What's Your Favorite Drink?

wizard-of-roz

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, Bill B said:

I spent $68.99 per day on a beverage package... and only had three drinks. :classic_wink:

I've purchased four drinking packages for our crew [for a 15 day cruise, you know how expensive this was], I'm committed to drinking every day.......And, have no objections to making sure they are top line, as well as specialty coffee,  bottled water and anything else.  I do have some "drinkers" with me.  I love getting a drink while I'm in the theatre and I'll be encouraging those in my group to do the same!  I do plan on getting my monies worth!

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, TwoCruisers said:

I only seldom drink beer, but my wife likes an Iron Butterfly.

Ingredients:

- 1 shot Vodka

- 1 shot Kahlua

- 1 shot bailey’s Irish Cream

Pour vodka over ice in an old-fashioned glass. Add kahlua and irish cream, and stir. Garnish with 1 - 3 optional filbert nuts.

This sounds good......I love Kahlua.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Tingaling0 said:

Totally agree with a twist is the way too go. Has spoiled the old Gin and tonic for me though!! We sail next March counting the days!!

I love to sit in a lounge, with a  good drink and ask for a plate of olives.  You will get every kind of olive that they use for every kind of drink.......such a tasty snack!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I used to schlep 12 cans of caffeine free diet coke until I either purchased the ultimate drink package or booked a "sip & sail" cruise and don't bring anything onboard.  Makes my load a lot lighter. 

I know what you mean about schlepping soda.  The diet coke I get on board.  I do carry one or two diet Sunkist with me.  It has caffeine too.  So I either can have the coke or the Sunkist. 

My winter cruises I just might bring some caffeine free coke with me instead of the Sunkist.  I don't like Sprite 0.  There are only two kinds of diet soda on board.  The Coke and a Sprite.  The Coke I will drink, but one per day.

I bring some soda because Princess does not have what I like.  I don't drink any beer, wine or mixed drinks, so the drink package is not for me.  I don't mind paying for soda, I just wish there was more of a choice for my second can (caffeine free) of the day (if I have a second)

16 hours ago, lynn247 said:

Oh, my. That sounds like a drink I would love. But I don't see myself going to Hawaii any time soon. I wonder if they'll be able make it on a Caribbean cruise 

13 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I know what you mean about schlepping soda.  The diet coke I get on board.  I do carry one or two diet Sunkist with me.  It has caffeine too.  So I either can have the coke or the Sunkist. 

My winter cruises I just might bring some caffeine free coke with me instead of the Sunkist.  I don't like Sprite 0.  There are only two kinds of diet soda on board.  The Coke and a Sprite.  The Coke I will drink, but one per day.

I bring some soda because Princess does not have what I like.  I don't drink any beer, wine or mixed drinks, so the drink package is not for me.  I don't mind paying for soda, I just wish there was more of a choice for my second can (caffeine free) of the day (if I have a second)

I'm not much of a drinker myself but with a drink package, I will try a little of this, a little of that and only have to watch that I'm not doing my sampling in excess of 15 drinks per day!

2 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I'm not much of a drinker myself but with a drink package, I will try a little of this, a little of that and only have to watch that I'm not doing my sampling in excess of 15 drinks per day!

It would work real well for sampling.  But alas poor me, I don't even sample. ( well, maybe a sip every 3 to 5 years or so).

27 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

It would work real well for sampling.  But alas poor me, I don't even sample. ( well, maybe a sip every 3 to 5 years or so).

I don't think "alas poor me" at all. Stick with your current method. :classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't think "alas poor me" at all. Stick with your current method. :classic_biggrin:

You are right.  The migraines that I get from any adult drink not worth it.   And the heart palpitations  from too much caffeine is not worth that second can of Coke or Sunkist.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:30 PM, queensquared said:

Aaaaaaaahhh........the Chairman of the Board! Yum!!!!!

5F7AD167-41E5-4FA2-BC31-436FC818C471.jpeg

After being introduced to the chairman it has become my favorite gin drink.  I still do like a good G&T however.  My other favorite is Knob Creek on the rocks with a glass of water for a chaser or even a nice beer (boilermaker). 

On 11/8/2018 at 9:14 PM, TwoCruisers said:

I only seldom drink beer, but my wife likes an Iron Butterfly.

Ingredients:

- 1 shot Vodka

- 1 shot Kahlua

- 1 shot bailey’s Irish Cream

Pour vodka over ice in an old-fashioned glass. Add kahlua and irish cream, and stir. Garnish with 1 - 3 optional filbert nuts.

This sounds great for after dinner. Thanks for sharing!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 11:10 AM, Thrak said:

==================

Chairman of the Board

3 parts Grey Goose Vodka
3 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 part Cointreau
Chilled over ice and strained

Seems strange to combine Gin and Vodka - especially choosing Grey Goose, I would have thought the Gin flavor would drown the Vodka ??

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Seems strange to combine Gin and Vodka - especially choosing Grey Goose, I would have thought the Gin flavor would drown the Vodka ??

It's actually quite good. Neither the vodka nor the gin overpowers the other. The Cointreau makes it perfect. I think it's terrible with olives (although some like it that way) but great with a twist - especially if the bartender rims the glass with the twist and then really gives it a great big twist over the top of the liquor before dropping it in. Chris in Wheelhouse on Emerald last October consistently made the very best ones I have ever had.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, Dreamer115 said:

Do they serve this on Princess as well as Norwegian?

It's not a Princess drink....or a secret! lol  Just as your bartender!! (and it's healthy...it has a banana in it!  0_0  )

On 12/22/2018 at 9:30 PM, Thrak said:

It's actually quite good. Neither the vodka nor the gin overpowers the other. The Cointreau makes it perfect. I think it's terrible with olives (although some like it that way) but great with a twist - especially if the bartender rims the glass with the twist and then really gives it a great big twist over the top of the liquor before dropping it in. Chris in Wheelhouse on Emerald last October consistently made the very best ones I have ever had.

Thanks Thrak - Alaska in May so might give it a try !