Any chance of getting a mobile app back?

Here is a list of the websites under TripAdvisor management.   A cursory review gives me the feeling that they are all using the same software - maybe POA1 can make a more informed analysis.   My guess is that Trip Advisor IT is driving the bus and cruise critic is just one of many websites....

www.airfarewatchdog.comwww.bokun.iowww.bookingbuddy.comwww.citymaps.comwww.cruisecritic.comwww.familyvacationcritic.comwww.flipkey.comwww.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.comwww.eltenedor.comwww.iens.nl and www.dimmi.com.au), www.gateguru.comwww.holidaylettings.co.ukwww.holidaywatchdog.comwww.housetrip.comwww.jetsetter.comwww.niumba.comwww.onetime.comwww.oyster.comwww.seatguru.comwww.smartertravel.comwww.tingo.comwww.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com. 

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You know, I'm sitting in my doctor's office with crappy wifi and I really have no speed issues.  I just dont see what many are referring to

Its instantaneous 

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters! :classic_biggrin: The new site features missile launch photos from Cape Canaveral and native butt pix. 

Add to that the blistering speed from many medical offices and we have ourselves a winner! 

I, for one, love, love love the spacious post box! Note the wide open spaces we see when we try to post. 

Screenshot_20181130-121011.thumb.png.467cc2d17c9543d974730a563a467ba9.png

Truly not being belligerent, but maybe your device is not optimized for Mobile Web. 🤔  I'm not technical like you are, just a user.  

I could type War and Peace here. 😉

And thanks again for screen shot lesson. 😀

BTW, I must have missed the native butts. What would you enjoy seeing? I take requests.

Screenshot_20181130-122444_Chrome.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Truly not being belligerent, but maybe your device is not optimized for Mobile Web. 🤔  I'm not technical like you are, just a user.  

I clicked on Internet > Options > Optimize for Mobile Web. It fixed everything! I have improved muscle tone and my A1C is down to 5.4. Thanks for the tip! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Could there be a TapaTalk App in time for Christmas? 🎅🎄

I'm hoping Santa wants to beat the rush and brings the app down my chimney early. I'd like to take it on my Christmas cruise that leaves on the 16th. I think I've been a good boy this year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 2:45 PM, John&LaLa said:

Just curious, do you use Tapatalk for any other boards?  I didn't.  Had both TT and the CC app on my phone.  Mainly used the TT one.

Sorry, I haven’t checked this in a while. Without the ability to use the app I don’t get on CC much any longer. I don’t sit on a computer to read CC. I use Tapatalk for about 7 other boards. Mostly fishing reports here on Lake Erie. It would be nice to get CC back available on the app. 

• Thanks 1

I am going to add my 2 cents in here as well. Like others I used to check the Tapatalk app daily, usually several times a day. Since they upgraded the forum software and the app no longer works I have logged in exactly twice. The site to me is just not workable enough to pop in and out of, I have to dedicate time and thinks about navigating between different sections.  I hope that its true they are working on a replacement and I hope it comes sooner rather than later.  We leave on the 30th and I want to do a live from but I am not sure how well its going to work using the web interface. 

3 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

All the forum has to do is add the tapatalk plug in and we will be able to browse the forum.f

They could also develop or use an existing mobile optimized skin for IP Board / Invision.

This has been discussed frequently and in numerous places. According to CC there is an incompatibility with the plugin.

1 hour ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Then they broke something major with their modification and are patching around it.

I think they announced before the update that there wouldn't be an app anymore, so I don't think the broke anything.  Other than my heart. 💔💔💔

• Administrators

So, I'm doubling back on this topic....to share that we've been working on this and YES!  The mobile app will be back. In stages.

First, these forums will be available via the Tapatalk app -- for Android Devices.  The Tapatalk App is available from Google Play or wherever you get your android apps. It may even be available now.

Then, the forums will be available via the Tapatalk app -- for IOS (Apple) devices.  This takes a bit longer as the Apple folks do more testing on the apps etc.

FINALLY, our Branded standalone app will return.  I do not have an ETA yet on this, but I will let you know.

All of the above will be announced on a more formal basis when the Apple version is available.

Hope this helps,

Laura

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LauraS said:

So, I'm doubling back on this topic....to share that we've been working on this and YES!  The mobile app will be back. In stages.

First, these forums will be available via the Tapatalk app -- for Android Devices.  The Tapatalk App is available from Google Play or wherever you get your android apps. It may even be available now.

Then, the forums will be available via the Tapatalk app -- for IOS (Apple) devices.  This takes a bit longer as the Apple folks do more testing on the apps etc.

FINALLY, our Branded standalone app will return.  I do not have an ETA yet on this, but I will let you know.

All of the above will be announced on a more formal basis when the Apple version is available.

Hope this helps,

Laura

Thank you Laura!

On 12/19/2018 at 2:47 PM, LauraS said:

This is great news! I just tried to access on Android and it's apparently still  finding the old version of the boards because it tells me that it's no longer supported. If someone figures out a way to make it work, please post. Or maybe it's just not updated yet.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, julie3fan said:

I tried Tapatalk yesterday and immediately got the message that CC was no longer supported.  I tried Tapatalk today and got the logon screen, and only got the not supported message after I tried to logon.  So things are changing!

I got the message immediately today but then noticed that it got added and tried again and got the error at login. So I think I saw the same thing as you did, just compressed into one day.

Edited by MisterBill99

2 hours ago, LauraS said:

I'll look into the error message you Android folks are getting!

Was cruise critic removed from the repository of sites back in october whene the site first came back online?

I get the same error as others and reversed my previous steps.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, AlanF65 said:

The web address needs to be removed for the repository of sites that open by default in tapatalk.

I have Tapatalk set to open boards by default and needed to change it back to always ask to be ble to get to the boards on android even after I removed cruise critic from my groups and profile in tapatalk, the boards link from the main page wants to open in tapatalk if the settings aren't "always ask"

Thanks

A-

Screenshot_20181016-174851_Settings.jpg

2 hours ago, LauraS said:

I'll look into the error message you Android folks are getting!

3 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Was cruise critic removed from the repository of sites back in october whene the site first came back online?

I get the same error as others and reversed my previous steps.

That might be on your end. I've got paid Tapatalk installed and Android doesn't ask.  You may have to go into Settings > Apps > Tapatalk and clear the Open by default option. (It says something like "Some defaults set" when you are looking at the Tapatalk settings.)

• Administrators

Hi folks!

For those of you still with us on this discussion...please g/a and try logging into the Tapatalk app and "adding" Cruise Critic forums.

I'm including both Android and IOS users at this point, because I was just now able to access the forums via Tapatalk App via my iPhone.

Let me know!