Edge Preview Cruise: Other than travel agents, have you been invited?

C 2 C

We were fortunate to have been on the Solstice naming ceremony a decade ago and Reflection after four back to backs from Amsterdam.  No luck this time though.  Rumours have it though that some cruisers booking suites have had the good fortune to be comped for one of the preview cruises.

It is very sad that a couple with the number of cruises/ days that you have sailed on Celebrity did not get invited to the top Edge events. Sometimes I wonder what the executives at celebrity are thinking. LLP needs to take her head out of the clouds (I am keeping it clean here but it is not really what I mean!) and come on down to earth. Sorry to hear Arno that you were not included. That is truly a shame. What's the definition of loyalty?? Do they only care about the suite guests??

• Like 1

I can tell you that we were invited to all of the S-Class preview cruises but we were not for Edge.    And we almost always book suites so I don't think that has anything to do with it.   We lived in Miami previously so perhaps that is the reason?    

2 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

We are Zenith and have been for a while.  We always book Penthouse, RS or CS and were not invited.  Really did not expect to be, never knew they did that...

Sounds like most Zeniths got ignored for this. It’s too bad as from the photos and videos I have seen from today’s 2 day preview it doesn’t look overly crowded which means they had a chunk of cabins unoccupied. Now maybe they intentionally wanted a smaller crowd on the first couple previews to ease the crew into it? 

Just be happy for those who had the luxury of being invited!  I have to wait until April to experience this beautiful ship myself, as a revenue customer.  VT(Marilyn) is sharing so much of her several cruises with all of us, so she is taking us with her!  Honestly, I am happy just viewing photos and reading information on my iMac...

Arno, I would have guessed that you would have been invited too, but at least you have been in the past!

Yes, Marilyn(VT) did book an S1 aft suite.  I booked the same one for my cruise, so am very excited to hear all about it...

Edited by Lastdance

On 11/24/2018 at 11:57 PM, hcat said:

Vt cruiser was invited. I think she booked suites????  And she booked the Charity cruise

Also a very active poster on EDGE threads

No, she´s on the Charity cruise and booked the regular ones Dec 1st...

steamboats

On 11/25/2018 at 12:45 PM, travelwide said:

It is very sad that a couple with the number of cruises/ days that you have sailed on Celebrity did not get invited to the top Edge events. Sometimes I wonder what the executives at celebrity are thinking. LLP needs to take her head out of the clouds (I am keeping it clean here but it is not really what I mean!) and come on down to earth. Sorry to hear Arno that you were not included. That is truly a shame. What's the definition of loyalty?? Do they only care about the suite guests??

My last several cruises indicate to me that "loyalty" is not a factor. I'm pleased to receive the listed benefits, but the on board extras seemed to have vanished. On my recent Connie cruise DW and I were "top cruisers", but did not receive invitations to what was once the Zenith lunch, then the Zenith/suite lunch and now only the top a suite lunch. The Captain had a table in Tuscan,but we were not included. We saw th table as we were dining. I said nothing, he said nothing.Money, not loyalty talks. Business is business! I believe that the few with over 6000 points (I have much less) should have been invited. Lee, the former head of loyalty would have acted appropriately.

4 minutes ago, Orator said:

My last several cruises indicate to me that "loyalty" is not a factor. I'm pleased to receive the listed benefits, but the on board extras seemed to have vanished. On my recent Connie cruise DW and I were "top cruisers", but did not receive invitations to what was once the Zenith lunch, then the Zenith/suite lunch and now only the top a suite lunch. The Captain had a table in Tuscan,but we were not included. We saw th table as we were dining. I said nothing, he said nothing.Money, not loyalty talks. Business is business! I believe that the few with over 6000 points (I have much less) should have been invited. Lee, the former head of loyalty would have acted appropriately.

I think it varies by sailing. I was in a Penthouse last year and did not get invited to a special lunch like that. Then earlier this year I was in a Royal Suite and did get an invite to a special lunch (I was also Elite and Sapphire level in Blue Chip so that may have helped). But at that lunch it was a large portion of Zenith travelers and then a few other non-Zenith suite guests like us. Perhaps if there are too many Zeniths on a sailing then they limit it to just top suite guests (including those who may also be Zenith)?

10 minutes ago, Orator said:

My last several cruises indicate to me that "loyalty" is not a factor. I'm pleased to receive the listed benefits, but the on board extras seemed to have vanished.

On our last cruise there was no invite to an officer's table, nor to the Suite/Zenith luncheon as well.

I know that money talks volumes. But the "new" loyalty person has yet to drop us a line even though over the last year we passed 2,000 days on a Celebrity ship in over 200 cruises and passing 9,000 pts.

We enjoy the staff onboard but, in my opinion, Miami head office seems to be ignoring the repeat cruisers that helped the line to become as popular as it is.

2091764139_Zenith9243.png.2ed4ed1fa4ff49300ee979ccd2aa4d33.png

On 11/25/2018 at 12:45 PM, travelwide said:

Loyalty is not in Celebrity vocabulary anymore.