What's Your Favorite Drink?

wizard-of-roz

On my last cruise a suggestion was made to order a "Kiss On The Lips"......It was amazingly wonderful, I ordered one and everyone in my group did too.  We would order one every chance we got it was so good, and so much fun to ask for!  It's kind of a signature drink onboard Carnival.....does Princess have a signature drink?

I like fruity/sweet drinks that resemble smoothies. 

I'll be onboard the Emerald Princess for 15 days on December 4th and would love any suggestions for a yummy drink.  :classic_rolleyes: 

Just now, wizard-of-roz said:

On my last cruise a suggestion was made to order a "Kiss On The Lips"......It was amazingly wonderful, I ordered one and everyone in my group did too.  We would order one every chance we got it was so good, and so much fun to ask for!  It's kind of a signature drink onboard Carnival.....does Princess have a signature drink?

I'll be onboard the Emerald Princess for 15 days on December 4th and would love any suggestions for a yummy drink.  :classic_rolleyes: 

There's quite a selection of frozen drinks on Princess.  All sorts of daiquiris, margaritas, creamy mixed drinks like dirty banana or chocolate monkey, etc.  

As you'll be doing the Hawaiian cruise - highly, highly recommend the Macadamia Madness:  Coconut rum, chocolate liqueur,  cream, macadamia nuts, ice blended with caramel and topped wirh caramel swirl over whipped cream and sprinkled crushed macadamia nuts. It's buttery caramelly coconuty delicious - without being overly sweet.   

Edited by reedprincess

You may or may not find this on the menu, but the "Chairman of the Board" martini is the best martini ever. Equal portions of Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin and Cointreau. We like it so much we usually custom order on other cruise lines. This is NOT a froo-froo drink with fruit floating in it or a  tiny umbrella. The problem is when we tried to make it at home, it was a hundred dollar visit to the liquor store.

• Like 2

Mine is diet Sunkist ( I bring some on board).  But, while on board Diet Coke.  I drink one can of  caffeine drink per day.

After that it is caffeine free ice tea made with tea bags and hot water at the buffet.  Not very exciting. 

On 11/7/2018 at 6:28 AM, rhblake said:

You may or may not find this on the menu, but the "Chairman of the Board" martini is the best martini ever. Equal portions of Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin and Cointreau. We like it so much we usually custom order on other cruise lines. This is NOT a froo-froo drink with fruit floating in it or a  tiny umbrella. The problem is when we tried to make it at home, it was a hundred dollar visit to the liquor store.

Close but not exactly as it implies that Cointreau is in the same amounts as the other ingredients.

==================

Chairman of the Board

3 parts Grey Goose Vodka
3 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 part Cointreau
Chilled over ice and strained

==================

I agree this is a great drink! Some get it with olives but I always have it with a twist. Today is Thursday. We sail on Saturday. Guess what I will order for my sail away drink. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Close but not exactly as it implies that Cointreau is in the same amounts as the other ingredients.

==================

Chairman of the Board

3 parts Grey Goose Vodka
1 part Cointreau

==================

I agree this is a great drink! Some get it with olives but I always have it with a twist. Today is Thursday. We sail on Saturday. Guess what I will order for my sail away drink. :classic_biggrin:

When I make it at home, I use even less Cointreau. It's absolutely my favorite drink on Princess. I'm not a fan of sweet, fancy drinks.

I only seldom drink beer, but my wife likes an Iron Butterfly.

Ingredients:

- 1 shot Vodka

- 1 shot Kahlua

- 1 shot bailey’s Irish Cream

Pour vodka over ice in an old-fashioned glass. Add kahlua and irish cream, and stir. Garnish with 1 - 3 optional filbert nuts.

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

==================

Chairman of the Board

3 parts Grey Goose Vodka
1 part Cointreau

==================

Totally agree with a twist is the way too go. Has spoiled the old Gin and tonic for me though!! We sail next March counting the days!!

On 11/7/2018 at 3:30 AM, reedprincess said:

There's quite a selection of frozen drinks on Princess.  All sorts of daiquiris, margaritas, creamy mixed drinks like dirty banana or chocolate monkey, etc.  

As you'll be doing the Hawaiian cruise - highly, highly recommend the Macadamia Madness:  Coconut rum, chocolate liqueur,  cream, macadamia nuts, ice blended with caramel and topped wirh caramel swirl over whipped cream and sprinkled crushed macadamia nuts. It's buttery caramelly coconuty delicious - without being overly sweet.   

Oh, my. That sounds like a drink I would love. But I don't see myself going to Hawaii any time soon. I wonder if they'll be able make it on a Caribbean cruise 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:27 AM, wizard-of-roz said:

ANY BEVERAGE SERVED ON A CRUISE SHIP!! :classic_biggrin:

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:30 AM, reedprincess said:

This sounds so good.  I'm definitely going to try it.  Thanks.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:28 AM, rhblake said:

This sounds good too!  It's worth a try.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, geocruiser said:

Mine is diet Sunkist ( I bring some on board).  But, while on board Diet Coke.  I drink one can of  caffeine drink per day.

After that it is caffeine free ice tea made with tea bags and hot water at the buffet.  Not very exciting. 

I used to schlep 12 cans of caffeine free diet coke until I either purchased the ultimate drink package or booked a "sip & sail" cruise and don't bring anything onboard.  Makes my load a lot lighter.