Isle of Pines

Embl

Sorry but I'm lost. There used to be a thread that covered what to do on the islands but I can't find it. Can anyone help with this or provide information on what to do on the Isle of Pines for the day please? We don't really want to book a ship tour unless it's really necessary.

3 hours ago, Embl said:

Sorry but I'm lost. There used to be a thread that covered what to do on the islands but I can't find it. Can anyone help with this or provide information on what to do on the Isle of Pines for the day please? We don't really want to book a ship tour unless it's really necessary.

Hi try Celebrity web site . Go to shore excursions type in your destination works well ,then book through who 

ever prefer . Good Luck

The locals run their own tours there as well so don't have to pay the overpriced Celebrity tours.  They are all waiting for you when you get off the ship.  I think we paid something like $20ea (at the most) to go in a little minivan driven by a local and taken around the island for a couple of hours.  

• Like 1

A very useful list of the various ports was posted by LuckiePuris a few years ago on the Ports of Call - Pacific Islands board. I, and others have found it most helpful in planning our island port calls.

Hope that helps. Looking at it, much of it is still current.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2018 at 8:37 AM, Mr&MrsCookie said:

The locals run their own tours there as well so don't have to pay the overpriced Celebrity tours.  They are all waiting for you when you get off the ship.  I think we paid something like $20ea (at the most) to go in a little minivan driven by a local and taken around the island for a couple of hours.  

Same for us back in January. We did the local minibus tour which was good although the driver did not have a PA system which made it a little hard for me to hear as I have electonically assisted hearing, which isn't perfect.

31 minutes ago, Embl said:

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice and comments.

Hopefully we can get a mini van tour.

Are there plenty or do we need to be off the ship quite early?

There were a few there to choose from with varying departure times. We booked a tour (A$20 or A$25) then went away for an hour or so to explore the place, and find a couple of geocaches,  then came back at departure time.