Suite Attendants & Concierge Tip Question

JBoshears

This is our first time in a suite. Last day and the envelopes were on our bed for the attendants. I am all for tipping extra, but really don’t know how much to give them. They were great! Also we did use the concierges, both of them, a couple times this week. Such nice guys. We’re on the Harmony. What would be a good amount to give to each of them?

If you need extra envelopes they usually have them at the Concereiges chairs.  Checker (I think he is home now) and Jermais are great at what they do; personable and professional.  When in a suite on deck 17 we give the main cabin attendant and their helper their own envelope. Same for the Concereiges.  

What to put in it, that’s a tougher call.  We have varried our amounts on all our  cruises depending on what we have asked of them.  It has varried from 20-50 for each of the Concereiges and from 50-125 for each of the attendants over and above the daily tips. The key is, what you feel.  There are some that would leave nothing on top of the daily gratuities, my FIL gave $20 to each attendant for the lofts and he thought that was good.  

Good luck, and I’m glad to hear that you had an amazing week.

Thanks, that helps!  We’re in a loft suite, and it’s been a fabulous week. The best part of all is that we’re on for another week, and it’s an 8 day!! 😁😁

Yes Checker is working. We’ve dealt with him mostly. Both such wonderful guys. I have to say, we’ve never felt so pampered! I’m afraid there’s no going back now. 🤣🤣

We were on Harmony in September and gave Mohamed and Checker $100 each.  We asked nothing of them other than CK reservations prior to the cruise.  We do not eat at any of the worthless specialty restaurants.  

We tipped our room attendant an extra $20 - it was extremely generous considering that he sucked.  

We tipped several staff and waiters/waitresses in SL/CK $20 each.  

Most of these staff know us from prior cruises and are extremely attentive.  We’ll be back on Harmony in December and will tip similarly.  Many of them will still be on until January.  

We frequent many restaurants in our hometown of Miami and I keep staff and maitre’d’s well greased and we receive excellent and personalized service everywhere we go as a result.  It more than pays for itself to be a regular and tip service staff well.  Believe me.

we always start by giving the room attendant  a $20 when we first meet him/her....as we always ask for our ice bucket to be filled and want extra towels, as we shower sometimes twice a day.....waiters in CK always get a $20 too-we eat almost all our meals there...we try to have the same server....bar tenders in SL get extra too...they know and greet us by name.. concierges know us by name and always get a $50..they always help us with something, always come over and talk with us, ask if they can do anything, etc.....nothing extra is required..but we always seem to get great service, while I read of others complaining they don't....is it related?  

13 hours ago, furloughedagain said:

What tips are automatically added to our bill? And who should we bring cash to tip who is NOT automatically added to our bill?

we will be in a Grand Suite on a 5 night. Thanks!

Automatic gratuities cover stateroom attendant and helpers, and dining staff in the MDR and Windjammer. 

Since you get free room service with the suite, you may want to bring some cash to tip the room service people if you intend to use that service.

We tip $5 everytime we have dinner in the CK. Have tried to get the same waiter, but that doesn't always work so we tip nightly.

Stateroom attendant $40 or $50 (7 night) Concierge $10 or $20 ( we almost never use their services) Bar staff in the lounge $1 per drink, even if we order ice water.

• Like 1

Last two were 9 nights in a GS.

I tip in cash, directly to the person, no envelopes.

$20 - 30 for the cabin attendant, remembering they get part of the gratuity.

$50 - 60 or more to the Concierge, depending on how much I used them and how helpful they were.

I tip lounge servers as I go.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, furloughedagain said:

If we don’t have plans to eat in the MDR during the cruise, is there a way to cancel their gratuity but still provide a gratuity to room attendants etc?

Dont want to stiff anyone, but also don’t want to leave a gratuity for a service we didn’t partake in.

No.  You can remove all auto gratuities or you can leave them in place.  The gratuities for "food service" cover ALL of the eating establishments on board.  I assume that you are going to eat somewhere.

Being in a full suite, you will be charged a higher amount for tips than someone NOT in the suite.  The "extra" goes to your suite attendant....just so you know.  If you are quite needy and ask for their assistance a lot, tip an extra $50.....if you're not needy, $20 will be more than sufficient.....just remember how much you've already extended to them, via RCI's adding it to your bill!

• Like 1