings of pre-printed tags with our names and cabin number 6 days later, this past Monday.  X is certainly consistent with its inconsistency! 

On 11/3/2018 at 8:36 AM, Luvcrusn said:

I'll be curious to hear what you actually receive. I called and ordered mine, then just for giggles also ordered them online. I received two separate mailings of pre-printed tags with our names and cabin number 6 days later, this past Monday.  X is certainly consistent with its inconsistency! 

2 sets of luggage tags arrived in one envelope today, with printed names and cabin info.  Gotta love Celebrity.  Our conclusion is that the ones we ordered online went into a black hole since it has been 3 weeks and the ones we just received came from last week's call to Captain's Club.

Edited by CEOofVacation

Once again X is consistently inconsistent! I used to order them online and then wait and wait and then call. Now I call to order them as soon as they become available. Sometimes, as I said, I also order online as well. I also always do everything on the website using an InPrivate window and most times have no problems. Whenever I try anything without doing that it doesn't work.

9 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Once again X is consistently inconsistent! I used to order them online and then wait and wait and then call. Now I call to order them as soon as they become available. Sometimes, as I said, I also order online as well. I also always do everything on the website using an InPrivate window and most times have no problems. Whenever I try anything without doing that it doesn't work.

After I ordered 2 sets online, that function became greyed out so I could not order more.  The issue was that nothing got sent out to us.  I will continue to try the online function for future cruises and wait 2 weeks and if I don't receive anything I will call Captain's Club.  Maybe I am insane but I keep hoping that ONE day Celebrity online system will work as intended.

1 hour ago, CEOofVacation said:

After I ordered 2 sets online, that function became greyed out so I could not order more.  The issue was that nothing got sent out to us.  I will continue to try the online function for future cruises and wait 2 weeks and if I don't receive anything I will call Captain's Club.  Maybe I am insane but I keep hoping that ONE day Celebrity online system will work as intended.

A psychologist friend told me jokingly a long time ago that the classic definition of insanity is when you continually do the same thing and expect a different outcome.  I try to always remember that when dealing with the X website! When ordering luggage tags I now call first. I'm glad to hear you actually received the printed tags. Have a great cruise. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lais said:

What’s the big deal with the luggage tags?    They are always available at the pier.  

Having pre-printed luggage tags means having the ability to attach them to the luggages before getting to the pier.  You can attach a couple to each piece of luggage securely, and with the correct names and room.  No need to wait in line.  Lots of pluses and no negatives.  You may not care but many of us do and it is another thing to get out of the way beforehand. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

Having pre-printed luggage tags means having the ability to attach them to the luggages before getting to the pier.  You can attach a couple to each piece of luggage securely, and with the correct names and room.  No need to wait in line.  Lots of pluses and no negatives.  You may not care but many of us do and it is another thing to get out of the way beforehand. 

Thanks.  

Called the Captains Club, and they could see that had requested the luggage tags, but could not explain why I had not received them.  They are manually processing, so hopefully I will receive those..

13 minutes ago, DENIE said:

Called the Captains Club, and they could see that had requested the luggage tags, but could not explain why I had not received them.  They are manually processing, so hopefully I will receive those..

You will. I've always received them within seven days of making the call. 

Thanks for this thread!  The website is so buggy that i can't even find where to order them and after reading this it sounds like i might not even get them if ordered online.  I just called and they are sending them.  Took less than a minute to talk to someone and get them ordered.  I like having them ahead of time, before getting to the pier.  

Lots of luck getting luggage tags.  I leave Sunday, November 19th.  I requested tags online when they became available.  Nothing appeared in the mail.  I called the Captain's Club about 2 1/2 weeks ago, no luggage tags.  I know I can get them at the pier, but some of us like the assurance of making sure the tags are correct and attaching them to out luggage before we get to the pier.  As a previous poster said:  "Celebrity is consistently inconsistent."

I might add, the web site is is probably the worst commercial web site in existence.  They need to blow it up and start all over. 

I ordered mine through the website as an experiment and they arrived just as advertised without names and cabin number and status.

Even though mine worked, I can't argue about the problems with Celebrity's (and Royal Caribbean's) web sites.  I understand they're trying to "modernize" them to make them more mobile device friendly, but more beta testing would go a long way.

1 hour ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I ordered mine through the website as an experiment and they arrived just as advertised without names and cabin number and status.

Even though mine worked, I can't argue about the problems with Celebrity's (and Royal Caribbean's) web sites.  I understand they're trying to "modernize" them to make them more mobile device friendly, but more beta testing would go a long way.

I know of another website that isn't... well lets just say needs more beta testing. 😉

Edited by davekathy