Going going gone sale

7 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I would happily book a bargain from the GGG flyer

The problem has been that the flier has almost no "bargains" in several months now. The prices might be lower than the week before, but there are very few good deals (summer is like that usually). To get a bargain, don't rely just on the GGG flier, but also places like cruiseplum (filter by line/cabin/port and sort by price/night).

Just now, Biker19 said:

The problem has been that the flier has almost no "bargains" in several months now. The prices might be lower than the week before, but there are very few good deals (summer is like that usually). To get a bargain, don't rely just on the GGG flier, but also places like cruiseplum (filter by line/cabin/port and sort by price/night).

Thanks. Yeah prices been crazy this year. I look for good prices on a few sites, was just going to add the GGG to my list of places to look.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The flier price may or may not show on Tuesday. There's no guarantee of any of the flier prices nor that a flier is even in effect every week. Also, many times the GGG flier prices are for new bookings only.

Without going back four years and 19 pages in this thread, I see the GGG flier somebody linked for July 4th and 5th. Biker19, do I understand your post to mean that it usually comes out on Tuesdays but sometimes not? If there is a new GGG flier, is it on the RCCL website? 

6 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Without going back four years and 19 pages in this thread, I see the GGG flier somebody linked for July 4th and 5th. Biker19, do I understand your post to mean that it usually comes out on Tuesdays but sometimes not? If there is a new GGG flier, is it on the RCCL website? 

It's that same link whenever it is updated, it will just have the current flier. So you can save/bookmark it.

The sale runs TUE-WED but the flier may come out on SAT or SUN.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

I understand your post to mean that it usually comes out on Tuesdays but sometimes not?

The flier editor takes some weeks off. The day it comes out varies, but the effective date of the sale is Tue/Wed.

Edited by Biker19

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's that same link whenever it is updated, it will just have the current flier. So you can save/bookmark it.

RCI likes to keep folks on their toes and does modify the link once in a while. It was rci_sales_event_USD.docx (rccl.com) just a couple of months ago.

Biker, who forgot to provide the latest link in a while: rci_sales_event_USD.docx (rccl.com)

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

RCI likes to keep folks on their toes and does modify the link once in a while. It was rci_sales_event_USD.docx (rccl.com) just a couple of months ago.

Biker, who forgot to provide the latest link in a while: rci_sales_event_USD.docx (rccl.com)

Thank you, I was looking for the link, so glad you posted it. 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2023 at 4:11 PM, RedIguana said:

I was looking at them for new bookings, not a reprice, so all good there. I don't usually book direct through Royal, but use one of the online TA's for the additional bonus OBC, grats paid, etc. I have never been lucky enough to figure out how to find a TA with group rates apparently. I wasn't sure if there was a promo code to enter when looking at one of the sailings on the GGG flyer. I had tried to look at availability on one of the sailings from this weeks flyer. Royals website did not have the same price as the flyer (higher..figured GGG price sold out), and one of the online TA's also did not have the advertised GGG price, but did come in a few hundred lower than Royal. Wasn't sure if a promo code was needed, had to book through Royal website, or actually had to call to get the flyer price if still available. Since I am at a strange place in life at the time in that I have no cruises booked and my passport is out for renewal, I would happily book a bargain from the GGG flyer and let my daughter or wife fight for the extra spot in the cabin 🤪. Just have to figure out how to actually get the flyer price. I'll keep an eye on them for something that appeals to me over the next few months.

Hmmm, I am finding the flyer prices available on the online TA sites now that I could not find on the July 5th. So apparently a little delay. 

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Hmmm, I am finding the flyer prices available on the online TA sites now that I could not find on the July 5th. So apparently a little delay. 

Perhaps the pattern has changed - pre-COVID it was not unusual to find the GGG prices (or even better) during the weekend BEFORE the effective days of the flier.

1 hour ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Noticed this afternoon that the GGG link is now updated to July 11 and 12. One day when we're retired, we'll be able to take advantage of some of these. 

I thought that a few years back but don’t see much to get excited about these days

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With the rise in port fees on some sailings those fees could be more than the cruise fare itself - the 9/15 Radiance Alaska cruise is one such sailing. When the prices on short sailings to Bahamas come back down to earth, you could have that there as well.

9 minutes ago, sockmonkeygirl said:

This link brings me to a 2020 brochure.  How do I find the current one?  Thank you.

When I copy and paste it you can't pull up the link for some reason.  That said you can find it by using Google

Edited by molly361