Priority embarkation

We are having a 'discussion' here on our embarkation time for our next cruise on a Princess ship from Portside. Our last cruise from Portside was on a P&O ship and there, they were enforcing the embarkation times, but P&O don't have loyalty levels with priority embarkation. We have just now received an email reminding us that our embarkation time is 1pm. We have elite status with Princess, so I believe we can check in earlier than the allotted time. What have others found?

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We are having a 'discussion' here on our embarkation time for our next cruise on a Princess ship from Portside. Our last cruise from Portside was on a P&O ship and there, they were enforcing the embarkation times, but P&O don't have loyalty levels with priority embarkation. We have just now received an email reminding us that our embarkation time is 1pm. We have elite status with Princess, so I believe we can check in earlier than the allotted time. What have others found?

We've found about 11am a good time to arrive.

38 minutes ago, sailco said:

We've found about 11am a good time to arrive.

We have usually gone around 10.15 to 10.30. We were rather surprised to find that the embarkation times quoted by P&O were being enforced, so my question is "Will the embarkation times be enforced for boarding a Princess ship, or will we have priority boarding (as Elite) whenever we arrive?" We are planning to arrive around 10.30 as boarding usually starts not long after that.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have usually gone around 10.15 to 10.30. We were rather surprised to find that the embarkation times quoted by P&O were being enforced, so my question is "Will the embarkation times be enforced for boarding a Princess ship, or will we have priority boarding (as Elite) whenever we arrive?" We are planning to arrive around 10.30 as boarding usually starts not long after that.

You'll definitely have priority boarding with Princess. Make sure you print your boarding pass in colour and hold it out to the cruise staff so that the Priority bit is clearly shown. They'll wave you through to the correct line and it'll be smooth sailing from then on. :classic_biggrin:

Yes priority boarding, Suite/Elite/Platinum with Princess, anytime boarding within the check in time window of course, not 1 minute before sailing !!!  You will find these days, many have priority boarding, so many Elites/Platinums, in fact the majority of pax on many Princess cruises.

Above all, enjoy and 'Come Back New.'  :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Loyalty status trumps the allocated deck times.

That has been my argument in our discussion here at home. When I was shown the email reminding us about the 1pm embarkation and asked "What don't you understand about that?" I replied "What don't you understand about Elite status?"

There would be a very loud protest from Princess Elite members if the priority embarkation was ended.

We just got same email for our Nov 24 Princess cruise but above where time was it said if priority boarding then anytime. We haven't had a problem getting there early to board since we became Platinum and now Elite.

53 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We have the loyalty status but tend to arrive after the lunch time rush (1.30-2.30pm) as we are normally catching up with family and friends for lunch anyway.

This isn't relevant for us. We will be cruising from our home city so can see family and friends any other time. We prefer to board earlier so we can have lunch on board in the dining room. We can be unpacked and organised in our cabin (sorry - stateroom) before sailaway.

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We have the loyalty status but tend to arrive after the lunch time rush (1.30-2.30pm) as we are normally catching up with family and friends for lunch anyway.

Smart cookie Mic.  Way to go, wait for the rush to end.   I think we might wait until 3pm to embark Noordam in April, no priority on HAL for us.  My son can meet us and shout us a real smart lunch around the Quay/Rocks. :classic_biggrin:  But it will not be a full embarkation anyway, half the pax will already be on the ship after doing the Aus/NZ bit and going back to USA/Canada, judging by the roll call thus far anyway.  

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Smart cookie Mic.  Way to go, wait for the rush to end.   I think we might wait until 3pm to embark Noordam in April, no priority on HAL for us.  My son can meet us and shout us a real smart lunch around the Quay/Rocks. :classic_biggrin:  But it will not be a full embarkation anyway, half the pax will already be on the ship after doing the Aus/NZ bit and going back to USA/Canada, judging by the roll call thus far anyway.  

HAL cruises seem to be very different in that many cruises are also sold as double (B2B) cruises.

Yes Evon that is what I intend to do on Saturday - usually get to the Quay at midday and priority is so good it takes no time. Yes we met in 2011.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Nuh! We will go aboard, have a leisurely lunch in the main dining room, then sit on our balcony with a glass of wine and nibbles.

Yes we where so naive to cruising back then but since have done several cruises, 2 currently booked and I am looking at a 3rd one soon. I learnt so much from several of you on that great adventure. We still love cruising.