$25 deposits?

gordylad

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

impossible to login to my cruise planner, does anybody knows if there are special price on shore excursions and beverage pack?

None that we have been notified of and checked our 6 bookings and no offers on any of ours.

I was able to book a 9nt for $50 instead of the usual $900 deposit. The TA did have a group rate which would have required the full deposit but it was only a tiny bit less money than the regular rate and was not combinable with the category upgrade. 

We booked with our travel agent yesterday - a b2b during the winter in 2020.  Happy to put down a deposit of $ 100 instead of the usual $ 1800 for the b2b.  Plus, we will receive a $ 100 discount from Celebrity when they reprice it in two weeks - it has to go to another department for the discount pricing on b2b.  Our booking includes prepaid gratuities.  Since we will be Elite after our cruise in 2019, we will have our wine at no charge during the Elite cocktail hour.  Neither of us drinks more than one or two glasses of wine a day, so this will work well for us.  Our travel agent will be gifting us with $ 300 obc for each cruise, so we are delighted.

Thanks for letting us know about the $ 25 deposits.  It is wonderful to not have to pay $ 1800 15 months ahead of the cruise.

Booked an Alaska cruise on line then got the confirmation @ $1000 more.  Wish I took a screenshot.  Celebrity is closed now so I will have to cancel on Monday.  

Was having trouble all evening with prices changing continuously - on multiple sailings :classic_huh:

Edited by LEtue

5 minutes ago, LEtue said:

Booked an Alaska cruise on line then got the confirmation @ $1000 more.  Wish I took a screenshot.  Celebrity is closed now so I will have to cancel on Monday.  

Was having trouble all evening with prices changing continuously - on multiple sailings :classic_huh:

Were you looking at a qualifying sailing and entering the deposit correctly?

* $25 Reduced Deposit Offer is applicable to new bookings made Nov. 22 - 27, 2018, for cruises departing Mar. 1, 2019 – May 11, 2020. Reduced deposits are per person and excludes group bookings, suites, Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Explorations, Alaska Cruisetours and Galapagos sailings. Reduced deposit must be paid by deposit payment required due date. Offer is applicable to the United States, Canada and Australia. To redeem at celebritycruises.com, proceed to the payment page, select “Other” in the deposit field and enter the deposit amount. Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity’s cancellation policy for details.

Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

9 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Were you looking at a qualifying sailing and entering the deposit correctly?

* $25 Reduced Deposit Offer is applicable to new bookings made Nov. 22 - 27, 2018, for cruises departing Mar. 1, 2019 – May 11, 2020. Reduced deposits are per person and excludes group bookings, suites, Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Explorations, Alaska Cruisetours and Galapagos sailings. Reduced deposit must be paid by deposit payment required due date. Offer is applicable to the United States, Canada and Australia. To redeem at celebritycruises.com, proceed to the payment page, select “Other” in the deposit field and enter the deposit amount. Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity’s cancellation policy for details.

Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Yes, it happened twice - called and canceled the first one as soon as I got the confirmation. 

Thought it was me - then it happened again.  The cruise total was clearly visible including the reduced deposit with cancel terms.  The cruise was listed at $599 pp plus $191 taxes for an inside cabin.  I pay more for solo so $1713 was the price on the final screen.  My confirmation reads $2793 total and the $25 was charged.