Silk Harvest changing to LPC

CruisersTimesThree

We had our reservation at Qsine cancelled before our Eclipse sailing... they transferred the same price to LPC.  While we thought it was OK, we'll not be doing that again.  Sad that Silk Harvest is now leaving Equinox as we have reservations in January... wonder when we'll have that reservation cancelled...?

Sorry to hear about Silk Harvest, but we saw LPC at Qsine on Reflection and LOVED it. We thought the food was excellent and really enjoyed the show. It added something special and made us laugh and smile. That's a win for us!  As already mentioned, I think it's on most if not all the other ships now too. Worth inquiring.

Edited by robertacrusies

• 3 months later...

Following with interest. We have a cruise booked on Solstice in 2020 and will likely buy a specialty dining package for all 7 nights, but the selection will be severely diminished if Silk Harvest is replaced by then. LPC holds less than zero interest for us. Solstice isn't scheduled for dry dock until 2021 so I'm hoping they will hold off until then, but it sounds like they have implemented LPC on other ships before their drydocks without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I know this is an older thread but we just spoke with Celebrity regarding our Nov 2017 cruise on the EQ (she will get her refit in May/June) and Celebrity confirmed that Silk Harvest will remain on the EQ; they will not change to LPC.

I did not ask about other ships only EQ.

Cheers Eric

On 11/8/2018 at 3:14 AM, GastroGnome said:

Having been massively skeptical about LPC we did try it on our last cruise (Sillouette) as my DM fancied it.  It was actually quite fun - but there were no warnings at all for individuals with light sensitivity. (Which I did report so they may have fixed it.)  Some types of light are a trigger for migraine for me - exactly the same as photo sensitive epilepsy which is sometimes better understood by folk.  Although the projection was absolutely fine, the "halo" effect when the projectors were on but passive was shocking. If you have ever stood slightly to the side of a projector and got caught by that rainbow / bright light combo you'll know what I mean?  Plus it vibrated - like a fast flicking light bulb.    Outside of that it was fun.  But I still preferred Qusine.  And certainly if we were not already on an unlimited specialty dining package would not have bothered.

We happened to be able to spend some time with the Senior Chef responsible for the project.  Whilst I appreciate the effort and expense it takes to roll this out I would have preferred the effort went into revamping Luminae menus which have been unchanged since inception....

oh no.... the lighting impact....

TY for the warning.