Your Top 3

More intensive reports on ports, not just excursions in ports.

What to look for coming into port. Landmarks. Getting on and off the ship. Tender issues. Type of berth. Public transport. Local customs. Local prices. Best shopping. Local climate. Best time of year to avoid crowds and/or bad weather. Where not to go.

Also, just for me, updates every now and then on the progress of the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

More intensive reports on ports, not just excursions in ports.

What to look for coming into port. Landmarks. Getting on and off the ship. Tender issues. Type of berth. Public transport. Local customs. Local prices. Best shopping. Local climate. Best time of year to avoid crowds and/or bad weather. Where not to go.

Also, just for me, updates every now and then on the progress of the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal. :classic_biggrin:

Great feedback, thanks Sinbad! 

Edited by CruiseCriticAUeditor

5 hours ago, CruiseCriticAUeditor said:

Hi cruisers

What are the top 3 things you like/want to read about on Cruise Critic?

More ship reviews, cabin info, drinks, deals, dining, other onboard advice, interviews, industry news, packing tips, shore excursions, what else to do/eat/drink/see/buy in port....anything else...?

I would like;

1. live cruise threads,
  2. industry news especially if it is concerning Aussie cruisers and the ships coming here and
  3. general port information, especially as roll calls don't seem to be as popular for many of the cruises.
  • Like 1

Generally, I don't think things are too bad. I would however like much much much less of threads on Dress Codes, Coffee Cards, Bringing water on board, What's on MUTS, What's the weather going to be like in say Jan. 2013 in the Pacific?, Who's the Cruise Director on... but that is just a whinge of mine.

Definitely like some info on ships refurb, especially those sailing out of Aust.  Also do enjoy reading reviews as views can vary greatly, so getting a broad range of feedback is a good thing.   Also just general tips on hidden gems on ships eg great reading spots, hanging out spots.  

Cheers V

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CruiseCriticAUeditor said:

I can't decide if that's two or four, but thank you 🙂 

Maths was never my strong suit.  Seriously I’d love more info on disability access locally especially things to do in each port when you (or in our case Mrs Gut) have to manhandle a wheelchair that ma6 way 30-40kg

2 hours ago, Kangakid said:

Definitely like some info on ships refurb, especially those sailing out of Aust.  Also do enjoy reading reviews as views can vary greatly, so getting a broad range of feedback is a good thing.   Also just general tips on hidden gems on ships eg great reading spots, hanging out spots.  

Cheers V

Yeah I like that we are sailing anirwegian Jewel in a few weeks, but no idea what the recent dry dock was about. (other than adding some USB ports in cabins).

I would say- 

1- Current food menus 

2- Photos onboard

3- Current bar menus

I feel a lot of people would love to see these to get a feel for what’s like if they are planning a cruise and also to get excited! No matter how much you search online all that you can ever find is from US based ships which is not relevant here or it is extremely out of date. 

35 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Maths was never my strong suit.  Seriously I’d love more info on disability access locally especially things to do in each port when you (or in our case Mrs Gut) have to manhandle a wheelchair that ma6 way 30-40kg

Don't forget to add the weight sitting in the chair.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Thought that’s how I got it upto 40?.🤪😋

40 kg  hmmm ..your right ...maths is not your strong point 😁.       How about a story about the best check in agent at the OPT .....and why I am  😂😂 

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

40 kg  hmmm ..your right ...maths is not your strong point 😁.       How about a story about the best check in agent at the OPT .....and why I am  😂😂 

You are definitely up there but that is my opinion not Gut's.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Best check in agent??

that girl from Princess woulD get my vote.

though when we went on Solstice last year had a good one at the wheelchair check in.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, joybook said:

Generally, I don't think things are too bad. I would however like much much much less of threads on Dress Codes, Coffee Cards, Bringing water on board, What's on MUTS, What's the weather going to be like in say Jan. 2013 in the Pacific?, Who's the Cruise Director on... but that is just a whinge of mine.

I agree with your post, but I find mostly the annoying repetitive posts on the subjects you list are not here on the Aus/NZ board, or even the ports of call (AUS/NZ) board, but on the specific cruise-line boards eg RCI, where i visit. On  my 'whinge' list is also chair hogs and rum runner threads.

With just a couple of exceptions, I find our little community here to be a great bunch, with considered, sensible & informative comments, a good dose of humour, and apart from pies, mostly stay some what on topic 🙂

• Like 1

You are correct of course Mr Walker but as the op was referring to CC generally I thought I would just mention those issues. Another one of course is the continual issue of gratuities which over the years becomes quite boring, even for those American citizens. Yes I agree that there is not too much to complain about on the Aus/NZ section of CC.  I am generally a Princess cruiser and one thing I wish they were able to do would be to look at some new itineraries in and around Australia. Being from Sydney I would love to see a cruise, round trip from Sydney that took in Adelaide and Kangaroo Island. I think I have seen them from Melbourne but not from Sydney. That of course is just a wish of mine.

1 hour ago, joybook said:

You are correct of course Mr Walker but as the op was referring to CC generally I thought I would just mention those issues. Another one of course is the continual issue of gratuities which over the years becomes quite boring, even for those American citizens. Yes I agree that there is not too much to complain about on the Aus/NZ section of CC.  I am generally a Princess cruiser and one thing I wish they were able to do would be to look at some new itineraries in and around Australia. Being from Sydney I would love to see a cruise, round trip from Sydney that took in Adelaide and Kangaroo Island. I think I have seen them from Melbourne but not from Sydney. That of course is just a wish of mine.

I’d like that too HAL have one next January, trying to work out if we can do it.

Maybe I have to become a bit more flexible with my cruise lines. One tends to get stuck in a rut and I have (except for one cruise with the family) stayed with Princess, but if they can't deliver on my expectations maybe I need to look elsewhere.