Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

21 minutes ago, LauraS said:

Hi folks!

For those of you still with us on this discussion...please g/a and try logging into the Tapatalk app and "adding" Cruise Critic forums.

I'm including both Android and IOS users at this point, because I was just now able to access the forums via Tapatalk App via my iPhone.

Let me know!

I can read the forums with iOS but I can't log in.

I get log in failed.

Edited by Charles4515

• Administrators

Me too Host Hattie.  I'm working w/ Tapatalk folks to figure that out!

Hattie and I have different credentials.  Anyone else getting the "i'm not logged in" error message when trying to reply?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LauraS said:

Me too Host Hattie.  I'm working w/ Tapatalk folks to figure that out!

Hattie and I have different credentials.  Anyone else getting the "i'm not logged in" error message when trying to reply?

When I try to reply it brings up a request to Log In or Register. When I try to log in I get “Log In Failed”. 

14 hours ago, POA1 said:

That might be on your end. I've got paid Tapatalk installed and Android doesn't ask.  You may have to go into Settings > Apps > Tapatalk and clear the Open by default option. (It says something like "Some defaults set" when you are looking at the Tapatalk settings.)

Those screen shots were what I had to do on the first rollout to get cruise critic to NOT USE tapatalk and part of it is there is a central repository where apps that are compatible resides. I think the removed the name so the app wouldn't always want to open cruise critic instead of the web.

The other day after it was mentioned that android was working I could not get there after undoing all the changes I made, now I can get there on android tapatalk.

A-

• Administrators

Still some bugs w/ login with IOS.

I'd appreciate those using Android devices giving it another try.

Please note:  this is NOT the branded app we used to have.   We're talking about the Tapatalk app ONLY at this time.   Do, look at the app icon on your device....if it says TAPATALK you are good.  If not, go to where you get your apps and download TAPATALK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LauraS said:

Please note:  this is NOT the branded app we used to have.   We're talking about the Tapatalk app ONLY at this time.   Do, look at the app icon on your device....if it says TAPATALK you are good.  If not, go to where you get your apps and download TAPATALK.

I can't reply to this thread on Android, I don't see the error message when I try and submit it says connecting to server and then I am still in edit mode.

I am logged in, can view my profile and threads .subscriptions.

I can't reply to this thread on Android, I don't see the error message when I try and submit it says connecting to server and then I am still in edit mode.
I am logged in, can view my profile and threads .subscriptions.

So I needed to "switch user" to login as I changed my password on 12-01
Works fine if this posts
Alan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm posting this from my Android phone. Hopefully it will work.

Update: it worked [emoji3].

One problem I notice is that when I view my Subscribed Threads, it's only showing the most recent threads I posted to, not those that have had other comments posted more recently. I'm not sure if that's the way Tapatalk works (I used the CC app) but it's not what I am expecting to see and not nearly as useful.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by MisterBill99

The website does that as well and generates an error, but then seems to login automatically again.
Yup, it is CC that is logging off of Tapatalk and it's fast like 10 minutes of idle time.

I guess they wanted to ensure the app was as big a pain to use as the website [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Working for me now

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I am using an android phone. I am signed in to Tapatalk and Cruise Critic. I am still seeing my notifications from October and even after refreshing, my new notifications and subscribed threads are not showing. It says "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action" under subscribed. I have tried reloading Tapatalk into my phone and signing out and in again.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

24 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I am using an android phone. I am signed in to Tapatalk and Cruise Critic. I am still seeing my notifications from October and even after refreshing, my new notifications and subscribed threads are not showing. It says "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to do this action" under subscribed. I have tried reloading Tapatalk into my phone and signing out and in again.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Does your image look like my post in 143?  I think I’m stuck where you are as well.