Mariner Society mess

BJzink

The response I received from the Mariner Society only 2 day ago, like many others:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line.

Unfortunately, there is currently an issue with recent sailings not posting fully to Mariner accounts. This is a known issue and we are working as fast as we can to get it fixed. We thank you for your patience on this matter and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or visit us online at www.hollandamerica.com.  We thank you for your continued patronage.

Kind Regards,

Philip
Mariner Society
Holland America Line
U.S. and Canada: 800-547-9139
International: 206-286-3900
Mon-Fri
  8am-5pm PST

Savor The Journey

Evidently, they are trying to do something about it and it's not working.....

Edited by 0bnxshs

What a bunch of b.s. from the Mariner society!  I cruised LAST December and getting the information posted had been a problem since September or October - that's 2017.  I'm sure you can find those complaints on CC somewhere. My info took over two months to post and almost a year later is still not correct. When I pointed out to them that their own figures shown on the site didn't add up, I got some nonsensical response.  STILL have not gotten all credit for my on-board spending.  I don't care about most of that - once I made 4-star the rest of that isn't important to me - but the fact that they continue to use the same excuses a year later really ticks me off.  I'm beginning to think I need to look elsewhere for cruises.  If I can't trust them to be honest, why am I paying them so much money to cheat me out of benefits I have EARNED??  I love the ships, itinerary and the staff, but corporate is horrible and out of touch and isn't worth the stress of dealing with their lies and excuses.

Anything invented after the 18th Century seems to be a big problem with HAL :(.  Yesterday we looked at our own Mariner account and it showed that we have never even been on HAL (we are 5 Star Mariners with cruises going back more then 20 years).  Is anyone surprised that HAL has issues with software upgrades?  Just consider what they have on their ships, which is about 20 years behind much of their competition.  So we shall give HAL time (50 years might be enough) to get their act together regarding software.

Hank

On 11/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, BJzink said:

I have just checked my Mariner Society Status, and it is in a completely different format.  I have been checking every week since I debarked my cruise on Maasdam on October 14, 2018.  There was my points for the cruise days, but nothing for the shipboard credits.  I have all the receipts for the onboard purchases and the pre-cruise purchases.  The list of my points is consolidated for all cruises that I have taken - not broken down by cruise.  And.....nothing yet for the credits on Maasdam.   It also says that I have no previous cruises.  Looks like they don't want me to actually see the credits for each cruise.  I have tried to be patient, but this is too much.

I am not sure why you cannot see yours, but mine is completely intact.i see no fault with the holland america site at all.  i see every sailing and every credit for the past ten years. odd. is it your browser or something?? We just got a new computer that loads pages and programs that i could not open with my older operating system. i wonder why i can see every detail and you cannot. have you tried reaching out to customer service??

Edited by tuolumne couple

1 hour ago, tuolumne couple said:

I am not sure why you cannot see yours, but mine is completely intact.i see no fault with the holland america site at all.  i see every sailing and every credit for the past ten years. odd. is it your browser or something?? We just got a new computer that loads pages and programs that i could not open with my older operating system. i wonder why i can see every detail and you cannot. have you tried reaching out to customer service??

It has nothing to do with your new pc, HAL is having issues see their response to questions as posted by  0bnxshs a couple of posts up.

"The response I received from the Mariner Society only 2 day ago, like many others:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line.

Unfortunately, there is currently an issue with recent sailings not posting fully to Mariner accounts. This is a known issue and we are working as fast as we can to get it fixed. We thank you for your patience on this matter and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or visit us online at www.hollandamerica.com.  We thank you for your continued patronage.

Kind Regards,

Philip
Mariner Society
Holland America Line
U.S. and Canada: 800-547-9139
International: 206-286-3900
Mon-Fri
  8am-5pm PST

Savor The Journey

Evidently, they are trying to do something about it and it's not working"

Two days ago all my history was gone, yesterday it was back, however the credits for my last cruise which ended October 28 are still missing. When was your last cruise?

Am sure that they will fix it eventually, may take some time.......

Our Mariner status has come and gone 3 times this past week..also, even though we have 3 cruises booked the web site says "no bookings"..this is especially disturbing since we will be cruising  on a HAL ship over Christmas! I called and was told they were having I T issues and hoped my records would be correct both for the booking and our 4 Star status prior to our December 23rd cruise. 

Me too.   I checked my points before cruise and yes we were due for silver medallion 300 days.  The cruiseline also thought so and we had the presentation onboard Rotterdam.   I was looking at the points the other day and see that whilst we have the days for the cruise in theory, no onboard spend points.   However, they have also altered our total points and according to their new figure we are not at 300 days (which we are).   

Was waiting to see what would happen.

Edited by mancunian

12 hours ago, madera1 said:

Our cruise days from our September 29 4 night coastal have finally been posted and include all extras we should have.

Why do  they say "thank you for your patience?      I  dislike that.  Don't assume someone is being patient when they   have no choice but to wait.  It isn't patience, it is 'held hostage' waiting for issue  to be resolved.

Well, what ever they've done has erased my history with HAL.  At least the last time they did this, they gifted me with Mariner points.  Now, they've taken them all away as well as my cruise history.  But, the bright side is they do still know I have booked a cruise with them for next summer.

As an update, I phoned in to the Mariner Society office today and the helpful HAL person got our status updated to 5 Star for our next cruise even though the cruise detail won't update until 4 weeks after 10/28/2018.  I checked our status in my online profile and it reflects 5 star status.

Tim

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

As an update, I phoned in to the Mariner Society office today and the helpful HAL person got our status updated to 5 Star for our next cruise even though the cruise detail won't update until 4 weeks after 10/28/2018.  I checked our status in my online profile and it reflects 5 star status.

Tim

Congratulations  🙂

48 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

Tim

At least someone’s helpful!  Congratulations!

Our Cruisng dates are still incorrect after two months. We took two Prinsendam Cruises, 28 Days each in August and September.  For the longest time, both cruises were listed, but the total cruise days were incorrect. I figured the problem was that the the totals weren’t  tallied until they added the cruise credit days. Finally the end of October the September 2nd Cruise was added to the cruise days and the cruise credit days. Our August 5th, 28 days cruise was not tallied into total cruise days. I talked to the Mariners Society after an extremely long wait last Friday. She promised that she would fix our account on Monday,

Today, I checked our status just before writing this and now the August 5th cruise of 28 days is no longer listed. On top of all the mess, the cruises aren’t even in order. I suspect someone decided to put them in order alpha order within each year.

I thought the new website was a disaster , but the Mariners Status is even a worse MESS!

21 hours ago, sparks247 said:

Two days ago all my history was gone, yesterday it was back, however the credits for my last cruise which ended October 28 are still missing. When was your last cruise?

Am sure that they will fix it eventually, may take some time.......

my last cruise was last year, but my credits took a small amount of time to post. naturally. entering that much data for that many passengers nationwide, well i am sure it is time consuming. no, my data is accurate and all there. October 28 2018 was only 13 working days ago. and yes, as you suggest, it will take some time . it will  be there eventually. no one is trying to rob anyone of history, or points, i assure you. hang in there tiger. its all good. i was just proposing the browser issue for those not seeing ANY history. that is an entirely different issue than not seeing your cruise points from 13 working days ago. you follow me? take care, live well, cruise free. looking forward to my next administration of vitamin sea next month. peace out