Cyber Event (November 20 – December 3, 2018)

Coral

• 6 months later...

I booked a 14-day carib cruise in Nov. 2018 for a Nov. 2019 cruise with OBC and free grats for $1.00 (each) refundable deposit.  If my cruise has gone done in price, do you think I could keep my  booking with the OBC and free grats.  

You get to keep your booking just as it is! If you mean, keep your promotions AND get the reduction in price, the answer would be no. Re-faring when you have a refundable (or $1!) deposit is actually an instantaneous cancellation/rebooking. Old perks are lost and new ones apply. Also you would be needing to pay whatever the difference of $1 and the current required deposit is, immediately.

I just refared two cabins to get included gratuities and some OBC. The room rates went up for each of the first two passengers in the cabins, which was about equivalent to the OBC, so for me it was worth it for "free" grats. The new promotion also had reduced deposit, but my PVP did not offer to refund the difference! (What I paid applies to the new total, though, of course.)

This is the opposite of your situation, but illustrates the principle.

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

You get to keep your booking just as it is! If you mean, keep your promotions AND get the reduction in price, the answer would be no. Re-faring when you have a refundable (or $1!) deposit is actually an instantaneous cancellation/rebooking. Old perks are lost and new ones apply. Also you would be needing to pay whatever the difference of $1 and the current required deposit is, immediately.

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep my booking as is.  I don't have to do final payment in August.  So the $1 deposit is good.  

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I had a booking under $1 deposit. I re-fared it several times and I was never required to pay the current deposit.

35 minutes ago, Coral said:

I had a booking under $1 deposit. I re-fared it several times and I was never required to pay the current deposit.

I would be concerned about losing my OBC and free grats if I re-fared.

8 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

I would be concerned about losing my OBC and free grats if I re-fared.

I often changed promos to get more OBC and also free grats.

You just have to look at each promo and make a decision. One year I gave up $1000 OBC for a $1100 reduction. Rather have a cheaper cruise than OBC.